Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,403 members, 7,836,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! (2895 Views)

Heavy Protest Rocks Abuja Over State Of The Nation (photos) / Fresh Protest Rocks Osogbo Over Unpaid Salaries / How Buhari Turned From Anti Obasanjo To Pro Obasanjo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by wales(m): 6:32am On Feb 16, 2011
A faction of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ogun State on Tuesday embarked on a protest against former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The PDP’s faction, believed to be loyal to Governor Gbenga Daniel, accused Obasanjo of injustice and high handedness.

The group also vowed to embark on a prolong fasting and prayer against what it described as an alleged injustice being perpetrated in the state.

Party supporters drawn from all the 20 local government areas in the state had converged at the faction’s secretariat as early as 8am and from there, proceeded to major streets in Abeokuta.

The development that let to heavy traffic across the metropolis, with commuters stranded at bus stops for several hours

The protesters moved round the major streets of Abeokuta with different placards with inscriptions such as “OBJ Going! Going! Gone,” “Judiciary, enough of kangaroo injunctions,” “Ogun PDP says no to OBJ,” and “OGD is our leader in Ogun”.

The group also criticised the non-acceptance of the list of the PDP’s primaries submitted by the faction to the Independent National Electoral Commission and denied it alleged plan to defect to another party just vowed to remain in the PDP.

The PDP’s State Chairman, Mr. Joju Fadairo, while speaking at the rally, described the crisis rocking the party as temporary, assuring the faithful that the party would rise above the present challenges.

He said he was optimistic about various court injunctions and expressed the hope that the position of the group would soon be validated by the courts.

He said, “Our coming here today is to tell them that we have not left the party, we are still in this party. I assure you we shall conquer all odds because we are the owner of the PDP. We are not going anywhere.”

The PDP governorship candidate of the faction, Mr. Gboyega Isiaka, who also spoke at the rally, expressed hope in the judiciary and insisted that he would not give up the struggle.

He said, “I want to assure you that the mandate you gave me on January 9, 2011 is still sure. We are still going to conquer. We will commit everything we have on this struggle but there shall be no violence. Justice is on our side. We have respected them enough, though justice may be delayed but cannot be denied.”

Meanwhile, a group, the Coalition of Oodua Self Determination Group, has blamed Obasanjo for the recent comment by President Goodluck Jonathan that the South-West should not be left in the hands of ‘rascals’

Though the President had said on Monday that he was quoted out of context, the group said the comment was the outcome of how Obasanjo presented his kinsmen to him.

In a statement by its President and General Secretary, Dayo Ogunlana and Razaq Oloko-Oba respectively, on Tuesday, COSEG said the “President Jonathan echoed what Obasanjo whispered into his ears.”

The group added that it would be out of place for Jonathan to refer to Yoruba leaders and elders as ‘rascals’ in the presence of Obasanjo, “if he has not been dragging the reputation of our leaders in the mud in the presence of Jonathan.”

But the group expressed satisfaction in the way the South-West governors described as rascals were turning around the fortunes of their people, saying that “if a governor like Babatunde Fashola, who has been adjudged worldwide as a born performer is a ‘rascal’, then we need more ‘rascals’ like him in the country to turn it around.”

COSEG said an elderly person of Obasanjo’s status was expected to mentor the younger ones like Jonathan to mind their language when referring to a geo-political zone.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102164112542
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by wales(m): 6:33am On Feb 16, 2011
What are these people doing? They can’t continue to blame Obasanjo for everything that goes wrong in Nigeria. Did the goat abort, blame it on Obasanjo. Did Atiku lose badly, blame it on Obasanjo. Did a Fulani steal a cow, blame it on Obasanjo. Did Guyman Ohakim fail to perform blame it on Obasanjo. Obasanjo is not Ogun governor, he doesn’t dictate for any politician, so why use him as a scape goat for any thing that goes wrong in the land?
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by favouredjb(f): 6:54am On Feb 16, 2011
I don't support people blaming obj for everytin,but the case in ogun is different

baba has hijacked the party structure
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2011
wales:

A faction of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ogun State on Tuesday embarked on a protest against former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The PDP’s faction, believed to be loyal to Governor Gbenga Daniel, accused Obasanjo of injustice and high handedness.

The group also vowed to embark on a prolong fasting and prayer against what it described as an alleged injustice being perpetrated in the state.

Party supporters drawn from all the 20 local government areas in the state had converged at the faction’s secretariat as early as 8am and from there, proceeded to major streets in Abeokuta.

The development that let to heavy traffic across the metropolis, with commuters stranded at bus stops for several hours

The protesters moved round the major streets of Abeokuta with different placards with inscriptions such as “OBJ Going! Going! Gone,” “Judiciary, enough of kangaroo injunctions,” “Ogun PDP says no to OBJ,” and “OGD is our leader in Ogun”.

