Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,575 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri (429 Views)

IGP Asks Supreme Court To Stay Judgment Nullifying Recruitment / APC Reacts To Judgment Nullifying Adeleke's Candidacy / Four Reasons Why Judgment Nullifying My Candidacy Won’t Stand — Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri by iwaeda: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
The Bayelsa State Governor, Mr Douye Diri, said he will appeal Monday’s ruling of the governorship election petition tribunal sitting in Abuja, which nullified his election.

Diri said he has, consequently, instructed his lawyers to file the necessary papers.

He spoke shortly after the tribunal ruled that the Independent National Electoral Commission wrongly excluded the Advanced Nigeria Democratic Party governorship candidate in the November 16, 2009 election.

Diri, in a statement by his acting Chief Press Secretary, Mr Daniel Alabrah, said he has implicit confidence in the judiciary that he would triumph in the end.

He said, “We trust in the judiciary and we are appealing the judgement. With God on our side, we will get justice.

“This is a court of first instance and I have instructed our lawyers to file an appeal. We have a right of appeal even up to the Supreme Court.”

The governor urged members of the Peoples Democratic Party and his supporters not to panic and to continue to remain calm and law-abiding.

https://punchng.com/breaking-ill-appeal-judgment-nullifying-bayelsa-election-diri/
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri by slivertongue: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
way to go
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri by Olami7777: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
APC strategy
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri by kahal29: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
How you appeal since you are not a party in the suit. The case is btw INEC and ANDP. It is INEC responsibility to appeal the case while you should be seeking to be joined in the suit since the case now affects you.
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri by ambu2: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
Before nko?
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri by AAA593: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
Go ahead

Re: BREAKING: I’ll Appeal Judgment Nullifying Bayelsa Election – Diri by iwaeda: 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lalasticlala can a lower court give order for what Supreme court has thrashed

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Wike Gifts 15 Land Cruiser Prado VX, TXL For Rivers’ Federal Lawmakers / Hear What Governor Umahi Said At The Reopening Ceremony Of Enugu Int'l Airport / DSS Quizzes Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage Over Political Utterances Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.