Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,924 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA (799 Views)

Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by bolaayenimo: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Thursday faulted the leadership of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) over the withdrawal of the invitation extended to Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai to speak at the event billed for next week.

The NBA had removed the name of El-Rufai from the list of speakers over protest from some lawyers who had threatened to boycott the event.

But speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said the NBA should have allowed the governor to attend the conference so that the issues can be addressed on the spot.

According to him, banning the governor aside creating unnecessary hostility will also reduce the chances of making El Rufai change his ways if guilty of the allegations leveled against him.

“I don’t know the basis of the rejection of his presence at the conference but honestly, my humble view is that even if they have an objection like that, there is nothing wrong in stating it so that he can explain it. He should have been invited and then they ask him on the spot”.

“Even if there is truth in the allegations, the fact that a body like NBA will raise it with him, will make him have a rethink and improve on his philosophy of the problem”.

” But to alienate him completely and treat him like an outcast, I think that is not very wise because it eliminates dialogue, creates unnecessary hostility and reduces the chances of making him change his position which we are complaining about”.

https://www.independent.ng/withdrawing-el-rufais-invitation-not-wise-decision-sagay/

3 Likes

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by LibertyRep: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
Well , in my humble opinion too, I feel the withdrawal of the invitation is very good.

This will make all other leaders and future leaders be mindful of their utterances and actions.

The governor can use any other readily available avenues to explain his side.

The majority of the NBA members have spoken, and that's final until they change their minds.

3 Likes

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by nairavsdollars(f): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
Let arrogant El Rufai lick his wound
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by geosuzzy(f): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
This bleached man called sagay has lost it along time ago
....perhaps he never had it in d first place

3 Likes

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Marine54(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
It is a wised decisions ever! That 'll make him to live up to his responsibilities as the chief security office of his state ! Instead of working as a chief terrorist of his state....

1 Like

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by malele(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Thursday faulted the leadership of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) over the withdrawal of the invitation extended to Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai to speak at the event billed for next week.

The NBA had removed the name of El-Rufai from the list of speakers over protest from some lawyers who had threatened to boycott the event.

But speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said the NBA should have allowed the governor to attend the conference so that the issues can be addressed on the spot.

According to him, banning the governor aside creating unnecessary hostility will also reduce the chances of making El Rufai change his ways if guilty of the allegations leveled against him.

“I don’t know the basis of the rejection of his presence at the conference but honestly, my humble view is that even if they have an objection like that, there is nothing wrong in stating it so that he can explain it. He should have been invited and then they ask him on the spot”.

“Even if there is truth in the allegations, the fact that a body like NBA will raise it with him, will make him have a rethink and improve on his philosophy of the problem”.

” But to alienate him completely and treat him like an outcast, I think that is not very wise because it eliminates dialogue, creates unnecessary hostility and reduces the chances of making him change his position which we are complaining about”.

https://www.independent.ng/withdrawing-el-rufais-invitation-not-wise-decision-sagay/

This Yoruba fool
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Racoon(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
I mean, is this still the once famed prof.Sagay of old whose book on constitutional law use to be a delight for upcoming law students? This man has lost any form of sanity.Always talking nonsense.

2020 Virtual AGC: El-Rufai Has No Regard For Rule Of Law, Withdraw His Invitation As Speaker — Open Bar Initiative Urges NBA TCCP.
https://thenigerialawyer.com/2020-virtual-agc-el-rufai-has-no-regard-for-rule-of-law-withdraw-his-invitation-as-speaker-open-bar-initiative-urges-nba-tccp/

3 Likes

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by babyfaceafrica: 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
malele:

This Yoruba fool
Sagay.. Yorùbá?

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by OBUKSBAYELSA: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
I agree completely with Prof Sagay, The NBA must remember it's own legal principle "Audi Alterem Partem" before taking decisions that seems one-sided.
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by babyfaceafrica: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
Racoon:
I mean, is this still the once famed prof.Sagay of old whose book on constitutional law use to be a delight for upcoming law students? This man has lost any form of sanity.Always talking nonsense.

Lolz.. Politics do that to people .. That is why sane people don't join bauja politics... No mattwr your ruggedity, you conscience will be tainted

1 Like

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
malele:

This Yoruba fool

Sense have finally waved goodbye to you 4eva

Sagay from delta or so is now Yoruba
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by babyfaceafrica: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:
I agree completely with Prof Sagay, The NBA must remember it's own legal principle "Audi Alterem Partem" before taking decisions that seems one-sided.
NBA that is flexing muscles now, cannot conduct a free and fair election. All these guys no serious. El rufai has issues.. I mean serious ones, but NBA are in no good standing to lecture him
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Maxymilliano(m): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Itse Sagay can extend a computer generated invitation to El rufai in his own capacity as the Chaiman of Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC)

1 Like

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by BeardedMeat(m): 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
Be already defended himself on channels TV few days ago and the outcome formed part of NDAs decision to uninvite him

Apart from his handling of the southern kaduna issue, he's a very divisive fellow. His presence evokes a picture of everything wrong with Nigeria.
Who remembers the body bag threat to international election observers?

NBA should beam their searchlight on sagay soon.

2 Likes

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by BeardedMeat(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
NBA that is flexing muscles now, cannot conduct a free and fair election. All these guys no serious. El rufai has issues.. I mean serious ones, but NBA are in no good standing to lecture him
Well... it's their event, they did as they pleased!

1 Like

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by GamalNasser: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
Must we keep pampering bad people in this country ne ? Let El Rufai go and open his own NBA with Jigawa branch

1 Like

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by GamalNasser: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
The NBA has won the lost affection of Nigerians with this action

2 Likes

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by bolaayenimo: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
But they have just apologised again to el Rufai

GamalNasser:
The NBA has won the lost affection of Nigerians with this action
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by GamalNasser: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
bolaayenimo:
But they have just apologised again to el Rufai

No mind the cowards
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Mexyz(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2020
There's nothing to explain to Nigerians, even the channels platform that was given to him few days ago, he messed everything up with his utterances... Let him put his house in order.

His utterances way back has been terrible and divisive.
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Charmingrascal(m): 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Such a disgrace for the king of terror
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Mistakemaker: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Sagay.. Yorùbá?
Itsekiris are by extension Yorubas grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by bolaayenimo: 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2020
You mean Ijaw not Yorubas

Mistakemaker:

Itsekiris are by extension Yorubas grin cheesy
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
It's not Elrufai they hate. He's just a reflection of all they were raised to abhor. How can a Northerner be so smart, suave, and arguably the most competent public servant in the country? How dare he? How dare he in an Ipob world?
Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by surgical: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
malele:

This Yoruba fool
mr , This one na Edo fool

1 Like

Re: Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA by IamWonderful: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
What is sagay? soap?

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Killed In My Convoy Just Got Married – Oshiomhole / Pro SARS Thugs Are Buhari's Fulani Militia / Why The COVID-19 Palliatives Were Not Distributed Before Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.