Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate (22720 Views)

Dr Wahab Adegbenro Burial Photos / Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Eyes SDP As PDP Aspirants Reject Automatic Ticket / Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Dumps APC, Joins PDP (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by Realadey(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
adenigga:

No, call him a political disaster to Ondo political terrain!!!

He will surely be floor and disgraced.

Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by nelskals(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
It's obvious that he will not will win the forthcoming election . Wasting resources that could be used to create employment.
Abeg house I am I searching for a job. Got experience. Kindly quote me .
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by Amdoyin(m): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
collum:
this is not a breaking news, the man is unnecessarily desperate. wish him luck
he isn't desperate, there is more to it... I think aketi, the incumbent tried to replace him which triggered his actions.. He his not ready to win but wants to divide the votes. My thought
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by jaxxy(m): 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
A traitor is always a traitor. He can not be trusted.
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by bakila: 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Emyzoloye5:
waste of time and resources

if only jegede swallowed his pride and accepted agboola-Iscariot as his running mate..they would have won but jegede refused
congrats to aketi in advance
Does Agboola want to be anyone's deputy?
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by bakila: 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
Amdoyin:
he isn't desperate, there is more to it... I think aketi, the incumbent tried to replace him which triggered his actions.. He his not ready to win but wants to divide the votes. My thought
He is dividing Aketi's votes. JEGEDE's votes are intact.

Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
This guy is looking for money.No doubt Adegbenro is the richest of all the commissioner under Mimiko.Only commissioner under Mimiko that can still afford such luxury unlike others who were used and dumped.But the deputy governor knew within himself that he is just joking.It is unfortunate that in all these moves,he is affecting PDP chances the more.PDP shouldn't have allowed him in the first instance.Anyway.October is at the corner.We shall see.
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by Superwave: 1:11am On Aug 17, 2020
He should have waited for PDP to ise him n grant him nothing in return ba ? I wonder how much PDP pay you to be foolish and senseless at the say time.
LibertyRep:
There must be a special reason for this man's desperation to become the governor of Ondo State.
Whilst it is his right to vie for any position he's qualified to, he should have calmed down after losing PDP's primary.

Porting to ZLP makes him too desperate.
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by PropertyBuying(f): 2:33am On Aug 17, 2020
Interesting development in Ondo state.
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by wink2015(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2020
The candidate of the Zenith Labour Party and Ondo State Deputy Governor, Mr Agboola Ajayi, has picked a former Commissioner for Works, Mr Gboye Adegbenro, as his running mate ahead of the October 10 governorshp election.

Adegbenro, an engineer, was a commissioner during the administration of Olusegun Mimiko.

It was gathered that the deputy governor and the leadership of the party agreed on Adegbenro during a meeting.

The former commissioner’s name was said to have been sent to the Independent National Electoral Commission in order to beat the final deadline of the commission on Tuesday

The state Chairman of the ZLP, Mr Joseph Akinlaja, confirmed the development on Sunday.

He said, “Yes we have picked a running mate his name is Gboye Adegbenro. He would be announce tomorrow (Monday).”

Ajayi, who formally announced his defection to the ZLP last Friday in Akure after he had resigned from both the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party, is expected to kick-start his governorshp campaign any moment from now.

https://punchng.com/breaking-ondo-deputy-governor-picks-mimikos-aide-adegbenro-as-running-mate/?amp=1

IF AGBOOLA WINS.

He will prove a point that Deputy are not A WORK OVER especially here in Nigeria where they are use as TEA BOY !
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by wwwkaycom(m): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2020
mkoabiola:

U nailed it.
D combination of Jegede and agboola would have be a work over for PDP.

But Jegede is scared of Agboola being over ambitious and which Wil gv him a tight race if he eventually win.
If I was Jegede I would have picked Agboola as my running mate and put him in his right place after attaining power
You got it right.
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:10am On Aug 17, 2020
mkoabiola:

U nailed it.
D combination of Jegede and agboola would have be a work over for PDP.

But Jegede is scared of Agboola being over ambitious and which Wil gv him a tight race if he eventually win.
If I was Jegede I would have picked Agboola as my running mate and put him in his right place after attaining power
Exactly, he should have focus on winning first before thinking of betrayer
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2020
bakila:
Does Agboola want to be anyone's deputy?

yeah ....but jegede isn't comfortable with the idea
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by collum(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2020
Amdoyin:

I agree with u totally bro. cheers
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by Meto1234(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2020
dheilaw1:
Agboola may come second leaving Eyitayo behind
For were
Re: Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate by Afolabistic: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
We are watching !

Cameron Praises Nigeria’s Anti-Corruption Fight / Again, APC Adjusts Primaries Timetable, Exempts Statutory Delegates / Wike: I Sponsored And Removed Secondus As PDP National Chairman