Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus (4549 Views)

How Does This Phone Cost #1,000,000? / FG To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte / NCC To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte-danbatta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Alberta123: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2020
I can testify to this. India has one of the cheapest data in the world

India is a population of 1.3bn or so with stable electricity.

The operational cost which is low and highly competitive can be easily spread across billions of people and still be highly profitable.

2 Likes

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Vulcanheph(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
No wonder
No wonder wetin

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by philiancoop(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria is big too na. but monopoly dey here
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by jidxin(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2020
Imiete:
chai
Nigeria is cursed
you all dont get it, you cant convert Rupee directly to Naira, its better we use dollars. 5Naira is not the proper conversion value
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2020
Vulcanheph:

No wonder wetin
Lolx. Indians can't be sidelined in the IT community, most Nigerians even get to know one or two things from them. Now I see it's partly 'cause they have almost unlimited access to resources.

4 Likes

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by edoairways: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Kindly explain why the US, which is way better both in I.T and IoT, has a stronger currency got a more expensive data packages than India, an upcoming tech country then.
The environment of business in the USA isn't the same with India.

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Researchclue: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2020
EXCELLENT 'FOOD AND NUTRITION' PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS.

1.) THE ROLE OF NUTRITION IN THE WELL-BEING OF UNDERGRADUATES IN NIGERIA.
https://nairaproject.com/projects/645.html

ARTICLE....
THE UNWRITTEN RULES OF PHD RESEARCH
....read more here...www.researchclue.com

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by SUPERPACK: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2020
jidxin:
you all dont get it, you cant convert Rupee directly to Naira, its better we use dollars. 5Naira is not the proper conversion value
it is.
5 rupee = 0.067 United States Dollar.
$0.067 = #25.74
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by EmeraldKing7(m): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2020
Cost of production for ISPs in India and Nigeria are not the same

Also put in the lack of electricity and infrastructure in the country.Telecommunication companies here spend millions or even billions on disel everyday

The problem is directly proportional to the government not the ISP

2 Likes

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by SUPERPACK: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2020
EmeraldKing7:
Cost of production for ISPs in India and Nigeria are not the same

Also put in the lack of electricity and infrastructure in the country.Telecommunication companies here spend millions or even billions on disel everyday

The problem is directly proportional to the government not the ISP
What stops them from going solar like their India and Chinese counterpart? They prefer to be buying fuel at high cost. The lack of innovation over here is the cause.

2 Likes

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by rationalhuman(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2020
I can validate Data over is even cheaper then 5 naira per GB.
Depends Service providers and plans.

Yes that is extremely cheap 4G data. Because there are so many service provider and cutthroat competition, Customer is king over there

lordm:
so you believe any thing you read on the internet. Gullible people

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2020
1dik, it's a lie
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by lekxaid007(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2020
Goalnaldo:
chai and mtn will give me 2gig for #500 in 7 days. We are suffering and smiling in Nigeria.
Abeg what's the code to subscribe.
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by rationalhuman(m): 9:46am On Aug 18, 2020
Except Housing, Everything is extremely affordable over there, Thanks to their Competitive system and Good policies.
For every Product, For every services there are hundreds of manufacturers and providers.
Be it Medicines, Phones, Computers, Cars anytghing

YoungBlackRico:
Lolx. Indians can't be sidelined in the IT community, most Nigerians even get to know one or two things from them. Now I see it's partly 'cause they have almost unlimited access to resources.

2 Likes

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by 49cents(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2020
NewDelhi:

Where in New Delhi were you? undecided
Just by the station, dwakar mor

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2020
rationalhuman:
Except Housing, Everything is extremely affordable over there, Thanks to their Competitive system and Good policies.
For every Product, For every services there are hundreds of manufacturers and providers.
Be it Medicines, Phones, Computers, Cars anytghing

Honestly, if it were same over here, our rate of development would've been out of this world. We have the brains.
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by PurestBoy(m): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Minjim:

And that 2gig ei finish in 4 days

I use 1.5gb in 4 days, it's validity is 7days. It costs 300naira and I was thinking I'm lucky for using MTN
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by PurestBoy(m): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2020
edoairways:

Minimum wage per hour in US is higher than what they pay in India too I think

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Abudu2000(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2020
See this data extortion is due for a protest. See what i have used below just a few days into the month. Now imagine how much i have burnt doing nothing but uploading my house plan designs on instagram only. I say we have to protest!!!! Lets go to their offices wether in island or or wherever it is located.
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by rationalhuman(m): 10:11am On Aug 18, 2020
Actually its Rate of Development, Good Educational System, Massive Industrialization , R & D and Mass production, that makes things economical

We can just dream on, i dont see this happening in this continent even in next 50 years. We all have to bear this.

