Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive (41793 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Sack Coach, Nuno Espírito Santo / Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Fernando Torres In Uyo For Atletico VS Super Eagles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Nicepoker(m): 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ghost. grin
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by HelipsTech: 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
Are there Nigerians in that team?
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Great100000: 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dont even know what to say.
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by JesusJesus: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
If you want to know people that love and care about you, just announce your death and listen to different comments. You'll be shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Ezmans: 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
Barcelona could have done same if they saw the truck that was approaching their G-wagon that made them 2 8 the demolition of it empire
u are right

1 Like

Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by xmanco42: 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Plot twist : the hitman disappoint
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by friday2011(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Fernando Kuti grin
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by slivertongue: 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
long live the player
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Prechgold1180(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
Look at what buhari caused
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by isahsalee: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
swiz123:
This might just be a case of miscommunication. There might no actual intent to mislead the public.

But of course, bloggers always need a catchy heading...SMH

No, shithole countries are like that, they're always good at making a damage control official statement.

But, come to think of this, if it were Nigeria, people would have started raining insults on our leaders most especially PMB.
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by jericco1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
They really goofed up. Well they should pray the guy doesn't sue for damages
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Corroro: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
Na wa o, things dey happen Sha grin
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Abudu2000(m): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
Business has been pretty bad lately. Anyone with a kind heart please do a little cash transfer for family to survive. 6.1705.414.90 fidelity God bless you.
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Yoighaman(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
The club must have acted in good faith all along but then, one wonders how it feels to see his obituary while still alive....mehn it's not funny, especially if the claim is not debunked on time; the implications could be grave to the family both financially and emotionally....It is well.
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by primetravel(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
No be only Nigeria comedy dey happen.
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by hardbody: 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
ogbiwa:
An Irish football team are to be investigated after a player they reported dead turned up "alive and well".

Leinster Senior League outfit Ballybrack FC informed league bosses that Spanish player Fernando Nuno La-Fuente had been killed in a traffic accident.

The league communicated the player's alleged passing to the media and an obituary appeared in a newspaper.

Ballybrack were due to play on Saturday but the game was called off as a mark of respect.

But the league have since released a statement announcing that he is not dead and had actually returned to Spain.

A league statement said: "The Leinster Senior League would like to acknowledge that the notification of the death of a Ballybrack FC player, as shared with all member clubs and media partners, is without foundation.

"The Leinster Senior League acted in good faith at all times and, when notified by a representative of Ballybrack FC as to the death of a member player, we immediately offered our heartfelt condolences and also shared the sad news with all other LSL clubs, in order for them to offer their own individual condolences.

"We are glad to hear that the player is in good health and has returned to his native Spain."

Other clubs in the league paid tribute to the player at the weekend and some were even pictured holding a minute's silence.

The league confirmed they had launched a full investigation into the bizarre incident.

The statement continued: "The Leinster Senior League will co-operate with all relevant agencies in the investigation of this matter, and the league will also deal with this issue through their own internal disciplinary procedures.

"The Leinster Senior League would like to offer their sincerest apologies for any distress caused as a result of notifying clubs as to the demise of a valued player.

"The league acted in absolute good faith with the information supplied by the club, and only had the welfare and interest of those affected by the reported 'tragedy' as our uppermost concern at all times."

League chairman David Moran added: “We were informed on Friday morning that a young lad had passed away. So, yesterday the we asked the secretary for the league to find out when the funeral was or what was happening so we could send a representative of the league and make sure the family was alright for a few bob,” Moran said.

“We got a call back saying that his body had been sent back to Spain and that’s when the alarm bells rang. I was saying ‘what do you mean?’. They wouldn’t have been able to do an autopsy or whatever in that time.

“We started investigating it yesterday and then I got a call saying that he had just left to go home to Spain. I’m delighted the young lad’s alive but I’m absolutely dumbfounded by what’s going on.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irish-side-ballybrack-probed-after-13653132

This can only happen in Nigeria

Or so i thought....
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by zamport: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
(1): 7 DAYS: VIRTUAL TRAINING ON WEBSITE DESIGN(7th Batch)
• Commencement Date: 21st -27th August, 2020.
• Training Method: Anydesk Application. With Anydesk App we can be controlling your system and while you watch the practical step by step processes.
(2): DISCOVER HOW YOU CAN BE MAKING ATLEAST ₦21,000 WEEKLY OR MORE WITH YOUR PHONE AND FROM HOME LEGITIMATELY.
Check my Signature for more details
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by hardbody: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
jericco1:
They really goofed up. Well they should pray the guy doesn't sue for damages

What damages in particular?
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by raybaba97(m): 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
The Irish are crazy like that
I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional

1 Like

Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by ofuonyebi: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
It is good for him...a good OMEN for the player to LIVE LONGER...since it is a taboo against the natural order of life

Now clear that Nigeria is not the only place where you have this type of copy and paste products of quack journalism..

