Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

How Do We Solve The Problem That Is Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do We Solve The Problem That Is Nigeria? (150 Views)

The Problem That Is Going On Nigeria Now About The Binance / The Problem About Tinubu / Where Is Nigeria Labour Congress When U Need Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Solve The Problem That Is Nigeria? by PtePeter1987(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
When you ask different people these questions, you are likely to receive different responses, but I will ask these questions again;
1- What is Nigeria’s biggest problem today
2- How do we solve the problem that is Nigeria.

I recently began watching Documentaries about different countries and current events. Some in Europe and even as far out North Korea.
North Korea as we all know is a secretive state that is under a lot of sanctions.
Economically a lot of the citizens live in poverty, but from an infrastructure point of view, some of what they have “built themselves” is remarkable.

In Nigeria we have resources, workforce, and brains and yet I cannot help but look at things like the Railway lines the Chinese have built for us and the loans we continue to ask for.
Could we not have built it ourselves? Do we not have Nigerian Engineers to do it? The amount of employment it would have created would be enormous and in the process we might have even been asked by other African nations to build for them.
Then there’s the state of our Hospitals, Schools, Roads and think of Pensioners who are waiting and waiting for their Pensions.
In the 80s China were nothing while we were claiming Giant of Africa. Now, we are still claiming Giant of Africa while we are nothing and China are a super power.

In Europe for some time now there’s been the rise of the Far right. Countries like Germany, Slovakia, Austria and even the UK. Most of these people have always hated blacks but now they have a platform and are “legitimised” by Politicians who share their views and the internet that gives them a platform. My heart bleeds when I see what Blacks go through in Europe, America, China and South Africa.
But I get angry when I see what we go through in countries like India and the Arabic world. Our people are beaten, harassed, treated like sub human.
How did it get this way? Who is to blame? Why are we seen as undesirables?
I am aware some of our people go abroad and commit crimes. There are local laws to deal with them and deport them. It should be unacceptable for private citizens to beat up and subject our citizens to some of the things they do.
Look at how Chinese citizens in NIGERIA treat our people in their own country.

I had a conversation with my parents in Nigeria a few years ago about their Electric bill which arrives steadily but they don’t see electricity. The Meter they were promised and paid for years ago hasn’t arrived.
I asked them “ Why do you bother paying the bills? You don’t see electricity and you pay bills, Why?”
This I believe is part of the problem with Nigeria. We blame Politicians but forget we put them there. We complain we have no Light and yet we pay the bills we are given.
What does it take for Nigerians to wake up.

When will Nigerian’s get angry enough to demand change? We accept Politicians commissioning toilets as a big deal. They build a road and we clap profusely. Why do we set our sights so low?
Our Politicians are ALL corrupt. All of them.
Build no hospitals as they can access health facilities abroad. Maintain no schools as they can send their children abroad. Create next to no meaningful jobs as they don’t need to, they ‘earn’ a ridiculously high wage. Yet we continue to vote these imbeciles in because they make promises and distribute rice and garri.

Our focus is on which tribe will get to be president. Not who is the most competent.
None of the candidates are competent.
Even here there’s tribalism on every other post and yet we complain when other nations discriminate against us when we are experts at it ourselves.

How do we reverse the image we have across the world?

Nigerians continue to want to flee.. Not all can run away, atleast not legally. Some cross by boat and they’re plastered all over the internet and news outlets which continues to fuel a rise in hatred for those who arrived legally years or even decades ago.
49% of British people polled recently said they had no sympathy for those arriving by boats and even expressed views ranging from ‘Shoot the boats and sink them’ to ‘create a detention camp overseas and keep them all there’.

That Green passport we have is genuinely useless. Even in Africa.
Re: How Do We Solve The Problem That Is Nigeria? by ajailer(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
1) Our major problem is our attitude to life. We are just too carefree. Remember it's not what people do to you that matters but how you react to it. Leadership is not the problem but the followers that are allowing them to misbehave.

2) Empathy is needed in Nigeria but nobody cares about the other person's well being as long they can flaunt their riches, which makes them feel they are better than the other person. I believe it's on the church to mold our views towards life but the church is not doing enough, otherwise we won't be this unloving towards each other. Look at the great countries of today and trace their history, you will discover that the church did alot of work in molding the minds of their populace towards having a Godly view. Where there is no God, evil will reign and Nigeria's situation is no different with so many bloodletting. I believe if the CAN will take up the issue and mandate Pentecostal churches to preach about "LOVE" alone and not their usual prosperity,healing etc preachings for a whole year, things will change.
Re: How Do We Solve The Problem That Is Nigeria? by chukemmang(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nigeria's problem is plain and simple. Nigeria is a blessed nation with resources but cursed with the people on the land.

Everybody in Nigeria is corrupt or indifferent to corruption.

The death penalty must be put in place for past corrupt leaders and present one's. Going forward, all corrupt practices must be met with the death penalty.

The generation unborn are the incorruptible Nigerians. We must use the death penalty to uproot the weed that has crippled Nigeria for a long time and pave way for the new unborn incorruptible Nigerians.

When Nigerians get it in their thick skull that corruption means their last days on this earth, they will surely have a rethink and do things right.

Corruption can no longer be dealt with kid gloves. It has killed Nigeria.

Jerry Rawlings of Ghana doesn't have two heads.

(1) (Reply)

Free Tutorial On How I Was Able To Make $870 From Two Weeks Of Blogging / Breaking: Mali President, Prime Minister Arrested By Mutinying Soldiers / Free Career Development & Employment Opportunities For Youth Across Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.