Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City (692 Views)

Enugu Coal City - The Best City To Retire In Nigeria / Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose / FG moves to revive Enugu coal mines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Awesome6s: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2020
The recent conversion of the Forest Resserve adjacent to Michael Okpara Square at Independence Layout, Enugu, to a recreation park by the Government of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, has brought back fond memories of recreation and amusement parks that once existed in our Enugu Coal City.

This new recreation park, known as the “Unity Park”, with an artificial water pond, relaxation seats, artworks and a monumental roaring lion of about 30 feet high and 60 feet wide, still under construction, would unarguably, in no distant time, become tourists’ attraction, which would be drawing people from both far and wide to the Coal City.

We sincerely commend Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for this very thoughtful and excellent work.

Once upon a time, in the late 1970s and the early 1980s, there used to be a man named Mr. Dhamija, an Indian. He was the General Manager of the then Anambra State Housing Development Corporation. He had set out to inject new life into Enugu Coal City.

Mr. Dhamija was a restless man. He was also an environmentalist. Apart from establishing a number of housing estates in various parts of the state, in particular, the Trans Ekulu Housing Estate in Enugu, he also sought to set up a number of recreation and amusement parks, with beautiful scenery and relaxation spots, in different parts of the Coal City, in addition to mapping out some open spaces in the area.

Read More: https://www.crispng.com/the-return-of-recreation-parks-in-enugu-coal-city/

Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Dyke15(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2020
042 fine bt Ugwuanyi no fit am. He is too local for a state like Enugu

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Marine54(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2020
Dyke15:
042 fine bt Ugwuanyi no fit am. He is too local for a state like Enugu
in your own opinion !
Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Ulysses71: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2020
Marine54:
in your own opinion !
While I don't like how harsh he was, I think the guy you quoted has a point. Enugu was a million times better under Chime.

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Marine54(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2020
Ulysses71:

While I don't like how harsh he was, I think the guy you quoted has a point. Enugu was a million times better under Chime.
The guy i quoted said Enugu is fine! who beautify ,it's not his governor ! when i came back from United States to Enugu last December was please with what I saw. I am not Igbo, I was born and brought up in Enugu. I got my green card through US immigrants Visa lottery in Enugu. Enugu is blessed place , very peaceful..
Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by chukel(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Marine54:
The guy i quoted said Enugu is fine! who beautify ,it's not his governor ! when i came back from United States to Enugu last December was please with what I saw. I am not Igbo, I was born and brought up in Enugu. I got my green card through US immigrants Visa lottery in Enugu. Enugu is blessed place , very peaceful..
get your facts right. Also pay attention closely when people on ground talk. Everything fine that pleased you in enugu is courtesy of the previous administration led by Sullivan Chime. Ugwuanyi is just a waste pipe. Fact.
Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Dyke15(m): 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Marine54:
in your own opinion !
Oga na popular opinion in Enugu. Dnt try to defend dis man coz u re eating frm him jst to defend him
Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Dyke15(m): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
chukel:
get your facts right. Also pay attention closely when people on ground talk. Everything fine that pleased you in enugu is courtesy of the previous administration led by Sullivan Chime. Ugwuanyi is just a waste pipe. Fact.
God bless u broda mi. Leave d misguided entity to dey yarn Opata upandan
Re: The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City by Christyborn1(f): 2:33am On May 22, 2021
Please i want to know more about the US green card lottery. I was sent a mail today that my application has been accepted, although i applied 2017.

(1) (Reply)

LIVE: Funeral Service Of Late Charles Amaechi / PDP Making Efforts To Repeat Edo Victory In Ondo, Plans To Meet Mimiko, Others / EU Backs Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For WTO Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.