Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,268 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* (441 Views)

New Video Of Ebele Obiano And Bianca Ojukwu Shows What Really Happened / Governor Soludo Visits Chief Willie Obiano And Ebele Obiano (Photos) / Video Of Ebelechukwu Obiano And Bianca Ojukwu's Fight At Soludo’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by Paschal2806: 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
*GOVERNOR OBIANO AND NDI IGWE CRISIS:*
*The Genesis of the Problem?*
*What is Governor Obiano not telling Ndi Anambra or his Agenda?*

*....By Paschal Candle.*

In the Last two months, Anambra State has been in the news for different reasons. The suspension of Igwe Ukwulu, Igwe Peter Uyanwa and the recent one being the suspension of 12 Traditional Rulers from the State who accompanied Prince Engr Arthur Eze to Abuja to thank President Muhammad Buhari for his love and developmental strides in Anambra State and South East. And the latest plot now, which is to instigate some Protest against These Traditional Rulers, so that The Governor will have an excuse why he deposed such Monarchs.

According to Governor Obiano in his Letter of suspension said the 12 Traditional Rulers were suspended for not taking permission from him or seeking his approval before going to see Mr President. And for that reason, it is a gross misconduct and He is suspending them based on the recommendation of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council led by His Royal Majesty, Igwe Alfred Achebe, Obi of Onitsha.

One thing that has not occurred to the minds of Ndi Anambra, what brought about these suspensions and counter suspension. Let me first redirect our minds on how these issues started and at the end, please tell me if the Governor of Anambra State is not afraid of Obi of Onitsha or if Obi of Onitsha is doing the biddings of the Governor using Traditional Rulers Chairman as a cover-up, using the office of the Chairman to pursue Governor's agenda.

Let me ask, Is a Traditional Ruler supposed to play partisan Politics or support a Candidate in an Election? Supporting a Candidate or a Party for an election, is it not a gross misconduct on the part of the Traditional Ruler? So why is Governor Obiano didnt suspend Obi of Onitsha in this regard.

Let me bring our minds to what led this present crisis. This is because if we do not get to the remote causes of this crisis. We will not find a way out. Many of us are looking at the Immediate causes or why should these Monarchs go to Abuja to report The Governor, which is all lies and imagination of the those who are playing the Governor's card.

For an Igbo adage says, *"Onye na-amaro ebe Mmiri bidoro mmaba ya, agahi ama ebe mmiri noro kocha na -aru*, that is if you do not know where Rain started to beat you, you will not know where it dried up in your body.

If Ndi Anambra can remember very well, late Last Year, Obi of Onitsha by the virtue of His Position as Chairman of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council is a member of Anambra Elders Council, whose responsibility should have been non-political and non-partisan. But Anambra State Elders have turned themselves into a Political Arm of APGA Govenment.

Last year, The Obi of Onitsha, HRM Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe, a former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Chief Chuemeka Ezeife and other members of the Anambra Elders’ Council held a meeting under the name of the Council demanding the Anambra State Governor, Govenor Obiano should hand over the State to Prof. Chukwuma Soludo. As if that is not enough, they also commended Prof. Chukwuma Soludo’s vision for Anambra State.

They also approved that Anambra South Senatorial District should produce the next governor of the state in 2021. They stated this in a meeting held at Governor’s Lodge at Amawbia on that Wednesday night. Also, in statement by the Secretary to the Anambra State Government, Prof Solo Chukwudebelu, said the meeting was well attended. Where was these Elders in 2010, 2013 and 2017 when even Prof. Soludo himself rejected zoning, when he was approached to allow Mr Peter Obi to complete his tenure for 2nd term. Then he can come to contest. in 2013, He showed interest again, but was disqualified by APGA.

Also reecently, His Royal Majesty, Igwe Alfred Achebe under his Leadership as Chairman of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council held another meeting without consulting other Monarchs and issued a communique that the 2021 Governorship should be zoned to Anambra South. First their political game plan was to handover to Soludo who is incidentally is from Anambra South.

