Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

MALI COUP: Colonel Assimi Goita Emerges Head Of Junta - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / MALI COUP: Colonel Assimi Goita Emerges Head Of Junta (247 Views)

Moment Mali President, Assimi Goïta Was Attacked By A Man With A Knife (Video) / Stabbing Attempt On Assimi Goita, Mali's Interim President / Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MALI COUP: Colonel Assimi Goita Emerges Head Of Junta by Medi17: 2:17am On Aug 20, 2020
Colonel Assimi Goita who served as an officer in the special forces unit of the Malian Armed Forces announced himself on Wednesday as the coup leader who overthrew President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita.

“Let me introduce myself, I am colonel Assimi Goita, chairman of the National Committee for the salvation of the People,” he said after meeting top civil servants.

The colonel had appeared among a group of officers seen on television overnight Tuesday-Wednesday to announce the takeover, but did not speak.

Junta leaders meanwhile called on the public to return to normal life, warned against acts of “vandalism” and threatened to punish any soldier found guilty of extortion.

But they made no reference to the detained political leaders or their whereabouts.

https://wadr.org/home/index.php?p=highlight&lang=en&auth_=1669

(1) (Reply)

USA 2020: Donald Trump Counters Joe Biden / See The Drug President Trump Is Being Treated With / China Starts Once-A-Decade Census Of World’s Largest Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.