Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? (418 Views)

Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album / Grammy: Burna Boy Reacts As “Twice As Tall” Album Gets Nomination / Burna Boy’s "Twice As Tall" Album Launched In London (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? by naijapop: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Burna boy had cracked the international market and the Grammys no longer seemed a tall order. What better way to move than have Diddy co-produce this album.
This project promised to be a taller Burna boy going all out for the kill but what quite sadly, what we see on Twice As Tall is an artiste that wipes the smirk off our faces. At perhaps the most crucial point in his career, Burna Boy simply didn’t turn up.
You know OluwaBurna being out of sorts is an understatement when his most vital attribute is glaringly missing-structured composition.
His ability to make every detail come together so well is what has always stood him out from the rest and that quality is largely missing here as quite a number of songs that could have been greatly turned out stop-start experiences.
The opening and album title track “ Level Up ” with Senegalese legend, Youssou N’dour best exemplifies Burna’s creative waywardness. There was a total lack of synergy between the dour instrumental, Burna boy’s lifeless vocals and N’dour’s soulful rendition.
Alarm Clock badly needed some dexterity in the vocal display to spread the sauce to parts other than the ‘This Early Morning’ chorus and ensure a balance with the heavy instrumentation.
Alarm Clock and 23 were two attempts at re-enacting the Ye global magic and while Alarm Clock has a repetitive catchiness amidst regressing factors, 23 is a pleasant vibe with no real cutting edge.
Different off the African Giant album featuring Angelique Kidjo and Damien Marley was a fabulous socio-conscious effort i believe deserves special praise and Burna goes that route again on Monsters You Made with perhaps a more thought-provoking content. Monsters You Made is quite easily one of the good songs of this album that had the potential to be much more.
Coldplay’s Chris Paul sets you on a high with a mesmerizing chorus and then Burna jumps at it with a great delivery but then by the time he steps in for the second verse with the very same delivery, the monotonic feel ensures you don’t get higher than you already are.
Without an Angelique Kidjo and Damien Marley to fuse width,

READ MORE: https://youngi.ml/2020/08/16/album-review-burna-boys-twice-as-tall-album-is-a-disappointment-do-you-agree/

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? by thesicilian: 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
I don't know what you're talking about. I've been jamming those songs at high volume since they came out.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? by NaijaDonCast(m): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
My pick is Bebo, Onyeka, wetin dey sup, others are overrated
Re: Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? by Kestolove(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
I no go talk anything Cox me I no Sabi sing but the album no try
Re: Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? by DaInferno(m): 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
... not as expected though
the previous albums happen to be better than this one
Re: Burna Boy’s “twice As Tall” Album Is A Disappointment – Do You Agree? by naijapop: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2020
Abeg read more post @ http://youngi.ml

(1) (Reply)

Latest Music: Small Baddo – Kilo Nsor / Guardian Angel - Atawale Lyrics / Timo Naira - Low Ft. Lil Trate & Simzy (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.