Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,860 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. (1296 Views)

Buhari If The Fuel Crisis Is Not Affecting You Is Affecting Nigerian’s - Oyedepo / Daar Communication Plc Workers On Nation Wide Strike / Nlc To Shutdown Nigeria With Nation Wide Strike Come January 9th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by OgidiBoy(m): 3:18am On Jun 19, 2007
I've been reading about the hardship of my people due to the nation wide planned strike, please share with us how this wahala has affected you. My heart goes out to my Nigerian brothers and sisters, only God can save us.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2007
Amen to that. i keep saying it that some Nigerian leaders in fact most of them are so daft, they don't think before making decisions. two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by denex: 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2007
Well, I'm supposed to submit a proposal for a project and this whole strike has crippled everything. This strike has taken me back 2 months in terms of planning and logistics. All the signatures I have collated are going to expire. I have to start retyping the proposals and running around all over again to get the endorsement of those organizations all over again.

In fact, I just hope I'm not finished.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
sorry ohh sad
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by initiator(m): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2007
The cost of fuel, the long queues, the black market, its crazy. But labour has to do this, if not tge price wont go down as well as the vat. Its all the fault of that slowpoke at Otta
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by denex: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2007
It is the fault of NLC. Were they not the ones who used their strikes to force the man in Otta to accept to IMF plan?

All the problems that we've had in the last 7 years including privatization of refineries, job cuts, everything apart from the power problem and MEND, was caused by labour.

Oshiomole just finished this country. How can NLC strike us into accepting the IMF program and now strike against implementing it.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by Razorr(f): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2007
Denex, get the f*uck out of here! You do not fool anyone with your silly posts.

We all know that you work with the government and you are one of the corrupt bastards who are ruining our country and putting us through all these hardship.

Mr. Denex, a.k.a. Mr. Politician, please take your pro-government speeches and waka abeg.

Thank You.  cool
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by denex: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2007
@Razorr

abeg if you get government job for me, I no run. I'm a unit production manager in a multimedia firm. Na only recently I decide to to delve into event hosting in order to restructure my bank account. Maybe if you explore the entertainment segment of this website you would have seen my posts. Instead, you restrict your movement to politics which you hardly know anything about.

Anyway, fact that I don't work for the government does not mean I will accuse them of something they did not do. Were you not on this planet when NLC was striking so that OBJ would accept the IMF plan?

Just because it contained a clause that mentioned a salary increase.

And why is it that you never see my posts when I criticize the government? Eye dey pain you?
Abeg, I don't even have time to draw words with you.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by Razorr(f): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2007
Please don't make me laugh. grin   Politics? Please ask the Admin about what parts of the forum I visit most often.  angry

I've observed that you always make pro-governement posts. Infact, I've seen some posts from you that made me want to slap you.  angry

I can bet that you eat from the government or have a relative in power (is daddy a politician?  tongue ).

Anyway, I have decided to give myself the job of hounding and criticising you whenever I see pro-government posts from you, you bloody self-servicer.  angry

Blatant nonsense.  angry   angry
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by denex: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2007
In other words, you are admitting that you are not mentally stable. To decide that you will go about attacking me wherever I make pro-government statements. That is a form of dependency syndrome.

You're also admitting bias. By saying you will only attack me when I make pro-government posts. So if I make anti-government statements, you will not bother me. You just declared yourself an irrational individual.

Abeg, stop trying to use me to become popular on Nairaland. Abi are you Eedris?

By the way, I make pro-Nigerian statements, whether pro- or antigovernment. And if Nigeria messes up, I'll make anti-Nigerian comments. So mr Razorr, get a life and stop living in my shadow.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by Razorr(f): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2007
Denex, I have come to only one conclusion - you're both ignorant and crazy.

For your infoa, I don't need you to gain popularity, as I'm already popular enough on Nairaland (I see you're a newcomer).  tongue

I have plenty of time and I am sick and tired of hypocritical corrupt politicians like you.

I'm tired of your bullshit, so hounding you would not be any stress, rather, it would be part of fulfilling my duty to motherland to rid her of corruption.

