Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

My Parents Have Never Educated Me On Sex - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Have Never Educated Me On Sex (1829 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Parents Have Never Educated Me On Sex by frozen70(f): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hintona:
I'm almost 20 and my parents have never mentioned anything about sex to me, not even to tell me me about abstinence.

When I was in secondary school, I hear my friends discuss about the things their parents told them about sex, especially that infamous line grin "don't allow a boy to touch you, if not you'll get pregnant" grin , and I'll laugh with them but I could never relate. The only time my mum has even come close to telling me about sex was when our neighbour's daughter was raped, she told me I should be careful with boys and even if I wanted to have sex I should use a condom, I was quite surprised though.

Even my Dad who's more conservative have never even mentioned the word sex to my hearing before grin .

I wonder if they'll ever discuss it with me, or maybe it's too early, or are they shy or scared to approach the topic.

PS; I've asked my neighbour about it and she says the only time her parents tells her anything about sex is when they are quarrelling her and they'll be like "if you like go and get pregnant and come back to my house, I'll throw you out".

And I can't even broach the issue with them, there are some questions I would like to ask them about sex and I feel they are the only ones who can answer them.

I'm a bit worried.
There won't be any excuse for you to misbehave because your parents didn't talk to you about sex

Now you have the idea Google it and learn more
You have disciplined aunties and mum around you, go to them for advice

Some parents didn't establish the expected relationship needed for their children and this is where you find yourself in

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Childhood Was So Bad ...am Now Depressed / Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? / My Marriage Is Becoming Boring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.