Many Traditional Rulers from Anambra North first issued a counter led by Igwe Igbariam that they were not part of the zoning agreement. Then Followed by Traditional Rulers from Anambra Central. That Zoning was not never discussed anywhere and Ndi Anambra Should go ahead and contest no matter the zone where the person comes from. I believe this counter statements from these Traditional Rulers didnt go down well with Governor Willie Obiano and his camp. Most especially Igwe Uyanwa Press Statement was tagged so many things and Governor then suspended Igwe Ukwulu on filmsy excuses that there were many petitions against him. I raised a lot of questions which was not answered till date by Governor Obiano's Mad dogs on social media.

On solidarity to what was done to Igwe Ukwulu for his stand against zoning, Many Traditional Rulers from different zones came to pay a solidarity to him. That Solidarity showed that all is not well in Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council. Some Traditional Rulers have constituted themselves into cabals.

Many Personalities from different parts of Anambra State were there in solidarity. Prince Engr Arthur Eze was among the first callers and in the presence of Ndi Igwes, He raised the issue of 5% that was constitutionally approved for Traditional Rulers and questioned why Governor Obiano is not paying that of Anambra State to the Traditional Rulers in the State.

He equally raised the issue of Local Government funds, what the money is being used for and also questioned why Governor Obiano did not want to conduct Local Government elections. Prince Engr Arthur Eze praised the Traditional Rulers for the roles they have been playing in maintaining peace and security in their different domains and begged them to accompany him in a private visit to President Muhammad Buhari, just to thank Him for the wonderful infrastructural developments in Anambra State and South East.

This revelations did not go down well with Anambra State Governor. Hence He unleashed his mad dogs to be insulting Anambra Traditional Rulers and Prince Engr Arthur Eze.

From these moments, Governor Obiano declared war on theses Traditional Rulers and Prince Engr Arthur Eze. I raised a lot of questions also then, one of which was why is it difficult for Governor to address the issues raised by Prince Engr Arthur Eze (Ozoigbondu). Why is he afraid of the visit to Aso Villa that Governor Obiano has to engage the services of Dr Chris Ngige to stop these Royal Fathers and Prince Engr Arthur Eze from the visit? All they can offer is to attack the Messenger instead of the message.

Back to the Crisis, my simple question is this. why is Governor didnt sanction Obi of Onitsha, when he ought to have been neutral on matters of Politics of the State than taking sides with Soludo and on the issue of zoning? Why didnt Obi Of Onitsha call for meeting of Traditional Rulers in 2010,2013,2017 to talk about Zoning then? Why trying to change the goal post in the middle of the game?

Is this not gross misconduct on the part of the Chairman of a body that is supposed to play a fatherly role in the affairs of the State? Why was Governor Obiano neutral and refused to take actions against the Chairman? Is Governor Obiano not a hypocrite? What is good for the Chairman, should also be good for the members. I am not here to talk about the legality of The suspension of these Traditional Rulers. It will not stand the test of time. It must be challenged in the law court. Until Governor Obiano suspend Obi of Onitsha,then will progressive and unbiased Ndi Anambra accept other suspensions.

*I still Remain Paschal Candle.*
Re: Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by Fabulousl0l(m): 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Paschal2806:

*....By Paschal Candle.*

In the Last two months, Anambra State has been in the news for different reasons. The suspension of Igwe Ukwulu, Igwe Peter Uyanwa and the recent one being the suspension of 12 Traditional Rulers from the State who accompanied Prince Engr Arthur Eze to Abuja to thank President Muhammad Buhari for his love and developmental strides in Anambra State and South East. And the latest plot now, which is to instigate some Protest against These Traditional Rulers, so that The Governor will have an excuse why he deposed such Monarchs.

According to Governor Obiano in his Letter of suspension said the 12 Traditional Rulers were suspended for not taking permission from him or seeking his approval before going to see Mr President. And for that reason, it is a gross misconduct and He is suspending them based on the recommendation of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council led by His Royal Majesty, Igwe Alfred Achebe, Obi of Onitsha.

