Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government (330 Views)

If America Was PALESTINE, See How It Would Look Today! / Lesotho General Elections 2022: RFP, A Newly Formed Party Is Winning / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by Openbusiness: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2020
Do you know the British colonies in the "New World" revolted against the British government in Britain because they added tea tax for them to pay? Because of tea tax, they protested and formed their own country America and broke away from the British. There was no America as at that time. The "New World " had just been discovered and most of the States that make up America today were British colonies with British citizens and British soldiers under the British government. But these colonies revolted because the British Government imposed the Tea Act on them. Tens of thousands of people lost their lives but they didn't let that stop them. They fought hard and eventually won their freedom from the oppression of their own former government. Tea tax was the final straw that broke the camel's back. There was a revolution in the "New World" because of Tea Tax.

https://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/tea-act
Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by Finnese001: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Okay
Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by 1Sharon(f): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2020
Was it the british that revolted or a certain tribe of people?

The you know whos.
Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by Openbusiness: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2020
1Sharon:
Was it the british that revolted or a certain tribe of people?

The you know whos.
Americans were formerly British people. They became Americans when they formed America smiley

2 Likes

Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by 1Sharon(f): 10:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Openbusiness:
Americans were formerly British people. They became Americans when they formed America smiley

I never said it wasn't formed by them, you didn't get my comment
Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by bigpriik: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2020
and that's the reason why I said Nigeria is not free yet true freedom is gotten through war Biafra tried the same but it failed..
Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by Openbusiness: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2020
1Sharon:

I never said it wasn't formed by them, you didn't get my comment
abeg explain na. Enlighten me

1 Like

Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by 1Sharon(f): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2020
Openbusiness:
abeg explain na. Enlighten me

Go figure out who the small hats are..
Re: America Was Formed Because Of TEA TAX By The British Government by Openbusiness: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2020
1Sharon:

Go figure out who the small hats are..

the Jews... what's your point?

(1) (Reply)

Be Thankful For Me, Some People Have Harry Maguire As Their Leader: Imran / Ivory Coast President, Ouattara, Reelected To Serve Third Term With 94% Of Vote / Jon Voight Reveals How Biden Will Bring Horror To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.