Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians (726 Views)

URGENT: I Need The Responses Of Mature Holy-ghost-filled Christians!! / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Names Of False Prophets In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by yommyuk: 12:34am On Feb 17, 2011
In the bible, 1 Kings 13:1-24 gives an account of an unnamed man of God who denounced King Jeroboam's false altar at Bethel by emphasizing the authority of God's word. The Lord gave specific instructions to him not to eat/drink and not to return to Judah by the same way he came. We are told that unfortunately he was later led astray by an older MOG who clearly lied about receiving God's message thru an angel. He knew that what the Old MOG asked was contrary to the Lord's instructions. His punishment was to be killed by a Lion.

Where did this young prophet go wrong? What can we learnt from his disobedience?

Christians must learn, first and foremost, to follow the will of the Lord (not the will of others) for their lives! Guidance from the Lord comes in a number of ways, including the counsel of older Christians. But as we've seen, it is possible for older believers to give guidance that looks like it might be from the Lord, but is not from the Lord!

If you are a younger Christian, be wary of counsel from an older Christian who says, "The Lord told me" what you should or should not do. This kind of advice could be a well-intended mistake--or it could be manipulation! In fact, be on the alert for danger when any Christian tries to direct you with a "the Lord told me" statement! The best advice for all believers is to evaluate what you believe the Lord is directing you to do, then let the Lord confirm His will in a number of different ways-->>including the counsel of many believers! Carefully select the older believers (plural!) that you consult. Make sure that these believers are living Christ-honoring lifestyles, and have a good knowledge of the Word of God.

The tale of two prophets is not an easy Bible story to understand. However, with a little meditation and reflection we can appreciate this portion of God's Word. Like all of Scripture, the tale of two prophets has valuable lessons for Christians today.

Apostle Paul knew the seriousness and damage of misleading a Christian can cause. That why he swore in Galatians 1:8-9

"Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel of heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. I say again what we said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

Mature Christians, Beware ! sad

God bless wink
Re: Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by Nobody: 3:18am On Feb 17, 2011
most times i find many of these things are self evident but maybe that's just me and i shouldnt expect the same of others who do not see things the way i see them.

"the lord told me" is no reason to jettison common sense, imo.

more often than not, that phrase is abused by the speaker.

of course some will find my post offensive.

shrugs.
Re: Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by KDK(m): 10:52am On Feb 17, 2011
Lol@ Tpiah, where God is, no need to use common sense.

@ Yommyuk, I agree with u and i totally appreciate ur maturity. Like a pastor friend of mine once said, Beware of the scars of a general.
Re: Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by LoveKing(m): 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
We all grew up to be adults and accepted what we know is truth to each of us. Then why would you force yours on me? Leave me let me follow my truth. If you dont accept it go to HELL.
Re: Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2011
That is why a 'mature' christian like yommyuk wil advise us to continue practising the obsolete mosaic laws
Re: Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by KunleOshob(m): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2011
^^^
Yesoh! Including the fraudulent, twisted and manipulated doctrine of mordern day tithe which does not even have any semblance to the outdated biblical one.
Re: Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kdk there is very much a need to use common sense both within the church and without it.
Re: Beware Of False Guidance of Mature Xtians by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2011
Using common sense doesnt necessarily indicate a lack of faith in God.

(1) (Reply)

The Good Thing About This Friday / A Form Of Godliness Denying The Power / What Does The Bible Say About The Prosperity Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.