Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly (7574 Views)

President Buhari Signs Petroleum Industry Bill Into Law / 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB / Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by Moikiitos: 6:55am On Aug 21, 2020
contigiency:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/pib-ready-for-national-assembly/amp/

Why is it in Nigeria our leaders and politicians use infinite date to communicate or deliver on important issues. To me, the next few days or weeks may as well mean to thy kingdom come :/

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by ekaette1621: 6:56am On Aug 21, 2020
There's nothing that is as worst as PUTTING A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE .

This man thinks that he's talking to fools.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by olaniyilukman(m): 7:11am On Aug 21, 2020
post=93050494:
This is a very good news for positive minded Nigerians like all of us @[/b].

A better and more better Nigeria is all we want.

The petroleum industry has led to a significant economic growth in Nigeria. It created thousands of new jobs and income sources for the country. Still, nothing comes without a price!

It has been more than forty years since Nigeria found oil on its lands.
Since then, the petroleum sector has become one of the primary sources of the country`s economy.
Nigeria gets about 90% of its foreign exchange earnings thanks to oil and gas.
According to the current estimates, at least 20% of GDP comes from petroleum.
Therefore, it`s no wonder that petroleum industry is one of the most crucial in Nigeria.
[b]Oil in Nigeria was discovered in 1956.

The first oil state was in Niger Delta.
Even today it`s one of the largest oil-producing states in Nigeria.
The discovery of oil products in Nigeria was done by Shell-BP.
Thanks to this company, Nigeria joined the ranks of oil countries in 1958.
Still, this luxury does not come without a price! Do not forget about pollution!
One of the significant disadvantages for Nigerian Economy is the situation with Ogoni people.
They have suffered from the oil industry impact the most. Positive Contribution of Petroleum to Nigerian Economy The rise of Nigeria in the world arena happened largely because of petroleum.
This income source helped to build the country after the devastating civil war.
At the beginning of the 1950s, petroleum had an insignificant amount in the total export.
According to the statistics, it covered about 2% of export products.
The real rise of petroleum started between 1960 and 1970.
Nigeria could provide only about 5 million barrels per year in the 1960s.
However, at the beginning of the 1970s, this number rose to a fantastic 600 million barrels.
Therefore, governmental revenues from the petroleum industry increased from 66 million Naira in the 1970s to 10 billion in the 1980s.
The energy reserves of Nigeria increased to up to 34 billion barrels.
This number only keeps growing!
At the beginning of the 2000s, petroleum covered about 80% of total export.
Today, it`s about 90%.
Still, due to the recent problems in the petroleum industry, the federal government tries to find new ways of export revenues.
Things can only get better from here forward.
God bless Nigeria.
All these na story

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2020
olaniyilukman:
All these na story
Can you please kindly shut up!?
All Our posts on Nairaland is only for sensible and literate members.
Next time, scroll past if it is too heavy for you to assimilate.
Now, get busy kiddo tongue tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by Tywo2018: 7:16am On Aug 21, 2020
Don't even know what's going on this country sef, as if all this shenanigans concern well meaning Nigerians. I smell fraud.
I
Evaromantik:
Whenever i see oyel matter, i see money laundering avenue.

I wish our military can go the way of the Malian military. Someone has to do something.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by PropertyBuying(f): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2020
Let's see content every it'll really bring about progress or about retardation.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2020
D
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by Jasseyfrd(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2020
post=93050861:

The First refinery (Port Harcourt.)
It was launched in 1965.
The initial capacity rate is 35,000, while it was developed to up to 60, 000 at the beginning of the 2000s;

The Second (Port Harcourt.) It was established in 1989. The current refining capacity rate is 150,000.

The Kaduna Refinery. It was created in 1980. The current refining capacity rate is 110,000.

The Warri Refinery. It was installed in 1978. The current rate of refining is 125,000.
The combined domestic refinery systems exceeds the domestic consumption. Therefore, it can be sold to other countries.

Federal government has long pledged its intent to overhaul the petroleum industry,
entrenching efficiency and transparency in both upstream and downstream sectors, bringing operations in line with international standards.
Yet the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB), which seeks to increase government revenue from oil and lay down a strengthened legal and regulatory framework for the Nigerian oil industry, has suffered legislative delays and limited consideration from the executive, precluding its passage.

The non-passage of the bill has been a challenge as it has hampered and delayed investments coming into the oil sector.
[b]The lack of a bill brings a lot of uncertainty to the investment climate, therefore, its passing is essential to attract the much-needed funding to Nigeria’s oil sector.

This is a very good news for positive minded Nigerians.

Once again,
God bless Nigeria.

chop alone ...die alone.... remember ur fellow country men
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by olaniyilukman(m): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2020
post=93051475:
Can you please kindly shut up!?
All Our posts on Nairaland is only for sensible and literate members.
Next time, scroll past if it is too heavy for you to assimilate.
Now, get busy kiddo tongue tongue
My dear, nothing is too heavy to assimilate....
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by Nairalandmonika: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2020
contigiency:
President buhari and his men are simply out to reposition this country with wonderful policies and building of infrastructure.
how many accounts u go create. U are loosing it o, seriously.

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by Ken91(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2020
am still wandering while northern Nigeria that has no oil is still the one in charge of Niger delta oil, nnpc boss, minister of petroleum Niger delta youth is still observing with clean up only on radio
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by contigiency(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

how many accounts u go create. U are loosing it o, seriously.

You are very pitiable. I don't even know that name you are talking about. But it's unfortunate for you to think that many people are with you in hating someone who has not done anything to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by contigiency(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Ken91:
am still wandering while northern Nigeria that has no oil is still the one in charge of Niger delta oil, nnpc boss, minister of petroleum Niger delta youth is still observing with clean up only on radio

You are not wondering right yet, until you begin to ask the right question, which is, what the Niger Deltans have achieved with NDDC, ministry of Niger Delta, 13% derivative, Amnesty program and many more given to them for several years to manage.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by Nairalandmonika: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
contigiency:

You are very pitiable. I don't even know that name you are talking about. But it's unfortunate for you to think that many people are with you in hating someone who has not done anything to you.
I hear, be deceiving urself.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly by Philspace(m): 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2020
Politics is for the selfish.
Dear Family;
Kindly assist a brother, i intend starting-up a Point of Sales business (POS) but my only challenge now is a smart phone, my bank said i'll have to use the mobile app pending when my approval for the machine will be granted.
Please i'll be grateful if you could assist me get one, nothing is too small.
My details below;
Yanjo Aondover Philip (GTB)
God bless you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawan's Independence Anniversary Message To Nigerians / FEC Approves A New Debt Management Strategy For Nigeria / Igbo Nation Is The Only True Democratic Nation In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.