Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Flash Fiction: Mentally Unstable - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flash Fiction: Mentally Unstable (365 Views)

Nairaland Writers, How Are You Mentally? / The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) / Scared. A Flash Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flash Fiction: Mentally Unstable by pabon(m): 1:45am On Aug 19, 2020
So, I posted this on one of the social media platforms I frequent.
They didn't really know me much as a writer. Lemme see what you think about it.

Writing sprint
Time: ten minutes
Keywords: fly, rain, band

The rain fell while you ran into the market. Your heart panted because you didn't know what to do. The kids were home and the roofs were leaking. You ran like a mad man. You refused to acknowledge that the clouds were getting darker with every heavy pace you took.
You were only concerned about the kids you'd left at home. You could hear their cries already - cries for their mother.
As you past the stores selling the rubber buckets, spoons, bands and all things plastic, you thought to wait a little while. You thought the downpour would cease any moment. Yet, something wasn't right and you could feel it.
Then, you ran faster. You weren't sure how you were going to see the road with the rain pouring down so hard.
You didn't see the car come. In your mind, you already pictured yourself scooping Nėnė from off the floor. You'd comfort her and tell her all the sweet things she liked to hear.
The car driver wasn't at fault. He couldn't see clearly. He was in as much a hurry as you were. He didn't even realize he'd hit you until people came rushing.
You were unconscious. I think your spirit left immediately. You lay there. Not moving and not breathing. Like a fly beaten down suddenly from mama's age - worn broomstick.
Everyone thought they'd lost you.
You came back after ten minutes. However, you couldn't remember your name or why you are now in the ward for lunatics and the mentally unstable.

(1) (Reply)

The Gods Must Be Crazy / How Do I Publish A Novel In Nigeria / Amazries Stories: The Solicitor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.