[s]The group also criticised the non-acceptance of the list of the PDP’s primaries submitted by the faction to the Independent National Electoral Commission and denied it alleged plan to defect to another party just vowed to remain in the PDP.
[/s]

The PDP’s State Chairman, Mr. Joju Fadairo, while speaking at the rally, described the crisis rocking the party as temporary, assuring the faithful that the party would rise above the present challenges.

He said he was optimistic about various court injunctions and expressed the hope that the position of the group would soon be validated by the courts.

He said, “Our coming here today is to tell them that we have not left the party, we are still in this party. I assure you we shall conquer all odds because we are the owner of the PDP. We are not going anywhere.”

The PDP governorship candidate of the faction, Mr. Gboyega Isiaka, who also spoke at the rally, expressed hope in the judiciary and insisted that he would not give up the struggle.

He said, “I want to assure you that the mandate you gave me on January 9, 2011 is still sure. We are still going to conquer. We will commit everything we have on this struggle but there shall be no violence. Justice is on our side. We have respected them enough, though justice may be delayed but cannot be denied.”

Meanwhile, a group, the Coalition of Oodua Self Determination Group, has blamed Obasanjo for the recent comment by President Goodluck Jonathan that the South-West should not be left in the hands of ‘rascals’

Though the President had said on Monday that he was quoted out of context, the group said the comment was the outcome of how Obasanjo presented his kinsmen to him.

In a statement by its President and General Secretary, Dayo Ogunlana and Razaq Oloko-Oba respectively, on Tuesday, COSEG said the “President Jonathan echoed what Obasanjo whispered into his ears.”

The group added that it would be out of place for Jonathan to refer to Yoruba leaders and elders as ‘rascals’ in the presence of Obasanjo, “if he has not been dragging the reputation of our leaders in the mud in the presence of Jonathan.”

But the group expressed satisfaction in the way the South-West governors described as rascals were turning around the fortunes of their people, saying that “if a governor like Babatunde Fashola, who has been adjudged worldwide as a born performer is a ‘rascal’, then we need more ‘rascals’ like him in the country to turn it around.”

COSEG said an elderly person of Obasanjo’s status was expected to mentor the younger ones like Jonathan to mind their language when referring to a geo-political zone.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102164112542
Baba don frustrated their lives. . .i dey laugh o .Anyways,what has Gbenga done to better the lives of ogun state indigenes if not to drive the state into poverty ? How is he better than obj ? Rubbish
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by tkb417(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
these are paid thieves protesting

they didnt protest when OGD and his killer squad were killing ehn

now they are protesting cos God don catch dem

animals

prison await all of u
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by lovejo(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
I dey laugh in biafran.
They forget that OBJ is the BOT chairman, ti omode ba ni aso bi agaba, ko le ni akisa bi agba.
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by Bukittes(f): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2011
Na today? lol!!! I dey laugh o! Omode o'mo ogun o npe lefo!
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by otokx(m): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
Let them sort themselves out.
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by delimit(m): 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
Obj is trying  to prove to OGD that the state belong to him as chairman of PDP BOT.
Remember what Fayose call Obj sometimes ago-[b]father of vagabond,[/b]he has sell Yoruba to PDP and Jonathan so what Jonathan like he can call Yoruba's(south west) no apology
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by omo9ja1(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
these are sign of the losers, they why are they blaming OBJ, they should know that PDP in Ogun don finish
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
lovejo:

I dey laugh in biafran.
They forget that OBJ is the BOT chairman, ti omode ba ni aso bi agaba, ko le ni akisa bi agba.

The idiott forgot that ''bi oba kan o baku,a kin fi oba mi je''
tkb417:

these are paid thieves protesting

they didnt protest when OGD and his killer squad were killing ehn

now they are protesting cos God don catch dem

animals

prison await all of u
It's cheap to mobilize crowd in Nigeria.It costs just #500 at the grassroot level.Daniel is just scared of ending up in kirikiri cuz EFCC is investigating him.
Oloshi
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
Oloriburuku protesters and Governor,y blame all your shortfallins on obj
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by EzeUche2(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2011
It must be hard for OBJ to be hated, by people from his own hometown. Instead of being treated like a "Native Son," he only gets ridicule. Well it serves him right. The man squandered his 8 years as president.
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by foyeks2001(f): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2011
wales:

