Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies (1059 Views)

Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' / Bayern Munich Star, Davies Uses Picture Of Messi Helping Him Up As Wallpaper / Alphonso Davies: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Bit Upset (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by GreenAgain: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2020
The full-back saw his request denied after his side's 8-2 demolition of Barcelona last week
Bayern Munich left-back Alphonso Davies said Lionel Messi denied his request for his shirt after last week's 8-2 demolition in the Champions League quarter-final.
Davies and his Bayern Munich team-mates beat Lyon 3-0 at Estadio Jose Alvalade on Wednesday in the semi-final, reaching the final against PSG.
Serge Gnabry grabbed a first-half double and the prolific Robert Lewandowski nodded in his 55th goal of a staggering season to put Lyon out of their misery late on.
It followed an astonishing win over Barcelona in the quarter-final, where the only blot on a fabulous evening for Davies came when he failed to claim Messi's famous number 10 jersey as a souvenir afterwards.
"I asked for it but I think he was a little bit upset," the left-back told BT Sport. "It's OK, next time hopefully."
Messi's frustration was understandable after Barcelona finished the 2019-20 season without a trophy, casting doubt on the 33-year-old's future with the club.
Reports have suggested that Messi could be looking for a way out of Camp Nou as his contract enters its final year.
New Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman has said that he plans to sit down and talk with Messi, expressing his hope that he can work alongside the Argentinian star for years to come.
"I don't know if I have to convince Messi or not," Koeman said on Wednesday. "You want to have the best in the world in your team, not the opposite.
"I want to work with Messi. He wins you games and, if he provides the performances he has always shown, I'll be happy if he wants to stay.
"He has a contract. I have to talk to him, because he is the captain of the team. We are going to work and talk with several players. And in the case of Messi, I hope that he will be here for many more years.
"What I talk to Messi, there are private things between player and coach. We will talk about what he thinks of Barcelona and then I will make decisions."
Koeman took over from Quique Setien, who was sacked in the aftermath of the heavy defeat to Bayern. Technical manager Eric Abidal was also shown the door.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/bayern-star-davies-i-wanted-messis-shirt-but-he-was-a-little-bit-/tljs2hj0258p1tugzpk3mskqi
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by bernard1000001(m): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2020
k
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by zikcash(m): 7:16am On Aug 20, 2020
He pain am!!!!!!!!!........to be sincere he was very very upset.....don't shuga coat it.....u can't receive dat kind of beating and be a little upset

1 Like

Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by Nbotee(m): 7:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Why wouldn't he b upset?? Afta embarassing his team U expected him to give U a hug and pat u on d back?
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by ojaysam25(m): 7:19am On Aug 20, 2020
Wickedness....After you beat am messilessly you wan still collect he jersey...
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by swiz123(m): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2020
grin

Like say this boy dey mad ni
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by StandardJohn(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2020
I heard Davies and that zirkzee guy are Nigerians...Rohr should do the needful.
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by robinso01(m): 7:32am On Aug 20, 2020
Davies is even wicked, how can you beat someone like that and still has gut to collect his jersey. I 8-2 see such.
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by robinso01(m): 7:33am On Aug 20, 2020
StandardJohn:
I heard Davies and that zirkzee guy are Nigerians...Rohr should do the needful.

Davies is Ghanaian, but already playing for Canada.
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by StandardJohn(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2020
robinso01:

Thanks man
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by gangstarmonk(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2020
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by robinso01(m): 7:43am On Aug 20, 2020
StandardJohn:

Thanks man
Welcome
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by kenzysmith: 7:52am On Aug 20, 2020
kthis guy na bad guy after flogging someone like thief u still still dey beg am for busciut this guy can never make heaven

1 Like

Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by Vyzz: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2020
cool
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by osemoses1234(m): 7:57am On Aug 20, 2020
I swear I 8 2 hear this kind of news
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by temi1290: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2020
robinso01:

StandardJohn:

Thanks man
robinso01:

He is actually from Libaria,was born in a refugee camp in Ghana after his parent escaped Libaria because of war, later moved to Canada with his parent at age 2 to seek asylum, joined a local football team in his neighborhood and the rest became history.

You can watch the documentary on YouTube,just type 'Alphonso Davies,the story'.

1 Like

Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by LukasPodolski: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2020
robinso01:

Davies is a Liberian.

But born in Ghana refugee camp when his parents fled Liberia during the civil war.
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by crossfm: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2020
This boy is a legend.How can you beat somebody 8 goals to 2 and still went ahead to ask for his shirt grin grin.Only legends can pull this type of stun.
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by paulolee(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2020
this davis guy sounds too funny....Y wont he be upset? after such a humiliating beating you expect him to keep smiling and swap jerseys with you abi?? so after the a swapping and showing those fake smiles and pretens the media would still blast him for doing such because thats a big slap to the fans..
they was an EPL game dt van persie was guilty of same, he lost to his old team and swapped jersey while smiling and sharing hugs and kisses with his old pals and his fans blasted him soo much for such action...dt game was just a loss and not a humiliation like dt of barca, davis would have known better before thinking abt asking him..
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by paulolee(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2020
zikcash:
He pain am!!!!!!!!!........to be sincere he was very very upset.....don't shuga coat it.....u can't receive dat kind of beating and be a little upset
yes its normal for him to be upset, he is a human and you dnt expect messi to even think about swapping shirts after such beating, dt davis gee would have known better before thinking such
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by robinso01(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2020
temi1290:

He is actually from Libaria,was born in a refugee camp in Ghana after his parent escaped Libaria because of war, later moved to Canada with his parent at age 2 to seek asylum, joined a local football team in his neighborhood and the rest became history.

Thanks for the info
LukasPodolski:

Davies is a Liberian.

But born in Ghana refugee camp when his parents fled Liberia during the civil war.
temi1290:

Thanks for the info
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by temi1290: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
robinso01:

Thanks for the info
Thanks for the info

u welcome bro, what are brothers for
Re: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Upset, Says Bayern Star Davies by robinso01(m): 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
temi1290:

u welcome bro, what are brothers for
Getting each other's back

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ten Modern Day Players Inspired By Cristiano Ronaldo / Meet The Us Born Nigerian Boxer Making Us Proud In Us / Liverpool's Sadio Mane Spotted Riding Okada (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.