Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:56 AM

US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet (1784 Views)

See What My Daughter Discovered In Her Step Mum's Phone Last Night / My Step Mum (note: long ass post, please read) / Young Girl Tied Upside Down, Tortured On Witchcraft Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Explorers(m): 5:17am On Aug 21, 2020
*. She was found floating, face down, hands tied in the water.

A father and stepmother from Minnesota have been charged with murder in relation to the death of the man's eight-year-old daughter, after she was allegedly tied up in a sleeping bag for wetting herself.

Autumn Hallow's body was found severely emaciated after police in Elk River, Minnesota responded to a call last Thursday at around 3.45 p.m. about a girl who was found unresponsive in a bathtub, police said.

According to the Sherburne County Sheriff's Office, upon arrival at a complex on the south side of Elk River, officers found Autumn's stepmother Sarah Hallow, 28, performing chest compressions on the girl, who officers said appeared 'extremely frail and thin.'

Attempts to revive the girl were unsuccessful, and Autumn was pronounced dead at the scene.

She weighed just 45 pounds at the time of her death.

Investigators said she had likely been dead for some time before police received the call, based on the condition her body.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8646571/Parents-accused-tying-Minnesota-girl-eight-sleeping-bag-punishment-charged-murder.html?ito=social-facebook

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Explorers(m): 5:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Sarah Hallow and father Brett Hallow were both arrested the following day, and charged with one count of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter on Monday.

The pair are being held without bond.

The criminal complaint states that responding officers noticed that Autumn was 'extremely frail and thin,' and despite Sarah Hallow allegedly claiming that she had found Autumn face down in the bathtub water that day, officers also said that her skin was dry and her hair was damp when they found her.

The complaint also states that Sarah Hallow told officers that Autumn said she was going to take a shower, but when she went to check on the eight-year-old 40 minutes later, she found her face down in the water.

However, Autumn also had cuts and marks on her forehead as well as multiple bruises, and her fingers were blue when officers found her, police said. An autopsy report found head trauma, and said she likely died from asphyxiation.

Documents also alleged Autumn was punished if she tried to get food, urinated on the floor or in her clothes.

The couple also have a 10-year-old daughter who told investigators Autumn would be tied up to prevent her from accessing medications.

2 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Explorers(m): 5:18am On Aug 21, 2020
The Hallow's six-year-old son and Sarah Hallow's 10 year-old daughter were interviewed by investigators, and both accused their parents of being abusive towards Autumn (pictured).

The six-year-old said his parents had used a brown belt to tie up Autumn and put her in a red sleeping bag, which they would move to different rooms or the bathtub.

He said they would tie her up any time she misbehaved or urinated in her clothes.

The complaint also says that their son heard a large bang coming from the bathroom the same morning Autumn was found dead, when Sarah and Brett were in the bathroom with Autumn.

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Temitopemo6e6(m): 5:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Every mallam with em own kettle,every aboki with em own radio. this word no balance. Woman worst nightmare is to drop your child for step mother or father

Why the woman come hold face like Kilishi wen no dry well?

1 Like

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Explorers(m): 5:22am On Aug 21, 2020
Autumn with her biological mother, Kelsey Kruse.

Autumn's biological mother, Kelsey Kruse said that the couple had not allowed her to see her daughter for several months out of concern of the coronavirus, and that she was well the last time she saw her.

Mad, crazy people everywhere.

God will not let us leave our kids to strangers.

RIP little one.

10 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by pyyxxaro: 5:25am On Aug 21, 2020
Explorers don come with news

Nor be all those useless BBN story when all those Mod de push come front page.

Pastor Righteousness89 abeg come help us pray for Mr Explorers cool

5 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Explorers(m): 5:30am On Aug 21, 2020
pyyxxaro:

Sad story bro.
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by longetivity(m): 5:31am On Aug 21, 2020
Evil people
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 21, 2020
In Nigeria, mad folks go about naked or with dirty tattered clothes but in America, mad people appear normal with neat clothes and this case provides an opportunity to identify them.

RIP little sweetie. cry

3 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by uchman(m): 5:38am On Aug 21, 2020
Jealousy from the step mum, seeing how divinely beautiful Autumn is...
The father na mumuish SIMPlified nyash for conspiring against such a beautiful Angel with sweet smile...

They should be ready to be haunted by a beautiful baby ghost, all their life...
Mumu people!
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Ishilove: 5:41am On Aug 21, 2020
How anyone can be cruel to a child just boggles my mind. I will never be able to understand. NEVER

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by rentAcock(m): 5:45am On Aug 21, 2020
I'm so grateful for my parents. I wet the bed until 18yrs old and they never disowned me.