One thing that has not occurred to the minds of Ndi Anambra, what brought about these suspensions and counter suspension. Let me first redirect our minds on how these issues started and at the end, please tell me if the Governor of Anambra State is not afraid of Obi of Onitsha or if Obi of Onitsha is doing the biddings of the Governor using Traditional Rulers Chairman as a cover-up, using the office of the Chairman to pursue Governor's agenda.

Let me ask, Is a Traditional Ruler supposed to play partisan Politics or support a Candidate in an Election? Supporting a Candidate or a Party for an election, is it not a gross misconduct on the part of the Traditional Ruler? So why is Governor Obiano didnt suspend Obi of Onitsha in this regard.

Let me bring our minds to what led this present crisis. This is because if we do not get to the remote causes of this crisis. We will not find a way out. Many of us are looking at the Immediate causes or why should these Monarchs go to Abuja to report The Governor, which is all lies and imagination of the those who are playing the Governor's card.

For an Igbo adage says, *"Onye na-amaro ebe Mmiri bidoro mmaba ya, agahi ama ebe mmiri noro kocha na -aru*, that is if you do not know where Rain started to beat you, you will not know where it dried up in your body.

If Ndi Anambra can remember very well, late Last Year, Obi of Onitsha by the virtue of His Position as Chairman of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council is a member of Anambra Elders Council, whose responsibility should have been non-political and non-partisan. But Anambra State Elders have turned themselves into a Political Arm of APGA Govenment.

Last year, The Obi of Onitsha, HRM Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe, a former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Chief Chuemeka Ezeife and other members of the Anambra Elders’ Council held a meeting under the name of the Council demanding the Anambra State Governor, Govenor Obiano should hand over the State to Prof. Chukwuma Soludo. As if that is not enough, they also commended Prof. Chukwuma Soludo’s vision for Anambra State.

They also approved that Anambra South Senatorial District should produce the next governor of the state in 2021. They stated this in a meeting held at Governor’s Lodge at Amawbia on that Wednesday night. Also, in statement by the Secretary to the Anambra State Government, Prof Solo Chukwudebelu, said the meeting was well attended. Where was these Elders in 2010, 2013 and 2017 when even Prof. Soludo himself rejected zoning, when he was approached to allow Mr Peter Obi to complete his tenure for 2nd term. Then he can come to contest. in 2013, He showed interest again, but was disqualified by APGA.

Also reecently, His Royal Majesty, Igwe Alfred Achebe under his Leadership as Chairman of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council held another meeting without consulting other Monarchs and issued a communique that the 2021 Governorship should be zoned to Anambra South. First their political game plan was to handover to Soludo who is incidentally is from Anambra South.

Many Traditional Rulers from Anambra North first issued a counter led by Igwe Igbariam that they were not part of the zoning agreement. Then Followed by Traditional Rulers from Anambra Central. That Zoning was not never discussed anywhere and Ndi Anambra Should go ahead and contest no matter the zone where the person comes from. I believe this counter statements from these Traditional Rulers didnt go down well with Governor Willie Obiano and his camp. Most especially Igwe Uyanwa Press Statement was tagged so many things and Governor then suspended Igwe Ukwulu on filmsy excuses that there were many petitions against him. I raised a lot of questions which was not answered till date by Governor Obiano's Mad dogs on social media.

On solidarity to what was done to Igwe Ukwulu for his stand against zoning, Many Traditional Rulers from different zones came to pay a solidarity to him. That Solidarity showed that all is not well in Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council. Some Traditional Rulers have constituted themselves into cabals.

Many Personalities from different parts of Anambra State were there in solidarity. Prince Engr Arthur Eze was among the first callers and in the presence of Ndi Igwes, He raised the issue of 5% that was constitutionally approved for Traditional Rulers and questioned why Governor Obiano is not paying that of Anambra State to the Traditional Rulers in the State.

He equally raised the issue of Local Government funds, what the money is being used for and also questioned why Governor Obiano did not want to conduct Local Government elections. Prince Engr Arthur Eze praised the Traditional Rulers for the roles they have been playing in maintaining peace and security in their different domains and begged them to accompany him in a private visit to President Muhammad Buhari, just to thank Him for the wonderful infrastructural developments in Anambra State and South East.

