Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? (353 Views)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer? / Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by Lukmanraji(m): 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello nairalanders,

I need your advice real quick. I got a job offer as a Relationship Officer (Marketing) from a microfinance Bank based in Lagos here. Job pay is 60k Gross monthly.

I am to report to the head office on Monday for submission of forms I was asked to fill and also get the necessary training.

Please, I need advice on the nature of this Job. Am considering of rejecting the offer because I don't have the strength of roaming around the streets looking for prospective customers.

Candid advise is needed from experts and experienced persons here. Thank you.
Re: Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
- so you applied for a job while not knowing what the job was all about?!
- do you have any other job (or monthly income) right now, to be rejecting offers?!

2 Likes

Re: Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by Lukmanraji(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
I have a computer class that I just started with a student and still expecting one or more student(s) in the coming weeks.

I actually need people's experience in this field. Am a B.Sc Graduate in Banking and Finance and awaiting service.

My dad is encouraging me to take it just to have experience in the banking industry but this is not the kind of experience I want.
Re: Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lukmanraji:
I have a computer class that I just started with a student and still expecting one or more student(s) in the coming weeks.

I actually need people's experience in this field. Am a B.Sc Graduate in Banking and Finance and awaiting service.

My dad is encouraging me to take it just to have experience in the banking industry but this is not the kind of experience I want.

well maybe you should tell us what you want 1st, then tell us what you are doing in order to get a job in the field that you desire.... and lastly, tell us whats more important to you right now (what your father wants or what YOU want?)
Re: Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by Lukmanraji(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

well maybe you should tell us what you want 1st, then tell us what you are doing in order to get a job in the field that you desire.... and lastly, tell us whats more important to you right now (what your father wants or what YOU want?)

I want to work in a corporate settings so as to add up to my Resume.

I had to venture into computer training for people since there is no opportunity in a corporate environment.
Re: Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lukmanraji:
I want to work in a corporate settings so as to add up to my Resume.

I had to venture into computer training for people since there is no opportunity in a corporate environment.

it all depend on what you define as CORPORATE ENVIRONMENT but also, why would you apply for any job that isnt corporate environment then (like the above)?

also, what does you parent/carer/guardian thinks about you turning down gainful employment?!

i would suggest you stick to computer training, if you can survive on it and believe you can definitely get something better than the above offered to you.
Re: Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by longetivity(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
This life no balance at all

1 Like

Re: Help! Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Reject It? by Lukmanraji(m): 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
What's your contribution?

(1) (Reply)

The Middle East- Another Great Destination For Healthcare Professionals To Live / Pension Dilemma / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala:train THE GIRL CHILD!!! |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.