Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen (1308 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by fatomayo(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
Hello Sirs/Mas.
Please my phone oneplus 7t pro was stolen today opposite U.I gate in Ibadan. I was unsuspecting when the act was perpectuated. After I discovered, I went straight to the nearest police station to complain. I then met an inspector who assured me that it will be tracked and retrieved. I was then asked to supply the imei which I did immediately and pay #27,000 which I paid instantly because I can't afford to lose my phone. I was then told to wait for their call within 5 - 7days.
Now my question is that is it possible for them to track it even if the thief shut it down or hard reset it?
Secondly, please if you have similar experience and yours was retrieved, please share with me how it was done.
Thank you.
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Kestolove(m): 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
My brother you lost two things..your phone and 27,000k.

13 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by DaddyRochie1642: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kestolove:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by DaddyRochie1642: 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
After the 5-7 days, he'll come to Nairaland and create another thread and caption it,

"I should have followed my heart and let the the phone go, now it's been 3 months and I haven't heard from the Police grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by fergieboy: 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kestolove:

Our mumu no too much cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Fheelzz(m): 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
They will track it.

But you no suppose cough that money immediately nah kiss

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Fheelzz(m): 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
They will track it.

But you no suppose cough that money immediately nah
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by fatomayo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2020
Thanks boss. I wasn't really myself at that time and I was desperate
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by 2shure: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
Sabo things
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by AkwaIbomMan(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
fatomayo:

Thanks boss. I wasn't really myself at that time and I was desperate
irrespective of what the person might do with your phone, he'll still be tracked and arrested, either him or the person he sold the phone to.
A neighbour of mine was just arrested by the police cos the phone he bought from a friend was stolen and the owner paid almost 30k to get it tracked an it was successful
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Nonsoco80(m): 3:49am On Aug 22, 2020
fatomayo:
Hello Sirs/Mas.
Please my phone oneplus 7t pro was stolen today opposite U.I gate in Ibadan. I was unsuspecting when the act was perpectuated. After I discovered, I went straight to the nearest police station to complain. I then met an inspector who assured me that it will be tracked and retrieved. I was then asked to supply the imei which I did immediately and pay #27,000 which I paid instantly because I can't afford to lose my phone. I was then told to wait for their call within 5 - 7days.
Now my question is that is it possible for them to track it even if the thief shut it down or hard reset it?
Secondly, please if you have similar experience and yours was retrieved, please share with me how it was done.
Thank you.
They will track the phone. You will get back your phone. One plus phone IMEI cannot be easily change. Just cool down. Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Jabioro: 5:55am On Aug 22, 2020
Gbasgbos..two slap simultaneously..eermm ok wait but me no trust Nigeria police oo.. why collecting money from you...
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by fatomayo(m): 6:26am On Aug 22, 2020
Nonsoco80:
They will track the phone. You will get back your phone. One plus phone IMEI cannot be easily change. Just cool down. Good luck
I am much relieved now. Thanks.
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by fatomayo(m): 6:26am On Aug 22, 2020
Nonsoco80:
Okay Sir, thank you.
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by adecz: 6:36am On Aug 22, 2020
Tracking & eventual retrieving
is quite easy, unless the phone
is permanently turned off, which
is impossible.

Rest assured, you'll get the phone
back since you paid the police, though
you shouldn't have paid all the money
at once.

The sad part is that the thieves would
have formatted the phone & deleted
the memory card.

You get your hardware back but
lose the software.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Steady259(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2020
I pray you recover your stolen asset back bro.
Its traumatizing when you realise you just lost a precious loads of informations and gadget.......

But you could have split the police payment part into two.
Like pay half upfront and pay the rest after successful retrival of your phone.

All the best bro.
Make sure to update us as event unfolds

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by 4reala(m): 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
fatomayo:
Hello Sirs/Mas.
Thank you.
please what do they say the 27k is for?
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by fatomayo(m): 12:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Thanks
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by tellwisdom: 1:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Police work sweet o...No wonder I de always see them de eat ogunfe and plenty beer.. So Na u give them money??

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Favoured770(m): 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
fatomayo:
Hello Sirs/Mas.
Thank you.

Where you able to recover your phone @fatomayo , I'd love to know. Please share.
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by fatomayo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
Favoured770:

Where you able to recover your phone @fatomayo , I'd love to know. Please share.

Unfortunately, no. The police people were just playing me like ball.
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Princemedico18: 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kestolove:

She/He's telling the truth. They don't track anything. U lost the both. U would have meet some smart street guys that can do it
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Naijatask: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
Princemedico18:

She/He's telling the truth. They don't track anything. U lost the both. U would have meet some smart street guys that can do it

Well, my own case was a bit different sha.

My phone was stolen during an exam inside my school bag. I reported to the police, without even paying a dime.

After a month, I received a call and was told to come and collect the phone.

They said the seller will be the one to pay for the tracking service etc.

I'm still using my phone to type right now sef
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:49am On Jun 22, 2023
Kestolove:
One plus phone + 27k = 2 plus mugu grin
How much whole phone wey loss? 27k dey pursue dust.

If I u had find me installed on it, u can track as well..
Always have data backed up in Gmail & one Google drive.. u can get all ,contacts, gallery, apps n data back to a new device
Re: Help!!!!!! My Phone Was Stolen by ZonefreeAsshole: 11:02am On Jun 22, 2023
Ask zonefree

He's a petty common local teef

(1) (Reply)

Loader Caught Stealing / Dead Bodies Of 4 Soldiers Found In Orlu, Killed By IPOB Pro-biafra Group / Armed Robbers That Killed A POS Operator In Abia Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.