Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 21 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 21 (269 Views)

PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 20 / PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 19 / PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PAULINA... A Life With A Difference Eps 21 by graceola001(f): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2020
PAULINA... A Life With A Difference
© OLAYEMI GRACE

EPISODE TWENTY-ONE
After his friends left, Paul engaged Daniel in a serious conversation to make him do their bidding.

“Daniel, you know I’m a child of God right? And I can never mislead you,” he started.

Daniel had always looked up to Paul and he admired everything about him and he was not sure if he knew what his mentor was driving at by those questions.

“I know sir,” he said.

“Do you know what the bible says about women in the church?” He asked him.

“Not really,” Daniel answered.

“Let me tell you,” he said and took his bible and opened to 1Timothy 2:11-12 “Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.”

He read it and asked Daniel to explain what the passage meant but Daniel just mumbled things together since he was still a baby Christian and had little knowledge of bible interpretation.

“Let me help you, the passage is saying that a woman should not be the leader of a church where there are able men and any woman doing that is committing sin,” he said and watched out for Daniel’s reaction and when he saw that he was buying it, he continued.

“Nowadays because of the degradation and lack of respect for the word of God we have a lot of women parading themselves as ministers of God but I want to tell you that they are all in the wrong.”

Daniel was intrigued by Paul’s assertions and said he had never seen it that way before and Paul was pleased that he was making progress.

“Do you know that that same wrong thing is about to happen in our fellowship?” He asked and Daniel shook his head to indicate that he didn’t know.

“That evil would soon happen but I want you to help in stopping it,” he said.

“How?” Daniel asked.

“You know in the bible when the Israelites were committing whoredom with the Midianites and the wrath of God was upon them. A man called Phinehas was angry and he used a javelin to kill a man and a woman making out in the tent and that was how the anger of God was pacified. You see, God judges our intentions and when we do things that human might say is wrong with the right intention then we would be at peace with God.”

Daniel listened with rapt attention. He always enjoyed spending time with Paul, his mentor, who was fond of relating the bible to every discussion they had and that was one of the things that he admired about him.

“What do I have to do?” Daniel asked and Paul explained everything to him and even though something in Daniel told him what his mentor suggested was wrong and it would not please God but he was convinced with the words of Paul that intention mattered most in all we do. He discarded the feeling and agreeded to help them put an end to the wrong that was about to happen.

“As Christians we are to be careful of whom we look up to as spiritual leaders and mentors. More so, the Holy Spirit should be our ultimate guide and mentor any day, anytime. Because a man can fall and if your spiritual life is being mentored by a man without the supervision of God you might fall along with such leader. A mentor can mislead but the Holy Spirit can’t.”
The story continues!

This is where the posting of the free episodes of this book will end. The book is available on okada books at a subsidized price of ₦300. The initial price of the book was ₦500 but it would be available at a cheaper rate from now till 31st of August. You can just type the title of the story on Google to get it or send me a DM to get the link to the site.

Thank you all for reading through and patiently following through. God bless you!

Thanks for taking out time to read through this series. Feel free to share with others but don't edit out the author's details. God bless you!
www.okadabooks.com/user/Graceolayemi
To read the whole story

(1) (Reply)

SHlTHOLE IN A SHlTHOLE / Amazon Product Review Writer Needed / Get Soft Copy(pdf) Of Any Book You Desire (motivational/educational/--varieties)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.