Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. (640 Views)

Osinachi: Autopsy Report Out, FCT Seeks Legal Advice / Jitender Maan 'Gogi' Killed In Court By Hitmen Disguised As Lawyers In India / EFCC Arraigns 2 Lawyers In Court For Stealing N188.7m From Dead Boss - SaharaRep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2020
Hello...

Please lawyers and legal officials in the house, I need your advice on this matter cos I'm about putting up a petition against the property I'm currently occupying because of some irrational decisions that seems to be infringing upon my right as a tax payer.

Now, ever since I move into that property, the light bill has always been shared according to the points each tenant is using. But this morning, I went to the notice board only to realize the bill was shared equally... As in uniformly, making my bill so outrageously high.

Now my pain is, I have very low points as I leave alone and not mostly around. But other tenants have higher points like times three of what I'm using. some have fridge and deep freezers with multiple bulbs in all their rooms which is what usually makes the bill high. So why should I be made to pay the same amount with them.

Another thing is that, the decision and agreement to change mode of sharing the bill was not unanimously done.
No consultation of any sort was carried out to seek the Tenant's opinion on the new development. The guy just singlehandedly changed the system and pasted it there. Which is very irrational.

Now, I'm thinking of taking the matter to federal ministry of justice cos I dont have the strength to create a scene and majority of the tenant find it cool and relieving as the burden of paying according to what they've used has been reduced. So there's no point calling a meeting with them to trash it.

What do you advise? Will FMJ be able to come into this matter And resolve it or should I drop it. Any hopes I'm going to win in this litigation?

Please advise, cos I feel cheated.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2020
Oga in the house over to you
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2020
Please guys.. I need urgent response so I'll know the next line of action. Its just so inhumane.

They are doing this cos they know that im a single lady. If I talk, the guys will want to overshadow me with their bazz voice. I no get strength o.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2020
Any idea the right authority to better handle matter? Please guys contribute and advise me on what to do.

Please!!!!
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by dangermouse(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Bro, i feel ur pain. U can only trash it out with the landlord or the caretaker.its obvious the rest of the tenants are ok with the sharing arrangement. When i had such experience long time ago, i simply asked them to disconnect my flat pending when they revert to using points as ur not always at home and make use of generator for the little time ur at home. Believe me they will reconsider after some months.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
dangermouse:
Bro, i feel ur pain. U can only trash it out with the landlord or the caretaker.its obvious the rest of the tenants are ok with the sharing arrangement. When i had such experience long time ago, i simply asked them to disconnect my flat pending when they revert to using points as ur not always at home and make use of generator for the little time ur at home. Believe me they will reconsider after some months.

I already WhatsApped the landlady and tried calling but she's not picking. So while waiting for her response, I said to seek advice here in case she fails to handle the matter.

Does it mean the court has no right to make them revert to the previous system?

Well.. I resolved that if I can't get help from the court, I'll apply for a personal prepaid meter.

Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by dangermouse(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Brachaa:

I already WhatsApped the landlady and tried calling but she's not picking. So while waiting for her response, I said to seek advice here in case she tails yo handle the matter.

Does it mean the court has no authority to make them revert to the previous system?

Well.. I resolved that if I can't get help from the court, I'll apply for a personal prepaid meter.

Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate.
Taking the matter to court is good, but it will take months, if not years to get a judgement. Couple with legal fees and time consumption.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
dangermouse:
Taking the matter to court is good, but it will take months, if not years to get a judgement. Couple with legal fees and time consumption.

Hmm... If I go through human rights, there wont be any fees. Though it may be stressful but I'm ready to go through it.

I just got through to the landlady now and she promised to come around this weekend cos she doesn't reside in Lagos.

That one is Margaret Tatcha. I know she'll fire all of them. but I still need a legal backing. Just in case.

Thanks bro. You've been so helpful. I appreciate once again.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by dangermouse(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
Brachaa:

Hmm... If I go through human rights, there wont be any fees. Though it may be stressful but I'm ready to go through it.

I just got through to the landlady now and she promised to come around this weekend cos she doesn't reside in Lagos.

That one is Margaret Tatcha. I know she'll fire all of them. but I still need a legal backing. Just in case.

Thanks bro. You've been so helpful. I appreciate once again.

All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
dangermouse:
All the best bro.

I'm a female though.

Thanks.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
Even if you're not in the legal field, help share if you've had such experience and how you were able to resolve it. And what is the appropriate authority to go to for such that is helpful.

Thanks.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
Meet D Person Dat Shared D Bill & Ask Him Why Urs Was High?
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by CanineOfJackal: 12:11am On Aug 24, 2020
Brachaa:
Even if you're not in the legal field, help share if you've had such experience and how you were able to resolve it. And what is the appropriate authority to go to for such that is helpful.

Thanks.
This matter hasn't gotten to the stage of involving courts or human rights.

Talk to the Landlady

Tell the other tenants you are not going to pay

Stand your ground

If any of them disconnect your light, get him arrested
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 24, 2020
CanineOfJackal:
This matter hasn't gotten to the stage of involving courts or human rights.

Talk to the Landlady

Tell the other tenants you are not going to pay

Stand your ground

If any of them disconnect your light, get him arrested

Hmm.. Honestly i don't want things to get rough so ive resolved to go to a mediation center to report the matter.

Secondly, I'm thinking of just paying only what I used. Like half the bill and forget about the rest. But I dont just want that method of sharing to continue. Confused now undecided

Thank you.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by CanineOfJackal: 1:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Brachaa:

Hmm.. Honestly i don't want things to get rough so ive resolved to go to a mediation center to report the matter.

Secondly, I'm thinking of just paying only what I used. Like half the bill and forget about the rest. But I dont just want that method of sharing to continue. Confused now undecided

Thank you.
Wait for your Landlady to talk on the matter before taking any actions

Don't be in a hurry to take actions
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 24, 2020
CanineOfJackal:
Wait for your Landlady to talk on the matter before taking any actions

Don't be in a hurry to take actions

She already talked but they told her a big lie. So i told her since she can't handle the matter, I'll have to do it my way. Once no body is owing her rent, whatever happens in that house she doesnt bother. Its obvious she's helpless in the matter.
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by gulfer: 7:22am On Aug 24, 2020
ADVICE- Talk to the chief tenant first; if he doesn't give you the right response, take it to the Landlord/agency of the house. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lawyers In The House Please I Need Your Input And Legal Advice On This Matter. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=gulfer post=93159984]ADVICE- Talk to the chief tenant first; if he doesn't give you the right response, take it to the Landlord/agency of the house. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

There's no chief tenant in the compound. And a few people have gone to ask the guy why he did what he did and the reasons he gave are very lame.

He's told them because the meter stopped reading. And this is a meter that has never worked since I moved in there a long time ago as a student; meanwhile the bill has been shared according to points. So no need going to him.

I think I'll go to the mediation center.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Soldier, 26 Others For Internet Fraud In Lagos / How Four Suspected Internet Fraudsters Died After Eating Eggs, Indomie / Thank you all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.