Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills (12284 Views)

Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State / BUA Refinery: Pres. Macron Lauds Abdul Samad Rabiu As BUA Signs Deal With Axens / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by bigpicture001: 7:30am On Aug 22, 2020
Spaxon:
I believe the Private Sector actually holds the key to the industrialization of Nigeria.
Look at Dangote, BUA, LaFarge and the rest of them.

If the Federal Government could Privatize Agriculture and Petroleum or even Aviation

Great changes would be seen in years to come.

But lie lie...
They'll rather keep seeing possibilities in looting and re-looting.

I remember Jonathan brought the Land Swapping Deal in Abuja.

And got most of the Private companies build those estates n parks, I went through the money the companies spent on building most of those residential Estates.
You'd be amazed .
Most budgeted #2billion.
That's the amount a Nigerian Politician can comfortably loot.

The future lies in the Private Sector.

For those Space Bookers below me.
I can see Buhari's personal griller cheesy

Nigerian are still too poor for total privatization.....
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by higgs: 7:30am On Aug 22, 2020
For Nigeria to get better, government has to get smaller while the private sector gets bigger
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by mmsen: 7:33am On Aug 22, 2020
Spaxon:
I believe the Private Sector actually holds the key to the industrialization of Nigeria.

If the Federal Government could Privatize Agriculture and Petroleum or even Aviation

But lie lie...

And got most of the Private companies build those estates n parks, I went through the money the companies spent on building most of those residential Estates.
You'd be amazed .
Most budgeted #2billion.

I hear Nigerians say that the private sector will fix all ills, as if that has happened anywhere else. A strong public sector is vital to rein in the excesses of the capitalist class and direct towards those areas that are needed and not just to make a quick profit.

Private sector will not fund the public infrastructure that we all need and use.

Nigeria needs better roads, more rail, public schools and libraries.

It's fine producing but how do you get your goods to consumers if your roads are a joke?
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by erico2k2(m): 7:53am On Aug 22, 2020
Spaxon:

But lie lie...

You'd be amazed .
Most budgeted #2billion.

the thing is the political class are to greedy and scared to invest their loot in Nigeria cos for the amount needed one need bulk cash.where does one get that from?The Agric sector is open so is aviation.
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by erico2k2(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2020
mmsen:

I hear Nigerians say that the private sector will fix all ills, as if that has happened anywhere else. A strong public sector is vital to rein in the excesses of the capitalist class and direct towards those areas that are needed and not just to make a quick profit.

Private sector will not fund the public infrastructure that we all need and use.

It's fine producing but how do you get your goods to consumers if your roads are a joke?
what we really and truly need is power3. once that is achieved we are good to go.FG can foxtrot oscar
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by erico2k2(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2020
higgs:
For Nigeria to get better, government has to get smaller while the private sector gets bigger
we as a people seem to fail to see fru this.everybody wants to work 4 government. but do we blame.e them?
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Houstency(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2020
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Godons1: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2020
Houstency:

Reason being that you haven't done anything worthwhile in your life as to make you proud of, hiding using I'm an Igbo holds no water, since it isn't easily verifiable. Give Kudos to who it is due, needless comparisons is a thing of small minds. If I was to tow your line of reasoning, someone whose land, family and what have you was destroyed during the civil war and built from scratch even without largely government assistance should be celebrated, as opposed to set of people in the corridors of power, enjoying favourable policies and what not. In all, they have all tried, given that some also are faced with similar conditions and they amounted to nothing e.g praise singer like you whose job is to cause disunity among the North and South divide. Be reasonable young man!

So if someone's land was ravaged by the War he created, it's ok for the person to go into Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, Prostitution, Drugs and other crimes just to make money. Is that also the reason for the empty chest beating? Stop giving excuse for my people. With the way you reason, only God knows how Biafra will look like, when the North finaly gives them independence.
Thank God I've relocate to the North in search of greener pasture. Count me out of Biafra.

Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by ukelament(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2020
Good development.
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by mmsen: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2020
erico2k2:

what we really and truly need is power3. once that is achieved we are good to go.FG can foxtrot oscar

Even with power, you need a government agency to coordinate. The private sector is too fragmented and self interested to do such effectively.

Nigerians need to understand that government is there to reflect the will and needs of the people.

They cannot continue to cry about government whilst sitting on the sidelines watching criminals destroy what could be a great nation. Nor should Nigerians be easy on those who allow themselves to be compromised by the political class.
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Amorprincesa24: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2020
Why bother? He is not intelligent enough to understand.
Trentee:

It’s unfortunate that the functions of your hands have been disconnected from your brain, that’s if you have any brain at all. PMB has mortgaged your future. The price of a bag of rice that you are talking about is now equivalent to the new minimum wage. The trains, bridges and structures were existing projects, PMB borrowed excessively to continue those projects. What happened to our generated revenue and the recovered looted funds? $1=472 Naira.
May your life be the way PMB is leading Nigeria. The insecurities, the hardship, the debts, the corruption, etc
I HATE HIGH INFLATION. $1=472 Naira
I HATE RICE = 32,000 Naira
I HATE EXCESSIVE DEBT
I HATE INSECURITY
I HATE CORRUPTION AND RELOOTING
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Spaxon(f): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2020
makinde851:
Perfect !!

Shebi you're seyi Makinde's bro cheesy
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Spaxon(f): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2020
bigpicture001:

Nigerian are still too poor for total privatization.....
By poor you mean
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Spaxon(f): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2020
mmsen:

Believe me even the Government can provide food roads if they want to
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Spaxon(f): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2020
erico2k2:

the thing is the political class are to greedy and scared to invest their loot in Nigeria cos for the amount needed one need bulk cash.where does one get that from?The Agric sector is open so is aviation.
NIGERIA is just a sad mistake
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by bigpicture001: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Spaxon:

By poor you mean

Their disposable income is too low...they can't spend........

If this is done prices would be raised too high to only the elites can afford things
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by Ade345(m): 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
post=93086242:
From one good and positive news to another.
Our darling country will surely get there soon.
A better Nigeria is all we want and hope for.
We thank God we are making progress compared to the 16 years of failure and looting.

Some negative souls will always be pained with any news about progress for our darling country.
May that pain always live with them as long as they keep hoping for bad news for Nigeria.

More for them below.......

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

Again,
Don't forget to Quote us if you are one of the toothpicks arms lazy mofos.

No be only aids, na staphylococcus, cheesy wink
And these are the kinda kids calling their president names.
What a shame!! tongue tongue

You are a political aid to the president, coming here and disguising as one of the masses airing his opinion. You took enough time in your office to type a politically correct and pro government advertisement on this forum and you are feeling good about yourself. I feel pity for your those in your lineage coming after you. You may be enjoying from the largesse of the government today but tomorrow, the table could turn. Don't forget- the table could turn. So mind what you post in a public forum.
Re: BUA Signs Deal With Turkish Firm To Build 2400TPD Flour Mills by TheCork(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
Spaxon:

NIGERIA is just a sad mistake

Hello please am looking for housemaid with nyansh & I pay u 200 naira a months,cash.. are u interested please? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity / How Can I Convert Virtapay To Liberty Reserve? / World Bank: Nigeria's Growth Lags Africa As Inflation, Poverty, Crime Rises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.