Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:05 PM

Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m (883 Views)

Native Doctor Arrests/handcuffs Man With Bees In Uganda For Stealing / Two Men Arrested For Being In Possession Of A Severed Human Head In Abuja / Ike Ekweremadu And Wife, Beatrice Charged In UK Court For Organ Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by trutharena: 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
A Nigerian man who was arrested in Uganda after allegedly being in possession of 320grammes of cocaine valued at sh244.4m (N905m), has been charged and remanded in prison.

37-year-old Madu Chima was arrested alongside one Ibanda Abubakali, 31, a security guard attached to Pinnacle Security Limited.

Appearing before Grade One Magistrate Abert Asiimwe, the duo pleaded not guilty to charges of acquiring prohibited goods, trafficking in a narcotic drug or psychotropic substance, and importing prohibited goods. They also face charges of conspiracy to contravene a provision of the East African Community Customs Management Act and attempting to contravene a provision of the Narcotic Drugs Act.

According to the Act, any person who commits the offence is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to a fine equal to fifty percent of the dutiable value of the goods involved, or both.

Court heard that on August 6, 2020, at Makindye in Kampala, Madu Chima received a cocaine package from Ibanda Abubakali that was shipped by DHL Airway bill HAWB 2154260544 from Columbia via the United States of America, which package he knew or ought to have reasonably known to be prohibited.'

The two were arrested after Ibanda received a call from DHL to pick the consignment. According to court document, when Ibanda got to the DHL office, he didn't have the tracking number and had to get it from his friend 'John' who in this case is Madu Chima. As Ibanda was handing over the consignment to Chima, the pair were arrested.

During police interrogation, the duo denied knowledge of the content they received, but Chima admitted that the package was for his Nigerian friend, one Ozo, who failed to come for it due to COVID-19 restrictions.

Chima, according to the charge sheet, is a businessperson and a resident of Salama road, Makindye Division in Kampala. He got to know Ibanda from the Post Office, where he works as a security guard.

State Prosecutor Stuart Aheebwa, attached to Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) informed the court that investigations in the matter are incomplete and asked the court to adjourn the case.

"I pray for a long adjournment to allow police to complete investigations," he requested. According to him, he would use that time to acquire a report that will be used to pin the accused of the crime during the hearing of the case.

This prompted the magistrate to remand the accused and advised him to get sureties of Ugandan nationals in a bid to get bail. The case was adjourned to August 25, 2020.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/8/nigerian-man-charged-in-uganda-after-allegedly-being-in-possession-of-cocaine-valued-at-n905-million-photos.html

CC: Mynd44 OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by Salewa97: 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
Yeepa!
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by trutharena: 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
hisgrace090:
Did anyone noticed that drug related cases is reducing this days unlike before?

They should thank God for not being caught in Asia.

I think that is because most countries are now aware of these drug guys and how their network operate.

I am also suspecting that Nigeria media are purposely not giving it much coverage anymore and they are somehow trying to suppress the drug related news coz it is tarnishing Nigeria image.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by hisgrace090: 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
Did anyone noticed that drug related cases is reducing this days unlike before?

They should thank God for not being caught in Asia.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by IvarTheBoneless: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2020
angry

Access denied to NCAN.
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by Hamilton1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
His Real name is Olanike Olaniyi Lamotu,
Am nt surprised
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by NaMeAboki: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
As usual.

Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by ERockson: 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Developing things
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by sammysneh(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
When they still xenophobia we will be crying foul
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 17, 2020
Development on the Fast track
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by noleflendum: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2020
Too bad
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2020
Trutharena my man.
Anything Igbo gives you the hardest erection.
I'll take you serious, any day you created a thread for the portraying of the Igbos in good light.
Things I've noticed about you.
-you don't post anything at the detriment of the Yorubas i.e anything that will portray the Yorubas in bad light is a no no for you.
-you're quick to create a thread as far as the Igbos are on the shaming side or losing side.
I'm not hating on you but keep it up �

My 4 cent though.
Re: Nigerian Man Charged In Uganda For Being In Possession Of Cocaine Valued At 905m by IvarTheBoneless: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2020
why are MODs hiding such a post?

Seun, is it true that some MoDs might be tribalistic?

I heard that rumour, just asking for a friend.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Murdered In Kaiama For Money Ritual / Waec Ran Away With Our Money After Working For Them As A Checker / My Little Conversation With BABY SCAMMER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.