This revelations did not go down well with Anambra State Governor. Hence He unleashed his mad dogs to be insulting Anambra Traditional Rulers and Prince Engr Arthur Eze.

From these moments, Governor Obiano declared war on theses Traditional Rulers and Prince Engr Arthur Eze. I raised a lot of questions also then, one of which was why is it difficult for Governor to address the issues raised by Prince Engr Arthur Eze (Ozoigbondu). Why is he afraid of the visit to Aso Villa that Governor Obiano has to engage the services of Dr Chris Ngige to stop these Royal Fathers and Prince Engr Arthur Eze from the visit? All they can offer is to attack the Messenger instead of the message.

Back to the Crisis, my simple question is this. why is Governor didnt sanction Obi of Onitsha, when he ought to have been neutral on matters of Politics of the State than taking sides with Soludo and on the issue of zoning? Why didnt Obi Of Onitsha call for meeting of Traditional Rulers in 2010,2013,2017 to talk about Zoning then? Why trying to change the goal post in the middle of the game?

Is this not gross misconduct on the part of the Chairman of a body that is supposed to play a fatherly role in the affairs of the State? Why was Governor Obiano neutral and refused to take actions against the Chairman? Is Governor Obiano not a hypocrite? What is good for the Chairman, should also be good for the members. I am not here to talk about the legality of The suspension of these Traditional Rulers. It will not stand the test of time. It must be challenged in the law court. Until Governor Obiano suspend Obi of Onitsha,then will progressive and unbiased Ndi Anambra accept other suspensions.

Private visit? Didn't they inform Buhari before going?

Are you writing on behalf of the suspended Igwes?
Didn't governor have right to suspend them when they are guilty?
They accompany Arthur Eze to see Buhari, who who are they representing? Anambra traditional rulers?
Oh! Obiano and Ngige are now friends that he can send him to turn them back,imagine?
Re: Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by Paschal2806: 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
They seek for Presidential clearance. They should inform Mr President that they are coming.
What is the work of the Governor? Where in Law was it stated that they should seek Governor's approval before leaving the state?
I do not speak for the suspended traditonal rulers. I am only saying my mind here
Re: Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by calyx: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Anyone that is anything close to progressive understands that Chukwuma Soludo is the best human being to be the next governor of Anambra.

You can collect money from APC but don’t come here to spew nonsense. Both you and Arthur should know that Anambra LG elections is currently a matter of legal dispute.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
You were asking too many questions in the write up but provide only a few answers. Who do you expect to answer the questions me??

Till you answer them... it's none of my business.
Re: Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by Alawe(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
Paschal2806:

*....By Paschal Candle.*

This is a nonsense attack on the noble "King" Igwe Nnaemeka Echebe -the Obi of Onitsha. If you have any personal grouse with him, try to settle it and stop using this indirect and buffoonery means, you are not talking to kids.

He (The Governor) explained that the reason for the suspension of the 12 Igwes was because they went to visit the president without his approval and at the same time, you are enquirying why Iqwe Nmaemeka Echebe was not suspended for having a meeting with fellow members of the elders council. Was their meeting with the president? Does he (Igwe Echebe) need the governor's approval to have discussion with people or anyone he likes?

Again, you asked why did he not campaign for zoning in the previous years and why is he not neutral? Another nonsensical questions.
Re: Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by fykes(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
I patiently read everything u wrote hoping to glean from ur mind what direction u following . but alas..at the end...u are either a bad writer or a terrible story teller.
What u lack in those two however, u make up for with lots of emotion. The only thing that stands out is that you are emotional about the topic-whatever that is
Re: Governor Obiano And Ndi Igwe Crisis:* *the Genesis Of The Problem?* by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
the person that typed this shit... needs to receive sense from above

trash !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki, PDP Plotting Implication, Arrest Of APC Leaders Over Staged Kidnappings / Biafra: Why Nigeria Is A Failure - Ipob's Nnamdi Kanu / Shaibu’s Irredeemable Reputational Damage By Osagie Osunbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.