Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun (734 Views)

Soldiers Punish Men For Driving Too Close To Their Vehicle On Lagos-Ibadan Expre / Villagers Chase Away Soldiers,Burn Their Vehicle After Clash In Cross River. PIC / Customs Officers Attacked In Akwa Ibom, Their Vehicle Set On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by Honbright(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2020
Men of Osun Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun Corps on Thursday tortured a 32-year-old Animal Care Giver for allegedly taking the pictures of their vehicles, Insight Media has reported.

According to information gathered by Newsmen, the victim, identified as Babafemi Fabusuyi, was arrested at a public function at Ring Road in Osogbo by the Corps and he was beaten by the men on the spot before he was taking to their office located at Jaleoyemi area of the state capital.

Narrating what happened, Babafemi, who is a graduate of the Nigeria Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta told newsmen that he is still critically ill as a result of several wounds he sustained during the torture that last for over four hours.

He said his crime was “snapping the Amotekun vans at the event”, calling on well meaning Nigerians to ensure that he doesn’t suffer in vain.

Babafemi said, “what happened was that after closing for work, I went to meet a friend at WOCDIF event center. On getting there, I saw some Amotekun Corps and I took the picture of their vehicles. Next I heard was that some security men approached me and asked me to identify himself, which I did.

“At the place, they beat me so bad, used electric shock on me. I was later told that they are taking me to police station, only to be taken to their office at Jaleyemi.”

Babafemi added that on getting Amotekun Office, they checked him and found animal drugs on him with identity cards of the Man O’War and that of his school.

“I was beaten by the with Sanda (a leather material) by both the men and their Field Commander, Amitolu. I was later dropped at Olaiya junction at about 10:30 in the night. During this time, my phone was seized by the corps and it’s still with them.

“I was immediately rushed to hospital and I’m still receiving treatment.”

When contacted the Amotekun Field Commander, Amitolu Shittu said the Babafemi was arrested for pick pocketing at the event. He also alleged him of taking the pictures of the corps sometimes ago and publish same on Twitter.

“This is how some hoodlums ganged up to bring police down and they made sure that they silent police. Criminals are taking advantage of the absence of police. You’re calling me in respect of who? A pocket-picker? Or what what? boy who was arrested for pick-pocketing. What exactly you you saying?”, Amitolu queried newsmen.

When asked why the Babafemi was taken to the office for torture instead of police station as demanded by law, the former human rights activist said, “he was not tortured. He was only running and they pursued him. And if he thinks he has anything, let me go to the law court. Press house is not the best for him. Whatever any of my officers did, I’m responsible. He only tried to escape justice. That’s the reason why.” He said.

When asked if he used Shanda on Babafemi, he queried “have you seen me with such before? I don’t use it”

Source, More photos...https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/12/amotekun-corps-reportedly-assaults-man.html

Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by OBZCLOTHINGS(m): 8:20am On Dec 19, 2020
We do too much in this country cry
Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by Cubana03: 8:21am On Dec 19, 2020
Here we go again, small power they are starting to misbehave

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by Fantasticcc: 8:26am On Dec 19, 2020
Not surprised, ewedu people can't handle power...little Lagos is making them feel important in Nigeria,wait till we restructure this sh*thole, we will then know the real power ownes.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by Exc2000: 8:26am On Dec 19, 2020
Black man and craziness in uniform

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by tillaman(m): 8:31am On Dec 19, 2020
Let them keep it coming small time they will start searching people’s phones and all that type of crap our Policemen are famed for!!
Only time will tell if Amotekun has come to stay or not

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by ChangedMan1999(m): 9:24am On Dec 19, 2020
Just imagine if this thing happened in the East
Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by powerkey: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2020
Honbright:
Men of Osun Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun Corps on Thursday tortured a 32-year-old Animal Care Giver for allegedly taking the pictures of their vehicles, Insight Media has reported.

According to information gathered by Newsmen, the victim, identified as Babafemi Fabusuyi, was arrested at a public function at Ring Road in Osogbo by the Corps and he was beaten by the men on the spot before he was taking to their office located at Jaleoyemi area of the state capital.

Narrating what happened, Babafemi, who is a graduate of the Nigeria Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta told newsmen that he is still critically ill as a result of several wounds he sustained during the torture that last for over four hours.

He said his crime was “snapping the Amotekun vans at the event”, calling on well meaning Nigerians to ensure that he doesn’t suffer in vain.

Babafemi said, “what happened was that after closing for work, I went to meet a friend at WOCDIF event center. On getting there, I saw some Amotekun Corps and I took the picture of their vehicles. Next I heard was that some security men approached me and asked me to identify himself, which I did.

“At the place, they beat me so bad, used electric shock on me. I was later told that they are taking me to police station, only to be taken to their office at Jaleyemi.”

Babafemi added that on getting Amotekun Office, they checked him and found animal drugs on him with identity cards of the Man O’War and that of his school.

“I was beaten by the with Sanda (a leather material) by both the men and their Field Commander, Amitolu. I was later dropped at Olaiya junction at about 10:30 in the night. During this time, my phone was seized by the corps and it’s still with them.

“I was immediately rushed to hospital and I’m still receiving treatment.”

When contacted the Amotekun Field Commander, Amitolu Shittu said the Babafemi was arrested for pick pocketing at the event. He also alleged him of taking the pictures of the corps sometimes ago and publish same on Twitter.

“This is how some hoodlums ganged up to bring police down and they made sure that they silent police. Criminals are taking advantage of the absence of police. You’re calling me in respect of who? A pocket-picker? Or what what? boy who was arrested for pick-pocketing. What exactly you you saying?”, Amitolu queried newsmen.

When asked why the Babafemi was taken to the office for torture instead of police station as demanded by law, the former human rights activist said, “he was not tortured. He was only running and they pursued him. And if he thinks he has anything, let me go to the law court. Press house is not the best for him. Whatever any of my officers did, I’m responsible. He only tried to escape justice. That’s the reason why.” He said.

When asked if he used Shanda on Babafemi, he queried “have you seen me with such before? I don’t use it”

Source, More photos...https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/12/amotekun-corps-reportedly-assaults-man.html

Southwest terrorist network at it again terrorism law abiding citizens

FG should ban these terrorists asap
Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 19, 2020
grin
That didn't talk long.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by Mayng01(m): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
Already deviating. It’s obvious amotekun is guilty. I don’t believe their story, the man is innocent, just trying to frame him up. If they are not careful, end amotekun will soon flood the streets. Abuse of position. Shame
Re: Amotekun Corps Assaults Man For Taking Pictures Of Their Vehicle In Osun by babatunji36117: 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
Southwest terrorist network at it again terrorism law abiding citizensFG should ban these terrorists asap

(1) (Reply)

Three Men Arrested After Attempting To Use A Girl For Money Ritual In Edo State / Conflict In Imo As Seven Suya Traders Were Killed In Two Days / UNIABUJA Students Call Out Their Security, For Fixing CCTV In Female Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.