Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag (55877 Views)

Boko Haram Takes Over Yobe Police Station, Set Operational Vehicles Ablaze - SR / Boko Haram 'Takes Over' Michik In Adamawa - Sahara Reporters / 700 Soldiers Missing, 2,000 Trapped As Boko Haram Takes Over Baga - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by israelmao(m): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Buhari should keep on romancing with his failed service chiefs.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Nicepoker(m): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
These ones have not repented yet. Useless government grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Reference(m): 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
Yankee101:
You countered and answered yourself. So it's not impossible. You don't recapture a place a lose it in 2 weeks, someone's not doing their job (it dosen't necessarily mean foot soldiers)

I am only telling you what you want to hear and on a public forum like this it will be inappropriate not be politically correct (aka 'patriotic'). You take what you want from my response but I have given enough hints to paint a realistic picture about what unconventional warfare is all about.

Nations with far longer experience, far superior military forces struggle against radical ideologist driven groups and you think it wil be a walk in the park for Nigeria?...

Of course it is all our prayers for it to end asap but we must face the facts. It is not easy. What I find anusing is how a lot of folks just assume it is not over because the military is imcompetent or are complicit.

Then ask me why after battling crime since independence we still have cases of robbery, kidnappings, etc. The police cannot stop crime but can only contain it. What makes for low or zero crime is not only law enforcement but a combination of socio-economic, educational, cultural balances.

What will end this war is beyond what rhe military alone is equiped to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by supercase1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
Commentor:
Sahara Reporters and lies.

Where are the photos?
Typical afonja/hausa man grin not surprised grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by yaki84: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
baliyubla:
“Bepour we came on bord in 2015, Boko Haram were okwufying territories, but now ze are not Okwufying any, as we have suckceded in fushing zem to za banduriz of lake chad Bazin and ze only attack soft targets.” Mohamaddu Buhari.

What a disaster the Lifeless dullard turned out to be.
Hate spitch

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by swiperthefox: 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
badoh:
You see why we need a robust and substantial number of opposition lawmakers in the National Assembly. Honestly, if this were to be in place, this man would have been put under check. If you cannot replace the service chiefs who are perceived as incompetent, then you as the C in C should be summoned by the National Assembly to provide status on the worsening security situation in the country. They should give him 3 months to arrest the situation and if there's no improvement, impeachment proceedings should be instituted against him. Please what is now the difference between this man and good luck Jonathan. A whole Retired Major General dropping the ball.
Goodluck Jonathan actually did a better job than this. This is by far the worst Northerners have experienced. Every day, deaths and chaos. Yet Billions of dollars have been spent but yet no change. Any way, how can there be progress when captured Boko Haram Terroists have all being released and reintegrated to go back and kill. People that did far less crime and languishing in jail but people that killed thousands of people are walking free. Where is the justice and fairness?
The international community should come to our aid. No country has ever released their terroist except this clueless country.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by OpinionCounts(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
Reference:

How many places can you hold at once. It is logistically impossible to hold every square kilometre of the northeast. That will cost tens of thousands of men and consume unbelievable resources.

They can only use intel to anticipate the potential strike points so as to move men and ordnance there on time.

Technology such as drone and satellite observations can be employed but you have to know what you are looking for or what you are looking at in real time.

These fellows look like the average Joe. In the day the likely hide weapons close to their targets. Weapons they have moved overnight when air surveillance is non functional.

It is a very hard war to prosecute. The military has its inadequacies but they are doing a very good job. I am sorry Nigerians but this thing doesn't have a military only solution. Fundamentalist driven conflicts is now a global industry. They have access to a lot of resources worldwide.

Nigerians just love to speak too much irrelevant grammar, maybe just to show that we know how to speak English..... this same bokoharam terrorists where almost wiped into extinction by the Chadian army just within 1week of well thought-out, well planned, well coordinated and full blown attack right here in Nigerians territory, not in Chadian territory oo, that even led to the capture of hundreds of thesame bokoharam terrorists that the Nigerian government has now released back into the society claiming they are now repentant and holy citizens...there was no long story, no long talks and excuses, no media propaganda, just a single directive from a serious minded president that values the life of his people to the Chadian army chief, that's all...But the so called giant of Africa will start loading your ears with the biography of asymmetric warfare and how it is impossible to win it...we have a long way to go in this country...we are in dear need of serious minded and intelligent leaders in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Nchenches: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
To send Boko Haram packing from the Northeast states of Nigeria, let the Northeast States RENOUNCE ADOPTION OF ISLAMIC SHARIA CRIMINAL LAWS, RAISE THEIR OWN LOCAL FORCE THAT SHALL NOT TAKE ORDERS FROM FULANI-CONTROLLED AREMED FORCES OF NIGERIA.

Practical solution.

Fulani led by former Zamfara state governor, Sani Yerima, did not consult rest of Nigeria before they adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal laws in 1999.

Boko Haram emerged shortly after and says it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Sharia criminal laws.

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Chatflick:
He lived past the expectation of many undecided
Hahahaha. lol... funny u.
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Jlow2: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Its about time we beg chad and Niger to help us

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by sammysneh(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
Boko Haram has been defeated and all occupied territories have been reclaimed from them and secured.

These are some disgruntled elements of the IPOB coming in from Lake Chad through Anambra State.
grin
Artiiclebeast:
Boko Haram has been defeated and all occupied territories have been reclaimed from them and secured.

These are some disgruntled elements of the IPOB coming in from Lake Chad through Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Nchenches: 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
A BBC Female Reporter in northern Nigeria asked then governor Sani Yerima in Zamfara state if he believed that Nigeria would remain one in future with his introduction of Islamic Sharia criminal justice system in northern Nigeria.

