Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus (394 Views)

19m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis – FG / Millions Of Nigerians Are Living With Hepatitis B: Go For Test Today / Can Hepatitis Virus Be Cured? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus by Mode9Juma: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2020
Hello everyone, i am really disturbed and worried, couldn’t eat well dis past few days! To be precise, My story here is I have hepatitis virus in me! My wedding is December!
I have a friend who regularly donate blood in the teaching hospital to the extend that they gave him a donor card, this last week i was like bro lets go together i felt like donating for the first time in my life, how sad my blood screen out that i have HBV....since its a teaching hospital, they advice me to go to GOPD open file and see a doctor. I did, met wit the doctor he ordered me to run another test for HBV, two sample were taken, HBV came out reactive the other HBVe came out non reactive, so doctor ask me to run another liver function test and go for scanning, i did all that i submit everything to him. So he said my liver is fine, including my kidney, just that i am a carrier, that my virus is not increasing/multiplying, i say doctor write drugs for me so i can go and start treating myself atleast i figure this thing out....doctor said in my case drug is not needed for me, that i should be checking back to the hospital after every 3months for another blood test so as to make sure that my liver is not affected in any way. I am just so dead, no drugs nothing nothing, is like mine is permanent, lifetime...becoz he doesnt wanna tell me so that i will not panic, i got my HBV from either one of my parents, at birth or wen i was young, Mine is that i never had symptoms my entire adult life. Im 28yrs. And he also advices me not to use any form of herbal traditional medicine. I say doctor i am getting married december, he said i should bring my wife for vaccine shot after informing her.
I am just so depressed...how can these be in my body, no itching, no sickness, i play football and jog always! How? Sportman. The doctor was nice but coming back after 3/6months with no medications just for check up please people i want to get rid of it out of my blood. Please! I need help.
Re: How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus by unclemaths(m): 8:54am On Aug 18, 2020
I am so sorry about this. Please, don't relapse into depression.
Re: How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2020
Well, you have latent HBV and will likely not manifest any symptoms from what I understand about it.

Do not attempt to try treating it because then you will only end up activating it.

You cannot get rid of it. You have lived with it for so long and can continue to live with it for the rest of your life.

Promptly inform your wife. Go with her to your next doctor's AP so she doesn't freak out. Be sure to take her for vaccination and she'll be immune. Repeat every 10 years or so.

Take your doctor's advice. Stay calm, continue to live your life as you normally would and hope for the best.

You are not alone in this. People plenty for inside and depression no worry them.
Re: How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus by lekxaid007(m): 11:24am On Aug 18, 2020
calm down first. most hbv patient don't have any symptoms. as per what your doctor said, your case is mild, and require no medications. just eat good food, drink enough water and eat fruits.

since nothing is wrong with your liver and kidneys and it is not multiplying, you're good, it's just a mild hbv.
your body can fight mild hbv on its own within 3-6months go for another test and you'll come back Negative.
cheers
Re: How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus by hidhrhis(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2020
which hbv did u get from ur parent
the likelihood of parent to child transmission is not likely except the viral load in the parent is very high and high bleeding which makes it transmittable and if u had it during childhood the doc would have noticed because the child immune system is not that strong in childhood
hbv is sexually transmitted disease and it is highly transmittable during sex maybe u got it through sex
always boost ur immune system so that u wont have any issue and dont smoke nor drink,dont sleep late and eat healthy
their is no cure for hbv the doctor can only vaccinate ur wife so that it wont be transmittable to her
i think the vaccination is 3 shot at different period
Re: How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
Mode9Juma:
Hello everyone, i am really disturbed and worried, couldn’t eat well dis past few days! To be precise, My story here is I have hepatitis virus in me! My wedding is December!
I have a friend who regularly donate blood in the teaching hospital to the extend that they gave him a donor card, this last week i was like bro lets go together i felt like donating for the first time in my life, how sad my blood screen out that i have HBV....since its a teaching hospital, they advice me to go to GOPD open file and see a doctor. I did, met wit the doctor he ordered me to run another test for HBV, two sample were taken, HBV came out reactive the other HBVe came out non reactive, so doctor ask me to run another liver function test and go for scanning, i did all that i submit everything to him. So he said my liver is fine, including my kidney, just that i am a carrier, that my virus is not increasing/multiplying, i say doctor write drugs for me so i can go and start treating myself atleast i figure this thing out....doctor said in my case drug is not needed for me, that i should be checking back to the hospital after every 3months for another blood test so as to make sure that my liver is not affected in any way. I am just so dead, no drugs nothing nothing, is like mine is permanent, lifetime...becoz he doesnt wanna tell me so that i will not panic, i got my HBV from either one of my parents, at birth or wen i was young, Mine is that i never had symptoms my entire adult life. Im 28yrs. And he also advices me not to use any form of herbal traditional medicine. I say doctor i am getting married december, he said i should bring my wife for vaccine shot after informing her.
I am just so depressed...how can these be in my body, no itching, no sickness, i play football and jog always! How? Sportman. The doctor was nice but coming back after 3/6months with no medications just for check up please people i want to get rid of it out of my blood. Please! I need help.

can you drop ur number? or better still I send pm
Re: How I Get To Know I Am A Carrier With Hepatitis Virus by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
� bro can we chat

(1) (Reply)

Bald Or Grey Hair. Which Would You Prefer? / CR Commissioner For Health Dr. Betta Edu Wins 2020 'medical Expert Of The Year . / Man Drowns While Swimming With Girlfriend, Girlfriend Gets Rescued (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.