Nonsense!  angry
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by denex: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2007
Please if anyone has heard of this Razorr individual who claims to be popular, they should indicate below.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by otokx(m): 2:57am On Jun 20, 2007
This denex guy is bad news; an abomination of the assyrians. I have even tried to talk with him one on one to see what his point is but like the man made gods he cannot even speak.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by Jimiyke(m): 6:15am On Jun 20, 2007
[b]Denex [/b]or what every you called yourself, let me make it clear here that you are such an arrogant and selfish humanbeing, how can you be supporting a Government that keeps our country in this bad mode? you need to be arrested.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by otokx(m): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2007
@Denex.

You talk of international pricing, then maybe your friends - them looters in government should give us roads, water, housing, health & salaries of international standards. I don't need you to make me relevant anywhere so stop making an issue of that; it smirks of inferiority complex
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by denex: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2007
Now we have to stoop to the "THEM"/"THEY" ideology. They should put food on the table, they should give us water, they should put money in our pockets. Goodluck to you and THEM.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by angel101(f): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2007
can we all just ignore denex pls. his frustration is because he missed submitting his proposal. make we dash am i beg grin
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by denex: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2007
Of course that is my frustration. What do you think this thread is about? It says "how is the strike affecting you?" it didn't say "please lets have a neverending discussion".

I think you're the one who should be ignored because youre in the wrong place.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by angel101(f): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2007
LOL!! i am laughing my head off at YOU!
selfish man
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by panalyst(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2007
@denex,

Suprisingly u do have a verygood point, i think the issue here was in the way the government increased it without consultations or anything. They didnt go through the formal process. It will be good if Government can highlight a plan on proposed increases and when they are supposed to take effect. Then people won't see this as a goodbye present.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by otokx(m): 5:36am On Jun 21, 2007
Its affecting me real good; I have not been having my siesta for a very long time. Today I have had a siesday. Took a long walk and praised God for the gift of trees, fresh air, rain and life.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by dblock(m): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2007
These strikes are stupid. People should realize that with the amount of money that Nigeria will lose daily from the strike, an alleviation of the Fuel Hike will be indifferent from the Previous situation.

Nigeria will be losing N50.5 billion daily form the Nationwide strike.
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by Slycks(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2007
What a controversial thread  angry . I think some people need to be suspend rather banned  angry.

You all need understanding. You need to understand the post of others before reply  .No controversial speech again else i`ll    lipsrsealed,

dblock:

Nigeria will be losing N50.5 billion daily form the Nationwide strike.

True
Re: How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. by boladez(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2007
Guys,

I think we should allow Denex to express his opinions without being hounded. We are all entitled to our opinions. Denex sorry about your setback, may the Almighty grant you strength and grace to go over the whole thing again.

I do not agree with him though and I am trying hard to recollect any NLC strike for the implementation of the IMF plan. Denex please can you remind me?

I support the strike fully even as I have lost about 1.3m in deals during this period and construction work on one of my projects has been stalled due to my inability to access cash in the bank.

A very sizeable number of Nigerians are impoverished and live way below the poverty line, how can the govt increase the pump prices of fuel at this time!!!!!!!! Why would Nigerians be made to pay for the inability of its govt to make the refineries work or even sell them off in a transparent process?

The solution to this perennial price hike is for the country to increase its LOCAL refining capacity, if we are able to refine locally, then there would be no need for subsidies as the price per litre of petrol would be way below 50 naira.

We all know that there is no alternative to the use of fuels and no cheaper modes of transport, the increase in the price of fuels and VAT would jack up prices and further draw Many Nigerians below the poverty line. I then ask what is the benefit of being crude producers when we suffer in more in a time of boom like this.

I support the strike and I plead with the Govt to revert to the old pump prices. It is too early for this govt to wage war on its citizens like the Govt of OBJ.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Killing Machines / 80 Million Nigerians Are Christians.This Is 50.8% Of Population / Fuel Subsidy: What Is Iweala Okoji And Sanusi Doing On Ait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.