Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye (323 Views)

If You Desire To Make Heaven, JESUS Christ Is The Only Option. / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye by ChristianFeeds: 5:58am On Aug 19, 2020
It is a great thing to be a disciple of Christ. It is however even much better to be a disciple and friend of Jesus at the same time.

In the course of His earthly ministry, Jesus began to develop a more intimate relationship with some of His disciples and he called them friends.

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.” – John 15:13-15

A classic example of a friend of Jesus is Lazarus. In John 11:11 Jesus said “…Our friend Lazarus sleepeth…” This level of intimacy was emphasized by John 11:35 which says “Jesus wept.”

The Lord God helped me to develop such an intimate relationship with Him that I began to...

continue from https://www.thechristianfeed.net/2020/08/open-heaven-jesus-circle-of-friends.html

Re: Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 6:07am On Aug 19, 2020
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.

5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.

6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
Re: Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

Kobojunkie, leave my GO alone na.. cheesy tongue. Hes not in your list of scribes and Pharisees Jesus Christ lashed those days o. smiley.
Re: Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Ride on Daddy.
Re: Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 6:32am On Aug 19, 2020
Brachaa:
Kobojunkie, leave my GO alone na.. cheesy tongue. Hes not in your list of scribes and Pharisees Jesus Christ lashed those days o. smiley.
Jesus Christ lashed out at Scribes,Pharisees, and MOGs... Teachers of the Law who were not chosen by God to Teach His people but assigned themselves as Teachers over His people anyways.

Your MOGs, your GO included, were never set up as Teachers over God's people... they were simply meant to Teach/Preach only that which Jesus Christ preached, instead, they have

1. Set themselves up as 'spiritual' leaders/authorities over Jesus Christ's flock

2. Spiritual 'Abbas over those they have been sent out to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God to

3. Planted themselves as go-betweens between God and His flock

4. Established themselves as teachers teaching doctrines and traditions different from what Jesus Christ taught them

5. To add insult to the pile, your GOs add rules/commandments to the set of rules that God has set up for His people to obey.

I can go on but the truth is, your GO and others like him exist in direct disobedience to the very commandments of Jesus Christ.So yes, he is one of those Jesus Christ was referring to when He warned us against such false prophets/teachers.
Re: Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ lashed out at Scribes,Pharisees, and MOGs... Teachers of the Law who were not chosen by God to Teach His people but assigned themselves as Teachers over His people anyways.

Your MOGs, your GO included, were never set up as Teachers over God's people... they were simply meant to Teach/Preach only that which Jesus Christ preached, instead, they have

1. Set themselves up as 'spiritual' leaders/authorities over Jesus Christ's flock

2. Spiritual 'Abbas over those they have been sent out to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God to

3. Planted themselves as go-betweens between God and His flock

4. Established themselves as teachers teaching doctrines and traditions different from what Jesus Christ taught them

5. To add insult to the pile, your GOs add rules/commandments to the set of rules that God has set up for His people to obey.

I can go on but the truth is, your GO and others like him exist in direct disobedience to the very commandments of Jesus Christ.So yes, he is one of those Jesus Christ was referring to when He warned us against such false prophets/teachers.

And how did you know it was not God that chose them?

Who told you they made themselves all those things you listed above over Christs flock?

At least whatever it is they preach and teach is good. They dont preach evil.

Please go easy on them, biko.. smiley
Re: Open Heaven: Jesus’ Circle Of Friends – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Brachaa:
And how did you know it was not God that chose them?
Who told you they made themselves all those things you listed above over Christs flock?
At least whatever it is they preach and teach is good. They dont preach evil.
Please go easy on them, biko.. smiley
There is no mystery to anything I have said about what these men do. If you do not know the commandments of the one you claim to serve, I suggest you please go spend time reading up on what He said... Starting with the gospel of Matthew, you can read through it as you would any book, to get caught up on what Jesus Christ Himself commanded of us all, and compare that to what I have stated against these men.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Understand By Praying In The Holy Ghost? / Pastor Ibiyeomie – Why Are You Insulting Broadcasters? / Arise Nigeria Project 720 Is A Divine Instruction From God - Project Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.