Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time (1109 Views)

LAUTECH: Nigeria Best State University in Pictures / Ajakaiye Daniel Oluwatobi: Governor Akeredolu Offers Employment To AAUA Best / Rochas Okorocha Gives AAUA Best Graduating Student N500,000 For Lunch. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by Gemid94(m): 12:26am On Aug 19, 2020
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State, for a second successive year, has been rated Best State University in Nigeria in the latest Webometrics Ranking of Universities globally.

The Webometrics Ranking, which placed AAUA the Best State University in Nigeria in the last year’s edition, has again rated the University as the Best State University and the 10th among Universities in the country in the just released 2020 ranking table.

Adekunle Ajasin University, which was rated 3048th globally in 2019, is now rated 2876th globally out of over 29,388 institutions ranked.

In reaction, the Principal Assistant Registrar, Information and Protocol, and Head of AAUA Radio 90.3 FM, Mr. Victor Akinpelumi, said he was not surprised by the rating, saying, “This is the fourth time in recent years that AAUA has achieved this feat.This year’s edition is more cheering because we have leaped globally.”

Details here>>> http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/aaua-mgt-reacts-to-recent-feat-as-the-best-state-varsity-in

1 Like

Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by NevetsIbot(m): 1:13am On Aug 19, 2020
You mean the same AAUA I school at??

That school??.. The best state university

Lol. I laugh
Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by edoairways: 2:07am On Aug 19, 2020
It is not necessary the best university. Don't let those web ranking deceive you
Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by Sheggy13(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:
You mean the same AAUA I school at??

That school??.. The best state university

Lol. I laugh
So which one is the best state University? In your mind, others are better, isn't? You're condemning your alma mater ahead of schools that you don't even know the challenges they have.
Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by Sheggy13(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2020
edoairways:
It is not necessary the best university. Don't let those web ranking deceive you
So tell us the best since you know better than those that did the ranking. The heading says best state University, not best University. There are 5 criteria used for webometric ranking - Presence (Public knowledge shared 5%), Visibility(Web-Contents Impact 50%), Transparency/Openness (Top cited researchers 10%) and Excellence/Scholar (Top cited papers 35%). Based on these, this school finished 10th overall in Nigeria and best State University.

1 Like

Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by NevetsIbot(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2020
Sheggy13:

So which one is the best state University? In your mind, others are better, isn't? You're condemning your alma mater ahead of schools that you don't even know the challenges they have.

That I am from a school doesn't mean I shouldn't talk realistically about things happening there... Frankly.. Adekunle Ajasin has not merited this feat.

Is it no the same Adekunle??

Academic calendar speed... They have.

Every other thing is a flop.... (infrastructure, planning, health care,)

Your male hostel is in the neighbouring town... No shuttle route passes by the health center, lecture theatres are spaced very far from each other. Administration never listens to the students.

I love AAUA but they ain't merited this yet.

1 Like

Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by Sheggy13(m): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

That I am from a school doesn't mean I shouldn't talk realistically about things happening there... Frankly.. Adekunle Ajasin has not merited this feat.

Is it no the same Adekunle??

Academic calendar speed... They have.

Every other thing is a flop.... (infrastructure, planning, health care,)

Your male hostel is in the neighbouring town... No shuttle route passes by the health center, lecture theatres are spaced very far from each other. Administration never listens to the students.

I love AAUA but they ain't merited this yet.
Ok, let me ask you.. Name other state Universities that you think merit this based on the criteria you just listed.
Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Sheggy13:

Ok, let me ask you.. Name other state Universities that you think merit this based on the criteria you just listed.
I love this your question grin

He is even complaining about lecture theater been far from each other, wetin make students wey attend a state university like OOU com talk grin

AAUA campus in akungba wey no too big.
Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by NevetsIbot(m): 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Sheggy13:

I don't know and I don't care... I've been to other schools and I know what's up... AAUA has not done much to be top the list in Nigeria..... 95% of all students will tell you that.

If you think she deserves it, well. That's your opinion and probably stemming from being satisfied with little things

Let's end this convo
Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by NevetsIbot(m): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
BabaOwen:
I love this your question grin

He is even complaining about lecture theater been far from each other, wetin make students wey attend a state university like OOU com talk grin

AAUA campus in akungba wey no too big.

Oga... Why dyu think I said planning??

From what I know.. In saner schools.. OAU for exam, students in the same department receive their lectures in theatres close to each other....

How will you have a lecture here and another lecture the next hour at a very far location with very few shuttle busses?..... I have someone at OOU and she complained of it too.... How is that reasonable planning?

Shuttles don't reach the health facility... And bikes are not allowed.. Y'all got to trek to health centers.

Does that sound reasonable to you??

If you're satisfied with poor treatment, I am not...

End of discussion.
Re: AAUA Best State University In Nigeria 2nd Time by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

Oga... Why dyu think I said planning??

From what I know.. In saner schools.. OAU for exam, students in the same department receive their lectures in theatres close to each other....

How will you have a lecture here and another lecture the next hour at a very far location with very few shuttle busses?..... I have someone at OOU and she complained of it too.... How is that reasonable planning?

Shuttles don't reach the health facility... And bikes are not allowed.. Y'all got to trek to health centers.

Does that sound reasonable to you??

If you're satisfied with poor treatment, I am not...

End of discussion.
I'm not a student of your school. I'm just saying, most students from other state universities are not having it good too

Most Nigeria state universities are mostly shitty.

And again, you're totally going off point
Check what Webometric rankings is base on. It has nothing to do with all what you're complaining about.

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Yoruba Woman Who Led A Revolution In 1844 To Free Slaves In Cuba / Uganda's Anti Gay Amendment: Proof That Africa Is Still A Colony Of The West / Universities With Most Campus Facilities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.