YoungBlackRico:
Honestly, if it were same over here, our rate of development would've been out of this world. We have the brains.
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by rationalhuman(m): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2020
I lived near Airocity Metro Station (Airprt Line Metro)

49cents:

Just by the station, dwakar mor
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by KrazyDave16(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2020
edoairways:

The US got a far better business environment but data is still expensive.

India's working environment isn't exactly friendly, but data is cheap.

An average worker in the US earns more than workers in India but still India is still getting the better of it, down to the point a poor household can afford unlimited data and watch and download HDR content if they can, the US it's another story, with takeovers and ISP there trying to be monopolistic, which is what our country is copying.

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by RTSC: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2020
49cents:

Sorry it's more than true.

I was in India last year and I actually paid a little less than 400 rupees for a package which gives me unlimited voice calls across all of India.

I was in New Delhi, Bombay and one of Thier far flung industrial towns, Ahmedabad or something.... I didn't have to load airtime....Ah

Now on top of that the package gave me 1.5 GB daily for 28 days....

This is an Airtel package.

Do not just take Google it on Airtel India site.

We are being raped but we do not know and even when we know it stops on the social media and nothing happens
How are you being raped?

Look at cost of doing business?

Look at multiple taxation.

Your FG just recently introduced 7% VAT which made multichoice for example to double their prices for subscription.

Lagos too is adding their own taxes.
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by KrazyDave16(m): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2020
rationalhuman:
I can validate Data over is even cheaper then 5 naira per GB.
Depends Service providers and plans.

Yes that is extremely cheap 4G data. Because there are so many service provider and cutthroat competition, Customer is king over there

IMO, it looks like the ISP here are only interested in beating the competition in how much profits they make yearly instead of how many customers they can retain...

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Goalnaldo(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2020
lekxaid007:
Abeg what's the code to subscribe.
try *121#. It doesn't work for everyone sha

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by edoairways: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2020
PurestBoy:

Minimum wage per hour in US is higher than what they pay in India too I think
Environment of business does not necessary mean minimum wage, there are other factors that are considered. See PESTEL analysis for more info
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Equity15(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2020
Nigerians are rich na..even if data goes as high as 2k for 1gn people will still subscribe..same as if rice goes for 89k per bag people will still eat rice. this country Taya me

do you have a website that you need a mobile application for? we do that and upload to app store for you at a very affordable price.

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Goalnaldo(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2020
PurestBoy:

I use 1.5gb in 4 days, it's validity is 7days. It costs 300naira and I was thinking I'm lucky for using MTN
initially that was what they used to give me. Now I don't see that option.
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by PurestBoy(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2020
Goalnaldo:
initially that was what they used to give me. Now I don't see that option.

I'm lucky I'm still getting it, some of my friends get options of 1gb for 200 and others
Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2020
lordm:
so you believe any thing you read on the internet. Gullible people

Know it all wey no know anything. grin

4 Likes

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Kindly explain why the US, which is way better both in I.T and IoT, has a stronger currency got a more expensive data packages than India, an upcoming tech country then.
Population index and quality.

1 Like

Re: 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus by davinchecodes(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
49cents:

Sorry it's more than true.

I was in India last year and I actually paid a little less than 400 rupees for a package which gives me unlimited voice calls across all of India.

I was in New Delhi, Bombay and one of Thier far flung industrial towns, Ahmedabad or something.... I didn't have to load airtime....Ah

Now on top of that the package gave me 1.5 GB daily for 28 days....

This is an Airtel package.

Do not just take Google it on Airtel India site.

We are being raped but we do not know and even when we know it stops on the social media and nothing happens

The govt is the one raping you all, the conditions they give networks is what makes the data price high....

All foreign networks provider pay the govt Huge amount of money for fees etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee S10 Lite 4gb Ram 32gb Rom Jumia Black Friday / MTN Introduces Free Facebook Zero Balance / Where Can I Replace Samsung A20s Broken Screen And How Much Will It Cost Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.