Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

I Built My Professional E-commerce Website With Just N18,900 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Built My Professional E-commerce Website With Just N18,900 (490 Views)

Check This Site I Built For A Foreign Client / Get Your Professional E-commerce Website Today / If You Can Create And Design A Professional E-commerce Website, COME IN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Built My Professional E-commerce Website With Just N18,900 by Sanbrnks(m): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Do you wish to take your business online by having a website but don’t know where to start, because everything you’ve seen seems too advanced and mostly tailored for foreign audiences?

If you’ve answered YES, keep reading...

You are about to discover exactly how I created my website from scratch with as little as N18,900 ($49), without paying any website developer to do the job for me, even though I was a complete beginner at the time of doing it!

Before you continue, have a look at the site I built without any prior web development skills. Click on this link - https://sanbrnks.com/

Today, most customers expect that they can use the internet to get information about your business, such as the contacts and location, and buy your products. Alone, this fact makes having an online presence, often in the form of a website, a must-have for all businesses.

When I decided to create an online presence for my business, I was as green as they come; I was what the online community calls a “newbie”. For many years, I thought that getting my business website up and running required digging deep into my pockets.

After tons of research, I found that hiring someone to build an eCommerce website for me would set me back about N57,000 ($148). In addition to that, I would have to pay the monthly web hosting fee, something I later realized was a bit higher than the package I am using for my website now.

As I was doing research, I started realizing that there was a way that I could personally build a professional website without any prior web design skills and at NO EXTRA COST. The idea of reducing my website-building costs by half excited me a great deal. It meant I could channel the money to something more productive.

Further research revealed that the primary things I had to pay for were web hosting - which I started with a 3-months package, and a domain name.

I know you are probably wondering...

How is it even possible to not spend money on web development if you’ve never made any website before?

What website did you create – is it fully functional, responsive and professional looking?

What are the dos and don’ts – what did you spend the N18,900 ($49) on?

What if I don’t want to go through the trouble of learning everything – can you help me lower the cost at least to not end up paying N57,000 ($148) or something close to that?

If you have these and other related questions, this is for you.

I want to share with you the things I did to create a stunning and professional-looking eCommerce website at a fraction of what most people pay. By sharing what I learned, I hope to help you avoid paying huge fees to web developers to do something you can do.

Besides saving you money that you can direct towards growing your business, building your website yourself will give you greater control of the creation process, which will allow you to be as creative as possible and integrate whatever functionalities you would like.

To get started, follow the steps below, which are the same steps I followed to build my professional eCommerce website for just N18,900 ($49)!

Even if you’ve never done anything like it before, this guide will open your eyes to the world of possibilities on just what is possible when you try!

Step 1: Prepare A Plan

Before getting started on the process of building my website, I had to do a few things to prepare my website for the success I knew it could achieve.

The first thing I did, something that, unfortunately, many business owners forget —or fail— to do or consider before proceeding to build their website, is creating a plan.

Before you pay for anything, you need to create an on-paper draft of how you want your website to flow. Doing this helped me speed up the overall time it took to create the website.

To create a plan, I had to research and experiment a lot. Out of that, I whittled down the plan creation process to the steps below that you can follow to create a master plan for your eCommerce website:

#: Brainstorming ideas[/i]

Consider the type of content you will publish on your website. You can check other websites created by businesses like yours and note down the content they have and their layout —how they have arranged their pages.

Write down all the functions you want to have on your website regardless of how hard they might seem to accomplish right now. To brainstorm better and more effectively, seek input from everyone that will play a part in the creation and maintenance of the website. For instance, if you have a content or social media manager, they can be excellent sources of insight.

#: Clustering ideas into themes[i]

Once you have all your ideas for the website on paper, start sorting them into different clusters for related ideas, which will represent a page or subpage on your website. If some ideas don’t fit into any cluster, you should check if they are important enough to be on a page; if not, then set them aside for later consideration.

#: Creating a simple outline[/i]

Now that you have created clusters that you can use for pages of your site, the next step is to arrange the information in an outline-form that is easy to read, such as the one below:

Ensure that your site has a maximum of 5-7 primary pages that allow users to find the information they need quickly. Having a lean and fluid website also makes your site faster to load, which is great for search engine optimization.

