Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 15 &16 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 15 &16 (271 Views)

PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 20 / PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 19 / PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 15 &16 by graceola001(f): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
PAULINA... A Life With A Difference
© OLAYEMI GRACE

EPISODE FIFTEEN
Paulina could not just but wonder what the message could be. She had scanned the woman and knew that she could not be more than thirty years old or thereabout and she looked like she had been on the praying ground for long because of the dirt on her clothes towards the knee level and her white eyeballs looked like she had not eaten for days.

“I’m very sorry ma’am but I don’t know you from anywhere or do you know me?” Paulina asked the woman who was looking eager to deliver her message to Paulina.

“You may not know me but the person that sent me to you knows you and everything about you,” the woman replied. “And who could that be?” Paulina asked looking perplexed.

“The Lord Jesus Christ,” she replied.

Paulina smiled to reveal her well set dental arrangement and then her eyes shone brighter because she was optimistic and very excited to know what God had told the woman for her. But another part of her was feeling uneasy and she could sense that there was something unusual or probably not right about the woman.

The woman went to a building not so far from the shade where Paulina was seated and brought a chair which she sat on. And before she gave her message she introduced herself as Prophetess Mary.

“The message I have for you is that your prayers have been answered.”

“As I was passing by while you were praying, I saw a siege been lifted from your head and angels were descending from heaven bringing gifts and they were handing them over to you. I would have just walked away and not say anything but I saw a strong man struggling with you and he wanted to take the gifts away from you and then God told me that you would have to do something to stop the strong man from overpowering you and taking your blessings away,” the prophetess narrated to Paulina who was looking at her with keen interest.

Paulina had the gift of discernment of spirits and as the woman was speaking to her she could see through her and discern that she was deceiving her but she didn’t want to be rude so she just listened and played along.

“What did God say I should do?” Paulina asked.

“You have to sow a seed and fast for 21 days.”

“Ok, ma’am thanks for the message I really appreciate it,” Paulina said and turned back to her bible.

“You didn’t even ask for further information on how the seed sowing would be and the fasting?” The prophetess asked rather surprised by Paulina’s seemingly carefree attitude.

She had to wonder if Paulina was really on that prayer ground for something serious. She was used to going to people she saw in the place of prayer to tell them that God had answered their prayers and that they should sow some seeds to a certain orphanage which she would give them the account details and unknown to those people she was in charge of the account so in short, she do swindle people of their hard-earned money. She knows that anyone that would take out time from their busy schedule to go to any secluded place for prayers must have a serious need and must be desperate to do anything to get result. She do move from places to places and most times she never goes back to any place once she had completed her job.

She arrived at that particular retreat ground where Paulina was that afternoon and once she sighted Paulina she felt she would be her target for that day. She kept looking at Paulina expecting a reply from her and when she gets none she became discouraged.

“Don’t you want your blessings to locate you?” The prophetess probed further hoping that she would get a positive reply from Paulina. Paulina had no intentions of confronting the woman for her lies but she could no longer hold herself as she wanted to scream in her face and ask why she was doing all she was doing but on a second thought she decided to make the woman agree to her crimes.

“I obviously want my blessings to locate me, but I just want to ask you ma’am that what was the tag that was on the gifts that you saw the angels bringing to me?” Paulina asked.

EPISODE SIXTEEN
Prophetess Mary was quiet for a while, she was not expecting such a question and so she had no ready answer to give. She looked at Paulina for a while and was trying to guess what a young woman like her could need so desperately. After thinking for a while, she finally concluded that the only thing that could be so germane to a lady of her age should be marriage or probably admission into the university or success in her exams. Paulina just smiled as the prophetess told her the tags she saw on the packages and by the time she got to the husband part, Paulina could not hold her laughter. She laughed her heart out and tears fell from her eyes. After which she maintained a straight face and told the woman that the packages she saw were not for her and that she should look for the owner before the strong man goes away with it.

The prophetess was embarrassed and offended but since she knew that she was lying she had no defence and she could not afford to be exposed so she just stood up and made to leave.

“Not so fast ma’am, you and I have a lot to discuss so I would advise you sit down quietly so we don’t make a scene,” Paulina called back to her and she had to sit.

Paulina asked why she was doing what she was doing and even after Mary narrated to her that she was led into it after she suffered a colossal loss when she was stripped of all her savings by a man of God who claimed to be sent to her to deliver her son from insanity.

She worked so hard to keep up with the man’s demands and even though her husband was not in support of it, she was bent on doing anything just to see her son recover. She sold most of her properties and even took a loan from the bank using her matrimonial home as collateral and yet her son was not getting better. The last straw that broke her camel’s back was when the man gave her a mixture to use for her son and after using it the child developed complications and died days later. Her husband was so angry and he sent her packing after making sure that she paid for the loan she took with his house as collateral. She went back to the man of God but he had absconded. That made her so angry and she was on a revenge mission to also make others feel what she felt after being fooled.

Paulina felt pity for the woman and prayed that God would comfort her. However, she made it clear to her that the fact that she was a victim did not justify her actions. She didn’t have to make other people suffer for what someone else did to her. Paulina advised her to seek the face of God for forgiveness and she should forgive that man and that was the only time that she could be healed from the hurt and pain. Paulina prayed with her and she even received a word of knowledge that the woman should go back to her husband because God had touched his heart and that he was sorry for chasing her out.

Mary was very grateful after her encounter with Paulina and she could not but wonder how such a young girl was so yielded to God and was walking in such dimension. She bade Paulina farewell after they both exchanged contacts.
To be continued...

Thanks for taking out time to read through this series. Feel free to share with others but don't edit out the author's details. God bless you!
Visit www.okadabooks.com/user/Graceolayemi to read the rest

(1) (Reply)

Papa Is Dead!!!� / . / Get Soft Copy(pdf) Of Any Book You Desire (motivational/educational/--varieties)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.