4 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by tendyjohn(m): 6:17am On Aug 21, 2020
Wickedness at its best, how could someone hurt a child? embarassed

RIP little angel

1 Like

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by sisisioge: 6:34am On Aug 21, 2020
Oluwa Olorun Aanu! It is well!

How are people able to be abusive to other people way smaller than them, especially children! She was a very under developed child fa….. May God rest her well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Unnerve: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2020
Sad, sad, sad...

Mistreatment/abuse of children is not particular with any race. A person must really hate the colour of their skin to believe it's only black people who do stuff like this.

Step-mother syndrome.

4 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Righteousness89(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2020
In these Endtimes, all forms of atrocities are Possible.

As the Days goes by what we Witness is Inquity upon Inquity! Wickedness upon Wickedness..

You might be Quick to Condemn them but the Truth is anyone who Does not Genuinely Have Jesus Christ in him/her has the Capacity to do the Same or Even More.

The Heart of a Man/ Woman is Naturally Wicked! It takes a Heart Washed and Regenerated by the Blood of Jesus for one to be Clean..

4 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by PrincessB1(f): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2020
Just because of bed wetting.
Man inhumanity to man.

If the poor little girl was with her biological mum, I'm sure this wouldn't happen.

So sad sad

1 Like

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Explorers(m): 7:37am On Aug 21, 2020
PrincessB1:

If the poor little girl was with her biological mum, I'm sure this wouldn't happen.

So sad sad

May God keep us for our kids.

2 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by chii8(f): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2020
rentAcock:
I'm so grateful for my parents. I went the bed until 18yrs old and they never disowned me.

Hahahaha...
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by PrincessB1(f): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2020
Explorers:

May God keep us for our kids.
Amennn
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Toyade888(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2020
Very sad news

The heart of man is desperately wicked

RIP little angel, you were too precious for this world.

1 Like

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by ibrutex(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2020
Such an innocent girl cut short......
Finally she found her peace and escape this wicked world......
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by CAPSLOCKED: 8:31am On Aug 21, 2020
THE FACE OF A SIMPING MØRON WHO WILL BE GOING TO JAIL FOR BEHAVING LIKE NIGERIA MEN THAT LISTEN TO THEIR MANIPULATIVE EVIL WIVES.

3 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by ibrutex(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
In these Endtimes, all forms of atrocities are Possible.

As the Days goes by what we Witness is Inquity upon Inquity! Wickedness upon Wickedness..

You might be Quick to Condemn them but the Truth is anyone who Does not Genuinely Have Jesus Christ in him/her has the Capacity to do the Same or Even More.

The Heart of a Man/ Woman is Naturally Wicked! It takes a Heart Washed and Regenerated by the Blood of Jesus for one to be Clean..

I'm beginning to think this guy has Self contain apartment for nairaland...

just thinking..
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
This is a case of intolerance mixed with hatred and bitterness. If it were to be her own daughter wetting herself, it is certain she will get all help needed to stop it. But since it's another's daughter, all hell were let loose until the lil girl was sent to an early grave.

Let's ask ourselves, " what's our tolerance level when it comes to relating with people that aren't close knit family members? "

There may be people on this forum reading this, condemning the culprits but are guilty of same thing. The only difference perhaps is that the whole world is yet to be aware of the evils done behind the curtains.

The killers of Autumn will get just judgment from the hands of the law, but it's time we begin to tolerate others with their deficiencies. This is only possible when the Spirit of God is the one holding the rein.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by mariahAngel(f): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
[s]
CAPSLOCKED:
THE FACE OF A SIMPING MØRON WHO WILL BE GOING TO JAIL FOR BEHAVING LIKE NIGERIA MEN THAT LISTEN TO THEIR MANIPULATIVE EVIL WIVES.
[/s]

You had to throw that in.

1 Like

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by elantraceey(f): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
One of the sad effects of broken home. May her sweet soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Karleb(m): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2020
This is what happens when you give caring mother hen a chick that isn't her's, with the help of a cock, she pecks it to death.

RIP to the little one! sad
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Ejenavi18(f): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2020
What a wicked world! Why should someone be this evil to a child?
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Hathor5(f): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2020
That's the very definition of white trash.

I must go and repent now for calling people such names but I couldn't help it.

RIP little girl cry

1 Like

Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by Nmezor(f): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2020
Really terrible.Poor lil gal. May her soul rest on
Re: US Father, Step-mum Charged With Murder Of 8yrs Old Girl Tied In Tub For Bed Wet by prince2pac(m): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Robbed Of My School Fees..help / My Wife Cannot Work, Please Help / Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.