#: Adding flesh to the document[i]

Add notes under each section of the outline you made above; the notes can be in the form of videos, links, images, text, or anything that reminds you of the information you will need during the website development process.

After creating a master plan for my website development process, I moved on to the next step: setting up a payment gateway:

Step 2: Set Up A Payment Gateway

Since I had experience with a payment gateway, I didn’t have trouble choosing one for my website: I used Paystack, a Nigerian-Based company. However, there are other options in Nigeria that you can choose from for your business.

When signing up for Paystack, you have two options: you can signup as a Corporation or as an Individual. Integrating Paystack into your system is free, but you will incur some charges for each transaction you make, the value of which will depend on the mode of payment.

Step 3: Find A Domain Name Provider

When registering my domain name, I chose to go for a Nigerian brand, WhoGohost, mainly because I could not pay for popular brands like GoDaddy because of PayPal restrictions problems in Nigeria.

After choosing a domain name provider, I had to consider —and you should consider—— a few other things before I could purchase the actual domain name. They included:

#: Use a .com extension[/i]

Most domain name providers offer domain name extensions such as .ng, .org, .net, .info, .co.uk, among others. As you research, you will notice that some of the extensions are cheap, while others are expensive.

You should consider going for a .com domain extension because it does not restrict the flow of visitors to your website, which is what other country-specific domains do.

For example, if you go with a .ng domain name, it’ll restrict your visibility to Nigeria, which is not ideal. If you can’t grab a .com domain name, go for a .net, or .org

#: Keep your domain name short and easy to remember[i]

When coming up with a domain name, for the best results in terms of branding and search engine optimization, keep it at least under ten letters but not more than 20 characters.

You should also use words that are easy for visitors to remember. For instance, Nigerianlibrary.com is easy for a visitor to remember than its shortened version, nglbrly.com.

Additionally, make sure the domain name you choose is simple to spell.

Avoid using words that are difficult to pronounce. For example, a domain name like Naijaaccommodationoptions.com is not ideal because some people tend to misspell some words —the word accommodation in this case—, which may land them on a different website altogether.

#: Ensure your domain name matches your niche[/i]

Your domain name should give the visitor a hint of what to expect even before they browse to your website. For instance, you should not use a domain such as ‘1234xyz.com’ for a fashion-based business just because it is easy to remember and short.

You should always come up with something that matches your specific niche.

#: Avoid including numbers and hyphens[i]

Domain names that have numbers or hyphens in them may be more available than single word domains, but they certainly do not arouse the same curiosity in visitors.

Instead of using a number or hyphen, try adding an extra letter, such as ‘S,’ to your domain name if you find the one you want already registered. For instance, if you tried to register the domain name hotpizza.com, instead of registering hot-pizza.com or 2hotpizza.com, you can try hotpizzas.com or hotpizzaz.com.

Once you have your domain name, the next thing you need to consider is a hosting plan:

To get the complete information on how you can build your own professional website, click this link - https://sanbrnks.com/checkout/?add-to-cart=2187 to get a full copy of my book - where I shared in details the rest of the steps you must take to build your professional looking website, and what you shouldn't spend money on (as they can be gotten for free). In the book, you will also get links to practical videos you can watch over and over again so you don't miss any step in the creation process of your website.

See you on the other side... wink

Here is the link once again - https://sanbrnks.com/checkout/?add-to-cart=2187

1 Share

Re: I Built My Professional E-commerce Website With Just N18,900 by onubizonline(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
Video Guide: How to Create a Verified PayPal Account in Nigeria That can Send and Receive Funds. New working method 100%
And the beauty of it all is that it is very easy and straight forward. You can use any browser, no “shitty VPN”, no proxy, no IP. Too good to be true “abi”

You will also be EXPOSED to how to transfer the PayPal funds received straight to your Nigerian bank account!!

Download the video guide below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S_oYCTk-GdWZYqxJSY6NCEqGu8m1ZE-7

Complete Guide: How To Open, Send And Receive PayPal Funds In Nigeria 2021
https://verifiednigerianpayepal./complete-guide/

Watch this YouTube Video explaining each step:
https://youtu.be/ggAdgVaPZXY

Whatsapp: wa/me/07035199394

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Help / Free Training for Webmasters / Do You Need A Website? Dont Miss This Great Opportunity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.