Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Petition Calling On EFCC To Investigate Bola Tinubu Garners Mammoth Signatures - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Petition Calling On EFCC To Investigate Bola Tinubu Garners Mammoth Signatures (462 Views)

Akpabio: Reps Go Tough As Magu Shakes Presidency On Efcc’s Cars Bazaar / Update On EFCC Recruitment: 2020 / Different Types Of Signatures & What They Can Say About Your Personailty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petition Calling On EFCC To Investigate Bola Tinubu Garners Mammoth Signatures by celinajumbo11(f): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
A THREAD:

Click to sign the petition: http://chng.it/47LfHWwH

A petition calling on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to try National Leader of the All Progressive Congress has surprisingly garnered thousands of signatures within hours.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a bestselling author an activist, seeks to compel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commission Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalize economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Re: Petition Calling On EFCC To Investigate Bola Tinubu Garners Mammoth Signatures by ladididanlami(f): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
I have signed the petition and will not fold my arms and watch our country go down the drain while a few have their way... Tinubu should face the law and that is it
Re: Petition Calling On EFCC To Investigate Bola Tinubu Garners Mammoth Signatures by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Between yoruba and hausa who steal pass
Re: Petition Calling On EFCC To Investigate Bola Tinubu Garners Mammoth Signatures by Jeel: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2020
Watch as it gets a million signatures.

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo: Guess Who Just Died???? / Pheel Tune Ft Nasty Lee – Pepper Mi / Rev. Dr. David Ogbueli's Birthday Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.