Yerima and his people of Sharia criminal laws thought they were slighting then President Olusegun Obasanjo who was a non Moslem.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Rilwayne001: 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
embarassed

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by wisest10: 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
baliyubla:
“Bepour we came on bord in 2015, Boko Haram were okwufying territories, but now ze are not Okwufying any, as we have suckceded in fushing zem to za banduriz of lake chad Bazin and ze only attack soft targets.” Mohamaddu Buhari.

Chad has flushed them back to us...guy your comment is on point

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Okwyjesus(m): 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lanka00:
am a single mother and that needs urgent help as my daughter is seriously sick and have not eaten for 3days,all i can afford is paracetamol which is not helping please help to buy her drug since i cant afford hospital as she is all i have and live for.
2104443109 uba.

Where is the father of your daughter?
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Ayt27(m): 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Reference:

Don't be ridiculous. Listen to this to straighten your head out.

Since 2001, 1.9 million American soldiers have served in Iraq and Afghanistan in 3 million tours of duty. According to the Cong.budg.office this has cost the American taxpayer somewhere about 2.4 trillion, TRILLION (if you didn't hear well) dollars which includes interest.

Which means they are obviously raising bonds (borrowing from the taxpayer) for men, machines, materials and munitions to chase the Taliban up and down the Khyber Pass...

Even Trump the money man who vowed to bring his troops home and end the carnage but as at this morning he still cannot do it. France has been in the lower Sahara battling militants there for the past 3 decades, no victor yet.

Chief. Assynetric warfare is a hard thing, a very hard thing to handle. Let me be realistic here. The best we may get is containment, a very costly war of containment. We better start seriously thinking of other non military options.

Yes you are correct and I may have been lazy with my assertions but you see, British Mercs have almost at one time wiped BH off during Johnathan's tenure. Their contract was terminated by Jonathan's govt for unknown reasons, you may have read about it too.

While 30 may not do the job, I'm confident it will do more damage than what we have now, remember also these guys are the top of the food chain in the military and there won't be internal sabotage or lack of weapons unlike in the Nigerian army.

Our boys can't finish BH off, the odds are stacked too much against them and one more thing, every sophisticated military intelligence in the world already know the location of BH, all those ones wey FG dey talk say sambisa big na wash.

These countries are just keeping their cards to themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Codes151(m): 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Borno citizens and government are jokers

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Pavillon: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
baliyubla:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i swaer, you got it right,

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by jojothaiv(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Favourchris:
Some paid group will still come out and thank buhari for restoring peace in borno.

Las las... Be we be our own problem
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Csymb(m): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
ALLAH YA ISA ZAI KUMA SAKA MANA
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Adegreen(m): 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
for Your industrial electrical panel of any kind...ATS, MOTOR CONTROL, VFD, BUS BAR, CONTROL PANEL,and trouble shooting you can contact Royal Mateen on 07084997385 at a very affordable price and we are ready to give you the best
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by XXXXTENTACION: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
Commentor:
Sahara Reporters and lies.

Where are the photos?
Why would sahara reporters lie against terrerorist

or do you support the terrorist ??

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Sunnyja: 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
GamalNasser:
Picture of the flag or ?
or you go there and hoist Nigeria's flag on the captured area.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by earnit3: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
really
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by seunayantokun(m): 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Boko Haram that Idriss Darby handsomely dealt with. Let them go to Chad and try that nonsense. Buratai, Elrufai, Buhari, etc how market?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Piroskeey: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lanka00:
am a single mother and that needs urgent help as my daughter is seriously sick and have not eaten for 3days,all i can afford is paracetamol which is not helping please help to buy her drug since i cant afford hospital as she is all i have and live for.
2104443109 uba.
you did not add your account number name
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by zoedew: 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
Better believe it when Buhari and his service chiefs say not an inch of Nigeria is occupied by Boko Haram!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Cherez: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lanka00:
2104443109 uba.
It's well
Hope it's not what I'm thinking
Most people do this in pretence
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by History555: 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
All these ipob terrorizing borno in order to paint sai baba bad will not succeed
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag by Cherez: 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
Reference:

Don't be ridiculous. Listen to this to straighten your head out.

Since 2001, 1.9 million American soldiers have served in Iraq and Afghanistan in 3 million tours of duty. According to the Cong.budg.office this has cost the American taxpayer somewhere about 2.4 trillion, TRILLION (if you didn't hear well) dollars which includes interest.

Which means they are obviously raising bonds (borrowing from the taxpayer) for men, machines, materials and munitions to chase the Taliban up and down the Khyber Pass...

Even Trump the money man who vowed to bring his troops home and end the carnage but as at this morning he still cannot do it. France has been in the lower Sahara battling militants there for the past 3 decades, no victor yet.

Chief. Assynetric warfare is a hard thing, a very hard thing to handle. Let me be realistic here. The best we may get is containment, a very costly war of containment. We better start seriously thinking of other non military options.

You're so wrong here
The US is fighting away from home, limited by diplomatic laws and as a foreigner in a land
BH operations has been proven over and over to outlive it's existence due to intel of the NA leaked always to BH
WHY are these terrorist groups not operating in the homelands of Europe, Asia, Africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo Rain Anger, Curses On Uwazuruike Over Kaduna Visit- News / 17 States That Might Make Buhari To Lose Presidential Election- Adedayo Ademuwag / "My Bills Are Getting Heavy" - Dino Melaye Cries Out In Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.