Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth (1410 Views)

32 Different Organic Herbs Medication Used To Treat Poultry Disease For Broilers / AUTOMATED POULTRY FARMING FOR BROILERS (MEAT PRODUCTION) / Donnay Growth Booster For Broilers, Turkeys, Pigs, Ruminants And Fishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth by Danbukason(m): 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
Greetings to you all.
Please about 8 of my broilers bird are breathing through their mouth instead of their nose. Hence their mouth are always open.
Please what could be the cause and how can I manage such situation.
Re: Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth by Danbukason(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Here are pictures of the birds

Re: Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 17, 2020
Use tylocin(Tylodox)..Also check if there's 2much heat in d pen..
Re: Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth by bigiyaro(m): 2:51am On Aug 17, 2020
lolzzz, birds and dogs do this to regulate their body temperature especially if the temperature is too high, you should check if your birds are making sounds as if they are gargling water or snoring, if yes do as the poster above me said. good luck.

1 Like

Re: Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth by Danbukason(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
DjRicky:
Use tylocin(Tylodox)..Also check if there's 2much heat in d pen..

Thank you @ DjRisky
Re: Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth by Danbukason(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
bigiyaro:
lolzzz, birds and dogs do this to regulate their body temperature especially if the temperature is too high, you should check if your birds are making sounds as if they are gargling water or snoring, if yes do as the poster above me said. good luck.

Thank you@ bigiyaro
Re: Cause And Cure For Broilers Breathing Through Their Mouth by chukskafor(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
Danbukason:
Greetings to you all.
Please about 8 of my broilers bird are breathing through their mouth instead of their nose. Hence their mouth are always open.
It is due to depletion of oxygen in your cage...the cage pattern is not suitable for broilers breeding, especially this hot season
DjRicky:
Use tylocin(Tylodox)..Also check if there's 2much heat in d pen..Don't adminsister antibuotics pls, just give multivitamin and do something about your cage structure because the air that the birds breathe out does not go away from the cage but keeps revolving inside, which is not healthy for them
Danbukason:
Greetings to you all.
It is due to depletion of oxygen in your cage...the cage pattern is not suitable for broilers breeding, especially this hot season

(1) (Reply)

What Farming Is Not !!! / #GEJAchievements In Agriculture Part 1 / KFC, Eateries And The Lack Of Chips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.