Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria (415 Views)

Don't Be Deceived By Early Rains.... 2023 Onset Rainfall In Nigeria / Rainfall Has Been Poor In 2020. / FarmPally.com : Does Dis Early Rainfall Means A good Sign in Agric dis Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by recklesslove: 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Please when was the last time it rained in your area?
Re: Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by Mide3367: 7:00am On Aug 21, 2020
recklesslove:
Please when was the last time it rained in your area?
it last rained in lagos on first week of July. But that isn't affecting me at all as I have well on my farm grin
Re: Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by Giantfarmer(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2020
showers here last night in kogi
Re: Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by ikelords(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2020
It's rained last night in nnsuka and it's also raining there now too, it drizzled in owerri yesterday.
Re: Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by saliubello(m): 11:12am On Aug 21, 2020
The ceasation of rain can be attributed to "August break", that short period between two rain season peaks. Let's start anticipating the returns of the rains as from the 23rd of august, but the rains will most likely extend for long this year.

Lesson to learn is understanding the rainfall patterns of your area

1 Like

Re: Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by Giantfarmer(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
saliubello:
The ceasation of rain can be attributed to "August break", that short period between two rain season peaks. Let's start anticipating the returns of the rains as from the 23rd of august, but the rains will most likely extend for long this year.

Lesson to learn is understanding the rainfall patterns of your area
you think it's all about understanding rainfall patterns? rain stopped falling around 24/jul till yesterday that we saw rain again.thats almost a full month with no rainfall. hmmmm i think this is attributed to climate change cus it's strange and unusual ....
Re: Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by saliubello(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
Giantfarmer:
you think it's all about understanding rainfall patterns? rain stopped falling around 24/jul till yesterday that we saw rain again.thats almost a full month with no rainfall. hmmmm i think this is attributed to climate change cus it's strange and unusual ....
Read more here about the geography of Nigeria. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Nigeria , see paragraph 4, under climate types found in Nigeria. If you are within the southern part of Nigeria, you should acknowledge the "cessation of rain in the august window".

There could be other factors contributing, but it is just what it is. The rains will start again shortly.

1 Like

Re: Rainfall Monitoring In Nigeria by recklesslove: 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
Luckily it rained today. Glory to God

(1) (Reply)

1000ha Agricultural Land For Sale@350k/ha, Nasarawa State / The Misconception We Had About Tilapia Farming, That Must Changed In 2021 / Matured Turkey For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.