Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager (564 Views)

Tottenham Sacks Mauricio Pochetinno / Mauricio Sarri Tells Victor Moses He Is Not In His Plans, Free To Leave Chelsea / Arsenal Set To Appoint Mikel Arteta As New Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by KOKSNATION: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
After their shambolic performance that led to the huge defeat from German side FC Bayern Munchen in the quarter finals of the UCL, the Catalan club has identified former Tottenham boss and Espanyol Player as a successor to manage the side if Setien discontinues. According to Sique Rodrigues, an in-house journalist in Barcelona, Pochetinno has had dinner with the Barca President earlier this week and the former Tottenham boss is currently in Barcelona looking for an apartment.

The President Josep Maria Bartomeu made it clear in his post match presser that changes will begin in the club as soon as possible, part of the change is the immediate sack of club Sporting Director, Eric Abidal.

It is rumored that Setien will get the stick in the coming hours after a show of shame in his decisions that led to the disastrous elimination of the club from the UCL in Portugal.

Read more at: https://koksnation..com/2020/08/barcelona-set-to-appoint-former.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by paulolee(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
naim go coach second leg?? jus joking oo..
all i see about this move as just a way of getting over that bayern humiliation and i pray poch accepts and brings a different philosophy to that weak and too predictable barca..
he had roots with barca rivals espanyol and even played with them and it would be a tough nut to crack for barca to convince and get him but all man have his price..
i remember a coach once said " if barca needs me and tries calling me, it wont ring twice"
its a dream of all coaches to manage one of the big guns in the world that have the best player in it..
Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by Commentor: 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good.

But they need to adopt the Bayern model:

Get the best spanish players, promote only those that have become world class and purchase big hitters when need be.
Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by espn(m): 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
paulolee:
naim go coach second leg??
Which second leg?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by swiz123(m): 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
God will finally shame Barcelona if they hire a manager who once said that he can never coach Barça because of his ties to Espanyol. Although Poch recently tried to reconstruct his words, but it came off as anything other than damage control.

With that said, Barça should be looking to throw Bartomeu's personal effects downstairs today. Appointing a new chairman should be their biggest concern now.

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by KOKSNATION: 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
I mentioned the journalist who reported this sir.
swiz123:
you didn't attach the source of your news
Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by judedwriter(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
It will take time for pochetino to rebuild like he did at tottenham.. . he ain't no magician.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by STARGREEN(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
paulolee:
naim go coach second leg??

Lol. Which 2nd leg?
Haven't you heard that even thou there's no send leg yet Bayern team still cut Barca legs?

Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by STARGREEN(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
judedwriter:
It will take time for pochetino to rebuild like he did at tottenham.. . he ain't no magician.

I don't even see him as a good replacement both in short term and long term.
The philosophy of Barca is different from his and the high demand to deliver will make him take try and error approach to win games.
Meanwhile a new chairman should be the most priority as this man has run out of ideas and seems not absolute control.
Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by ominilongest(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
Do U want to know what thinking
If pep, IF pep win d champions league
He's going to Barca!
Re: Barcelona Set To Appoint Mauricio Pochetinno As New Manager by SPORTMINISTER: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
TOP TEN FASTEST FOOTBALLERS IN 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmkH5TYK5o

(1) (Reply)

After Neymar's Tears, PSG Will Hope Champions League Final Was No One-off / Free Bet9ja Booking Code For Today 16 November 2020 / See The Highest Paid Premier League Players - No1 Will Shock You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.