1 Like

Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
You get the feeling someone was trying to be mischievous in this case.

I smell a rat. You don't just proceed to announce a man's death just like that.

And considering the fact that this happened in a lower division side... it all reinforces my suspicion.

But wait a minute, this news goes back to 2018... Is Nairaland now a news recycling site or what?
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by jericco1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
hardbody:

Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
hardbody:

That they put those who knew him(and himself) through severe emotional distress by stating that he was dead which eventually turned out to be untrue. Something like that.

That can be held actionable in court and I believe some damages can be awarded through that means.

He should simply consult his counsels.
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by hardbody: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
mansakhalifa:

That they put those who knew him(and himself) through severe emotional distress by stating that he was dead which eventually turned out to be untrue. Something like that.

That can be held actionable in court and I believe some damages can be awarded through that means.

He should simply consult his counsels.

Ok. It will be nice to listen to that argument and see how the courts will rationalize the judgement. I heard you loud and clear.
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by PopeFlatino(m): 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
Please who knows where I can get Mannequins in Onitsha main Market?,,both d headless and the ones with head?

And the price ranges .. Please reply asa
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Taiwojon(m): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
ogbiwa:
An Irish football team are to be investigated after a player they reported dead turned up "alive and well".

Leinster Senior League outfit Ballybrack FC informed league bosses that Spanish player Fernando Nuno La-Fuente had been killed in a traffic accident.

The league communicated the player's alleged passing to the media and an obituary appeared in a newspaper.

Ballybrack were due to play on Saturday but the game was called off as a mark of respect.

But the league have since released a statement announcing that he is not dead and had actually returned to Spain.

A league statement said: "The Leinster Senior League would like to acknowledge that the notification of the death of a Ballybrack FC player, as shared with all member clubs and media partners, is without foundation.

"The Leinster Senior League acted in good faith at all times and, when notified by a representative of Ballybrack FC as to the death of a member player, we immediately offered our heartfelt condolences and also shared the sad news with all other LSL clubs, in order for them to offer their own individual condolences.

"We are glad to hear that the player is in good health and has returned to his native Spain."

Other clubs in the league paid tribute to the player at the weekend and some were even pictured holding a minute's silence.

The league confirmed they had launched a full investigation into the bizarre incident.

The statement continued: "The Leinster Senior League will co-operate with all relevant agencies in the investigation of this matter, and the league will also deal with this issue through their own internal disciplinary procedures.

"The Leinster Senior League would like to offer their sincerest apologies for any distress caused as a result of notifying clubs as to the demise of a valued player.

"The league acted in absolute good faith with the information supplied by the club, and only had the welfare and interest of those affected by the reported 'tragedy' as our uppermost concern at all times."

League chairman David Moran added: “We were informed on Friday morning that a young lad had passed away. So, yesterday the we asked the secretary for the league to find out when the funeral was or what was happening so we could send a representative of the league and make sure the family was alright for a few bob,” Moran said.

“We got a call back saying that his body had been sent back to Spain and that’s when the alarm bells rang. I was saying ‘what do you mean?’. They wouldn’t have been able to do an autopsy or whatever in that time.

“We started investigating it yesterday and then I got a call saying that he had just left to go home to Spain. I’m delighted the young lad’s alive but I’m absolutely dumbfounded by what’s going on.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irish-side-ballybrack-probed-after-13653132
what!!!!!!

they have already predicted and him the dead while still alive.

oh God have mercy on man.

the heart of man is desperately wicked
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by raphy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
he WAS THEN BEFORE BUT NOW ALIVE..
WONDERMENT LOL
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by raphy(m): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Look at what buhari caused
what did buburi do babe? no follow ppl talk trash no be him hold ya destiny.
HV nice day. *smile*
Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by Peace666: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
I call that a failed assassination attempt. They thought they killed him but it turned out to be someone else cool

You too watch crimes and investigation. Take an easy joor grin

1 Like

Re: Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive by earnit5: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen’s Dismissed Agent, Czajka: ‘I Will Go To The End To Get Justice / UCL Round Of 16 Re-draw: Live Updates. / The U.J Esuene Stadium In Calabar Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.