What are these people doing? They can’t continue to blame Obasanjo for everything that goes wrong in Nigeria. Did the goat abort, blame it on Obasanjo. Did Atiku lose badly, blame it on Obasanjo. Did a Fulani steal a cow, blame it on Obasanjo. Did Guyman Ohakim fail to perform blame it on Obasanjo. Obasanjo is not Ogun governor, he doesn’t dictate for any politician, so why use him as a scape goat for any thing that goes wrong in the land?

old information, he said all that while he was in government, so its no news again huh
he's the architect of this issue on ground
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by alldone(m): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2011
He has been the godfather since so daniel cant come now to detrone him. Assiwaju detrone those before him in Lagos and by God's grae he will be detrone as the godfather in Lagos
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by 1025: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2011

@wales,
sometimes u need to get information on issues before u open ur gultters.
a pdp primary election was held in ogun and the result produced names that were submitted to inec only to be replaced without explainations.
in ogun, non of the ppl on pdp lists participated in a primary election rather they are all obj's anointed candidates. is that why we are spending N87b plus N6.6b to organise or disorganise elections?
what crime is bigger than denying ppl their rights to vote and be voted for?
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2011
Isnt the PDP an icon of internal demon-cracy?
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by adeibi: 12:44am On Feb 17, 2011
Whether olurin is old or not all I know is that he's farrrrrr better than that heartless and wicked soul that calls himself OGD. He sold all the legacies of Ogun State using the products to enrich himself.
History will judge him, he's the one that wants to impose a governor on Ogun state to cover up his shame and mishaps and to continue from where he stopped. Does he think we are fools or can be brain washed? God will not allow that. OGD your end has come you better accept defeat and stop wasting whatever money you have left hiring protesters.

1025:

@wales,
sometimes u need to get information on issues before u open your gultters.
a pdp primary election was held in ogun and the result produced names that were submitted to inec only to be replaced without explainations.
in ogun, non of the ppl on pdp lists participated in a primary election rather they are all obj's anointed candidates. is that why we are spending N87b plus N6.6b to organise or disorganise elections?
what crime is bigger than denying ppl their rights to vote and be voted for?

what are you saying? definitely you must be OGD himself trying to look for unfounded excuses to cover up your shame!

'The group also vowed to embark on a prolong fasting and prayer '
Na wa o even cultists go on fasting and praying, what is this world turning into?
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by Pafuri(m): 2:28am On Feb 17, 2011
All me I know be say after governor, na prisoner. Gbenga Daniel don already get prisoner numba and prison uniform. I dey laugh for Ijebu. grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by babaowo: 8:28am On Feb 17, 2011
ogun state governmment is d worst ever,but time will tell
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by stormm: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2011
Pafuri:

All me I know be say after governor, na prisoner. Gbenga Daniel don already get prisoner numba and prison uniform. I dey laugh for Ijebu. grin grin grin grin

I'm patiently waiting and praying for this
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by Kobojunkie: 9:35am On Feb 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Isnt the PDP an icon of internal demon-cracy?

In what universe? shocked shocked
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by richcode: 10:27am On Feb 17, 2011
eboraa owu ogun ti poju,na u spoil Nigeria God go hammer uu ,everybody they fear am dis baba na deity,everybody be careful
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by ideylaff: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2011
All me I know be say after governor, na prisoner. Gbenga Daniel don already get prisoner numba and prison uniform. I dey laugh for Ijebu.

AMEN AMEN AND AMEN. 4RM OGIDI OMO TO OGIDI EWON
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by tlops(m): 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2011
ideylaff:

[color=#990000][/color]

ki lo de?
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by Longlife01(m): 2:02am On Feb 18, 2011
pdp don fail for ogun - den go loose this election for ogun!!
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by ideylaff: 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2011
ki lo de?

Fila Cowboy wink
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by ade101(m): 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
Can OGD do prison break for kirikiri,
My advise is that he should tatoo the blueprint of all the prisons in 9ja on his back.
Thank God,there is no 'correctional facility' but kirikiri in 9ja.
Re: Anti-obasanjo Protest Rocks Abeokuta ! by precision7: 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2011
'The group also vowed to embark on a prolong fasting and prayer 'Na wa o even cultists go on fasting and praying, what is this world turning into?

I wonder oooo, infact God don get patience now, 4 say na d God of Elijah time, dem for don hear am. Well sha, they are just rehearsing d fast wey dem go fast 4 kirikiri.

Pafuri:All me I know be say after governor, na prisoner. Gbenga Daniel don already get prisoner numba and prison uniform. I dey laugh for Ijebu

Confirm!

Not bad, as far as d Ogidi is there, it's okay by him.

(1) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu In His His Water Sport Vehicle – Earned From ABIA Treassury. / Anambra Gets $2.5Billion 1500mw Power Plant / Similarity With National Assembly, Aso Rock And Others With Mosques Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.