Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue (539 Views)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by allthingsgood: 3:30am On Aug 18, 2020
What I don't understand is why oyedepo is always fighting Nigerian govt but willingly submits to UK govt and other foreign national why his church is domiciled?

Also more importantly why does Nigerian pastors always threaten anybody that dissents with spiritual curse?? Any explanation pls

2 Likes

Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by unclemaths(m): 3:49am On Aug 18, 2020
But who threw the first punch in this instance?
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:08am On Aug 18, 2020
allthingsgood:
What I don't understand is why oyedepo is always fighting Nigerian govt but willingly submits to UK govt and other foreign national why his church is domiciled?

Also more importantly why does Nigerian pastors always threaten anybody that dissents with spiritual curse?? Any explanation pls
Brb....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Kobojunkie: 6:27am On Aug 18, 2020
allthingsgood:
Reminds of fights involving agberos and bus conductors

2 Likes

Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Dtruthspeaker: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2020
allthingsgood:

The Rule of Engagement was clear before he settled in and it is not Arbitrarily Changed.

So he knew what he was getting into beforehand but in Nigeria, there is a right way of doing things but Nigerians, eh...

allthingsgood:

That is where they can lawfully and properly war without hurting persons not connected to the fight!
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by allthingsgood: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92941356:

Brb....

ok
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by petra1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
allthingsgood:

There are individuals who have been targeting control of churches for years.
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by CodeTemplar: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
allthingsgood:

Oga the constitution allows for private interaction among citizens and all. It. is a foolish idea for the govt to bypass the contributors of funds and try to impose themselves as middlemen to monitor church finance.

If you give a relation some amount of money as gift and tax agents of the govt harass him to pay a tax on that gift, how will you feel?
The money under the control of churches from members who trust the leadership of the church and fear God. Govt has no role to play in their affairs.
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Dtruthspeaker: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Oga the constitution allows for private interaction among citizens and all.

How I wish you would see and learn that it Natural Law (God's Laws) that Provides for All Things on the earth, not Rubbish Constitution.

Constitution is man made law which means man is greater than his law, and therefore every man can happily and easily break the Constitution.

Because the created can not rule over the Creator but it is the Creator who rules over the created like Camry can never control Mr Toyoda for an instant but Mr Toyoda Always Controls the Camry!

But No Man made Natural Law and Natural is Greater than All men.

Therefor, the Correct Law as provided by Natural Law, between man to man is called Fair Agreements or Fair Contract which is covered in the Principle 'Because You Give, I Give"!

Hence, the Law is Always made by Consent or "Consent, Makes the Law!"
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Oga the constitution allows for private interaction among citizens and all. It. is a foolish idea for the govt to bypass the contributors of funds and try to impose themselves as middlemen to monitor church finance.

If you give a relation some amount of money as gift and tax agents of the govt harass him to pay a tax on that gift, how will you feel?
The money under the control of churches from members who trust the leadership of the church and fear God. Govt has no role to play in their affairs.
These churches are businesses. So every gift they receive ought to be documented and accounted for, just as it applies with every other non-profit business out there.

1 Like

Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by paxonel(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
allthingsgood:
to him UK government are white people while Nigerian government are black people like him

ignorance of scriptures on the side of these pastors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Dtruthspeaker: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
These churches are businesses. So every gift they receive ought to be documented and accounted for, just as it applies with every other non-profit business out there.

Wrong! Every Permissible Personal Business is Entitled to its Fruits of its business without restriction.

Natural Law says, "He who takes the risk, Must take the rewards"

Any who has no reasonable connection to the business, is a Meddlesome Interloper and has no Locus Standi in the matter.

They must Stay Out and they must not be allowed in!

It is Public Companies That are Monitored by the CAC and Properly so monitored meanwhile they have abandoned their Job of protecting the people from Wonder Banks, they fall woefully at it.

They have no Locus Standi in the matter and they can never have it, if the church have good counsel.

Further, they do not make profits but it is provided that they should receive gifts!
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by CodeTemplar: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I don't have time for stupíd speculation based discussions. If you have proof of businneses in the church, submit them.
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by CodeTemplar: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

How I wish you would see and learn that it Natural Law (God's Laws) that Provides for All Things on the earth, not Rubbish Constitution.

Constitution is man made law which means man is greater than his law, and therefore every man can happily and easily break the Constitution.

Because the created can not rule over the Creator but it is the Creator who rules over the created like Camry can never control Mr Toyoda for an instant but Mr Toyoda Always Controls the Camry!

But No Man made Natural Law and Natural is Greater than All men.

Therefor, the Correct Law as provided by Natural Law, between man to man is called Fair Agreements or Fair Contract which is covered in the Principle 'Because You Give, I Give"!

Hence, the Law is Always made by Consent or "Consent, Makes the Law!"
Even you know you aren't making any sense.
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
I don't have time for stupíd speculation based discussions. If you have proof of businesses in the church, submit them.
Proof of what Business? Are you telling me that you are not aware that your churches are in fact business entities registered with the government and operated with a licenses just like any other business out there? In every country they operate, they obtain businesses licenses to do so, like any other business out there.

Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by CodeTemplar: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Proof of what Business? Are you telling me that you are not aware that your churches are in fact business entities registered with the government and operated with a licenses just like any other business out there? In every country they operate, they obtain businesses licenses to do so, like any other business out there.
Simple evidence I demanded, you are here regurgitating your claims as if repetition of your claims makes them more credible by the minute.
Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Simple evidence I demanded, you are here regurgitating your claims as if repetition of your claims makes them more credible by the minute.
Evidence of what though? Evidence that Oyedepo is running a business or you want me to provide you with a copy of his Business ID or license?
If that is what you are asking, I am afraid I may not be able to given how things are run in Nigeria as far as the government is concerned still.

But below is a link showing the tax EIN/ID for the winners chapel here in Maryland
https://eintaxid.com/company/263797433-winners-chapel-international-inc/

1 Like

Re: Still On This Oyedepo CAMA Issue by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Even you know you aren't making any sense.

Ow, you do not understand. Just think on it and know your God given rights not the false and adulterated and fraudulent rights given by men.

Man can not give you rights and has no power to do so, for you have them already and they are yours, as Given By God, the Creator of All!

And if he can give you rights, you can give him too and which is going to prevail? None!

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Righteousness89? / When I Think of Religion....... / Did Religion Emanate From One Source?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.