Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,770 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

The National Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The National Culture (374 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Sang The National Anthem? / Can The National Theatre Return To Its Glory Days? / The National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria 9th General Assembly LIVE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The National Culture by packagerz: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
- The National culture of a nation is built on the foundation of solid personal character, which in turn allows for a civil society, characterized by a disciplined self-regulating society. This I will suggest form the basis of basic human expectations such as trust, values, norms, acceptable dispositions and other aspects of social interactions. It is my belief that irrespective of race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, class or gender, a nation is only as good as the quality of its citizens. If we have people with good character, then it follows that we will have good political leaders, business leaders and community leaders, religious and civic leaders and almost by default good institutions. This is how a society builds Social Capital. As some have put it, there is no nation building without character building. Character traits like integrity, selflessness, honesty, diligence, trust are core values that are essential to nation building. These are the values that make for viable institutions. It is this conglomeration of character traits that defines the National Culture.

Dr Ramon Adedoyin
Maye of Yoruba Kingdom

Re: The National Culture by bigjackass: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
@ peacefulhome , concerning your diary post on September 9, please what time of the day were you breaking your fast? Fasting is very difficult for me
Re: The National Culture by peacefulhome(f): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=bigjackass post=94372305]@ peacefulhome , concerning your diary post on September 9,

I will advise you start from 6am to 2pm . Do that for like three days. Then on the fourth day shift to 6am to 3pm. Gradually, your system will adapt . Then you can go sis to six. All the best.
Re: The National Culture by gregyboy(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2020
All this substandard kings mtcheew

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Tanker Explosion: Atiku, Obaseki Sympathize With Kogi People / 2nd Open Letter To Hrh king Temple McDonald Jamala Ii, Odual Chiefs And Elites / Olu Of Warri Not Dead – Warri Kingdom Debunks Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.