Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Google Maps Now Looks Better With New Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Maps Now Looks Better With New Update (1440 Views)

Google Maps App Crashes Globally, Leaves Users Frustrated / Man Calls Out Google Maps For Nearly Causing Problem In His Marriage / Lightweight Google Maps App Now Available For Download On Google Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Maps Now Looks Better With New Update by beejayvince(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Google Maps users get ready because Google just updated the service to a whole new level! If you’ve been using the app for some time now, you’ve probably experienced some issue. Some of these issues revolve around the colors of the maps not reflecting the color of the real world.

Although this issue doesn’t come into play when users use the satellite view option, the problem many users face is the misinformation provided by the colors.

An example of the issue stated above is the use of ‘green’ areas, which have been marked as parks sometimes not actually matching the environment. Google released an update of Google Maps on the 19th of this month, to help the app reflect environmental properties better.

The new update will display natural features closer to how they appear on satellite imagery, i.e. parks will be green, snowy mountaintops will be white, sandy deserts will be beigeish.

In the image below, you can see how Iceland’s landscape reflects its real world appearance adequately. Viewers can also see the greenery and beaches of Croatia’s coast and nearby islands.

Google attributed the success of the new coloring to its new color-mapping algorithm for its satellite imagery. The feature appears to be highly advanced, and effective, as the imagery can even distinguish between dense vegetation – say, a forest – patchier sections. The feature applies to all 220 countries and their territories, which are supported by Google Maps.

The company promises to roll out more features, and even better imagery as improvements continue. The update will come in handy for people seeking directions through unfamiliar cities.

Source: https://www.smartphonecamp.com/google-maps-now-looks-better-with-new-update/
Re: Google Maps Now Looks Better With New Update by DozieMartin: 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
I love the feature
Re: Google Maps Now Looks Better With New Update by Kunja2: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
I love the new feature. How can I make maps in my xiaomi phone work?

(1) (Reply)

MTN 20th Anniversary; MTN Surprises Customers With FREE 200MB & 5mins Free Call / My Tecno Phone Just Off By Its Self And Is Not Charging And Power On / Are Type C Earphones Better Than 3.5mm Earphones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.