Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Anyone Good In PHP And Mysqli To Tell Me Whats Wrong With This Code?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Anyone Good In PHP And Mysqli To Tell Me Whats Wrong With This Code?? (489 Views)

Download E-commerce System Using Php/mysqli With Free Source Code / Looking For A Core PhP and Mysqli Developer? / Please How Can I Convert This Mysql Code To Mysqli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Good In PHP And Mysqli To Tell Me Whats Wrong With This Code?? by PericomaNwankwo: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2020
I am trying to upgrade the script from mysql to mysqli but this is the error that has been beating me up please help...

The code:

$theValue
Re: Anyone Good In PHP And Mysqli To Tell Me Whats Wrong With This Code?? by Karleb(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2020
mysqli_real_escape_string($db, $theValue);

The $db variable is the reference to the mysqli object.

I.e $db = new mysqli();

Gerrit?

BTW, are you a New Yorker?
Re: Anyone Good In PHP And Mysqli To Tell Me Whats Wrong With This Code?? by PericomaNwankwo: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Karleb:
mysqli_real_escape_string($db, $theValue);

The $db variable is the reference to the mysqli object.

I.e $db = new mysqli();

Gerrit?

BTW, are you a New Yorker?

Yes got it, thanks a lot.

NY? That's VPN , I'm in Abidjan
Re: Anyone Good In PHP And Mysqli To Tell Me Whats Wrong With This Code?? by Xperienx(m): 10:16am On Aug 16, 2020
You are just about to write another vulnerable code.
Use PDO instead

1 Like

Re: Anyone Good In PHP And Mysqli To Tell Me Whats Wrong With This Code?? by PericomaNwankwo: 6:21am On Sep 16, 2020
Xperienx:
You are just about to write another vulnerable code.
Use PDO instead

Yeah I already fixed it, code is okay, used MySQL and just downgraded my php version. That solves it

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With Wordpress Plugin / UI/UX Person Who Is Very Good Here? Very Creative And Willing To Do Great Stuff? / Professional Web Developer Needed In Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.