Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop (1093 Views)

Urgent! I Formatted My Laptop! Can I Ever Recover The Files?! / My Flash Is Broken. Please Is There Any Way I Can Recover The Files From It? / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop by darkknightza: 9:41am On Feb 17, 2011
This guide will show you how to recover the data of a dead laptop , since it stopped functioning for another thing that a failure of the hard disk.

1 To unmount the hard disk

The first stage is to unmount the hard disk (seek on the site of the manufacturer or on the net for the service manual of your notebook). Generally it is an easy and simple operation.

2 To recover the data

There is much way of recovering the data of a laptop hard disk, the simplest way is to connect your hard disk to another PC.

With this intention you must use either a 2.5' ' usb or firewire drive enclosure or a laptop hard drive adaptor kit 2.5 to 3.5 inch IDE hdd. Once connected simply copy the data of your laptop hard disk towards your PC.

3 Damaged or unreadable data

In this case you must use a tool as Unstoppable Copier. It is a tool which makes it possible to read the data of a damaged disc, if it encounters a file it cannot copy, the file will be skipped and copying will continue.

4 Case of a very damaged hard disk

In this case it is necessary to use Ultimate boot Cd for Windows (tool that everyone should have) Firstly it should be checked that the data can be read using Explorer XP.Then launch Unstoppable Copier which is included in Ultimate Boot Cd, choose for example the source drive as C: which was the laptop hard disc and made E: the destination drive which is the hard disc on the desktop PC.
Re: How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop by obosirow: 2:08am On Feb 18, 2011
What do you do in the case of a physically crashed HDD??

(1) (Reply)

2 Weeks Old Nokia C3-01 Touch N Type For Sale N23,000 / JUST TALK AND LET YOUR COMPUTER TYPE FOR YOU / How To Download UC Browser On PC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.