Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Lagos-ibadan Railway: There's Nothing Wrong In Borrowing- Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-ibadan Railway: There's Nothing Wrong In Borrowing- Lai Mohammed (189 Views)

There Is Nothing Wrong In Eating Agbado And Cassava / At Last, Lagos-Ibadan Railway Comes Alive - Photos / Lagos Ibadan Railway. Amaechi On A Train Ride To Abeokuta On New Coaches. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-ibadan Railway: There's Nothing Wrong In Borrowing- Lai Mohammed by Asphericnews: 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
Skeletal services on Lagos-Ibadan railway to begin September - MD, NRC

The Honourable Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has justified the Federal Government's decision to build major infrastructure projects in the country with borrowed funds.

Meanwhile, the Managing
Director, Nigerian Railway Cooperation, Engr. Fidet Ohiria has hinted that the Lagos-Ibadan Railway will begin skeletal services in September. "We'll begin skeletal activities on the Lagos-Ibadan railway project in the middle of September from Yaba to Ibadan, while the finishing constructions continue.

The Information Minister and MD, NRC made these statements, Saturday, while embarking on an inspection tour of the Lagos-Ibadan Railway project, alongside the Honourable Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

Speaking to Pressmen at the Ibadan Station, Lai Mohammed said, "There's no better way to answer Nigerians about the monies we've borrowed than this trip. We've seen first-hand the railtrack, the stations and the people that are working. This is a project that will outlast virtually all of us."

The Minister urged journalists, to be the ones educating Nigerians on the wisdom in taking loans to build the nation's infrastructure.

"We didn't borrow money for services or for overhead expenditures. We borrowed money for capital projects- Railways, roads, power and other infrastructure. This is one of the series of inspections this administration will make along with you, so you can better enlighten Nigerians that there is nothing bad in borrowing, provided that loan will be invested in infrastructure. There is nothing bad in borrowing as long that loan is going to create jobs and an enabling environment," he said.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed further noted that the Coaches for the Lagos-Ibadan Railway, could compete with those found anywhere else in the world. He commended the Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, for his passion in delivering rail infrastructure to Nigerians.

"I'm very excited not because I'm the Minister of Information, but when I got into the train this morning, it was as clean and modern as anywhere else in the world. I was also quite impressed with the passion of the Honourable Minister of Transportation.

"At every point in time, he's pushing the contractors, telling them he can't wait till November, because he wants to deliver to Nigerians, infrastructure. You can also feel the passion and enthusiasm of Nigerians at every station we stopped. I'll leave the story to you to tell Nigerians. I'm impressed and I hope that you will come back here for the commissioning of the stations and the entire Lagos-Ibadan Railway project," Alhaji Lai Mohammed said.

Meanwhile, the Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Cooperation, Engr. Fidet Okhiria has hinted that the Lagos-Ibadan Railway will begin skeletal services in September. "We'll begin skeletal activities on the Lagos-Ibadan railway project in the middle of September from Yaba to Ibadan, while the finishing constructions continue. We already have 24 coaches and with that, we're sure of making 16 round trips a day." Engr. Okhria said.

See Photos of Lai Mohammed inspecting Lagos-Ibadan Railway

https://asphericnews.com/2020/08/15/photonews-amaechi-lai-mohammed-inspects-new-apapa-dockyard/

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway: There's Nothing Wrong In Borrowing- Lai Mohammed by SLAP44: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nothing wrong with it, Amaechi will ensure that our Niger Delta oil money will be used to repay the loans.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway: There's Nothing Wrong In Borrowing- Lai Mohammed by BlowYourMind: 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lie Muhammad have spoken
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway: There's Nothing Wrong In Borrowing- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mr Lie

(1) (Reply)

So Touching!! Delta Councilor, Agofure, Feeds People In 3 Lgas For 4 Days / Viral Video Of “arrest”: PDP Urges World Powers To Intervene / Two Department Of State Security(dss) Members Were Killed From IPOB Attack.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.