Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit (617 Views)

Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) / Pls After Joining The Navy As A Recruit Can I Still Go Back To School Again / From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by Ferns4real: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2020
I had to create a new profile for this post

I am a graduate and I finished with a second class upper degree. But after the completion of my NYSC in the month of May 2020. I have been unable to secure a job despite sending my CV to various organizations and going for different interviews yet, there is no job offer.

The main issue now is that i don't want to stay idle, I want to be engaged doing something, earlier last week one of my uncles suggested that I apply for the Nigeria Police Force Recruitment as a Recruit i.e Constable when he said it I was very surprised because how can a graduate apply to join the recruit in the police force.

Recently, I gave the idea a thought because joining the Police Force as a Recruit is better than being a N-Power beneficiary because it is a more secured than N- Power and I can save a lot of money from my salary and start a business along with the my salary..

Please I need your advice about my decision joining the Police Force as a Constable is it good enough? What are your suggestions, if it is not good for me to join the force?
Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by Princenosan: 7:18am On Aug 18, 2020
Joining the police force as a recruit is not bad,u can join and use the income from there and set urself up for life. The problem will be u not remembering ur purpose of entering the force and feeling satisfy with ur pie nut. C I will advice u to learn how to trade Forex it will satisfy u. Or u can still learn other skills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by bewla(m): 7:27am On Aug 18, 2020
e?[/quote]Two things involved

One if its for the gain
Two if its for a career

Na u no but how say take the second one the first one good but no they pay at the end

But this Nigerian any one u take wish u a smooth journey

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by judgementyard(m): 7:27am On Aug 18, 2020
It's a no no for me,go and learn a skill
Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by SocialJustice: 7:28am On Aug 18, 2020
Ferns4real:
I had to create a new profile for this post

I am a graduate and I finished with a second class upper degree. But after the completion of my NYSC in the month of May 2020. I have been unable to secure a job despite sending my CV to various organizations and going for different interviews yet, there is no job offer.

The main issue now is that i don't want to stay idle, I want to be engaged doing something, earlier last week one of my uncles suggested that I apply for the Nigeria Police Force Recruitment as a Recruit i.e Constable when he said it I was very surprised because how can a graduate apply to join the recruit in the police force.

Recently, I gave the idea a thought because joining the Police Force as a Recruit is better than being a N-Power beneficiary because it is a more secured than N- Power and I can save a lot of money from my salary and start a business along with the my salary..

Please I need your advice about my decision joining the Police Force as a Constable is it good enough? What are your suggestions, if it is not good for me to join the force?
Join as constable. Do not go bragging to others or even telling anyone you're a graduate. Apply with your SSCE. When you're fully into the service, you can wait for 6-12 months then bring your Bachelors degree out. You will be promoted past about 4-5 ranks and become a Superintendent personnel. It could take a bit longer but you will get it.

8 years ago I was offered teaching job in civil service but rejected it. What I didn't know was I could switch to ministry job after getting in. So not make same mistake.

Npower is not a job jare, just temporary relief.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by NaijaDonCast(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2020
My brother even to join the force you're claiming how can a graduate like you who graduated with second class upper credit apply for recruitment is not easy, so if you see anybody to help you with that be grateful and also stick to your plan as stated because there thousand of graduates roaming the street with no jobs
Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by Ferns4real: 8:01am On Aug 18, 2020
Princenosan:
Joining the police force as a recruit is not bad,u can join and use the income from there and set urself up for life. The problem will be u not remembering ur purpose of entering the force and feeling satisfy with ur pie nut. C I will advice u to learn how to trade Forex it will satisfy u. Or u can still learn other skills.
thanks for the advice
Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by Ferns4real: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2020
judgementyard:
It's a no no for me,go and learn a skill
I can learn the skill along with the police job
Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by Ferns4real: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2020
SocialJustice:
Join as constable. Do not go bragging to others or even telling anyone you're a graduate. Apply with your SSCE. When you're fully into the service, you can wait for 6-12 months then bring your Bachelors degree out. You will be promoted past about 4-5 ranks and become a Superintendent personnel. It could take a bit longer but you will get it.

8 years ago I was offered teaching job in civil service but rejected it. What I didn't know was I could switch to ministry job after getting in. So not make same mistake.

Npower is not a job jare, just temporary relief.
thank you so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion Concerning A Graduate Joining The Police Force As A Recruit by judgementyard(m): 9:31am On Aug 18, 2020
Ferns4real:
I can learn the skill along with the police job
tgati true, wishing you the best of luck

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Earn $100k – $500k Working In Canada / Let's Hangout Once Every Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.