Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

My Poultry Project 2020 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Project 2020 (481 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / My Poultry Farming Experience! / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 4:31am On Aug 22, 2020
Good morning house!!!!
The Nairaland Agricultural section has been one of the best section for those intending to take investment decision, learning ground, marketing, real mentorship etc. I throwaway respect give the moderators dem, senior agriculture economist and extension experts, investors, marketers, Agricultural agents, risk takers, viewers and many others.
This section has been a learning platform for me and many silent readers and newbies who want to make something out of life, by taking investment decision.
Due to the high demand for protein which cannot be supplied efficiently due to the high demand for meat during period of festivities like Christmas, New Year, Easter etc. My partner and I have decided to embark on a poultry project to correct this deficiency. Our aim and goal is to supply the market in our locality with boilers of about 6kg in weight within four months and to attain a mortality rate of 5%.
Note: This is my first time on embarking on this kind of project and please to the experts in the house, your sincere advice and criticism are welcome. I will try all my possible best to update regularly.
Please, for any typographical error please bear with me.
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by Mide3367: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2020
Space booked
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by jfkenny(m): 8:59am On Aug 22, 2020
6kg?why keep birds for 4months..3 months is even risky..
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 5:56am On Aug 24, 2020
On the 21th of August, four cartons of boilers(day old chick) arrived from our poultry supplier. Prior to the arrival of the birds,my team and I ensured that bthe room where the birds are kept was well swept and cleaned with izza.We ensure that sawdust was sprinkled around the area where the birds are to be kept.We placed drawing boards on the sawdust instead of news paper and use cardboards to fill the areas that could not be covered by the drawing boards.
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 6:04am On Aug 24, 2020
It has been an exciting vexperience so far.when the birds arrived wevgave them some glucose inside their water drinker in others to boost their energy level from seriesvif stress
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2020
They have passed through from transporting them.We are currently feeding them with boiler mash starter(chikun).From the 204 birds only 1 has difficulty with walking and moving around.We placed two lantern inside their feeding area to provide heat to their bodies.We bought 4 drinker and 3 feeders due to the availability nature of this items.We are planning to buy 2 more additional feeders and 1 drinker.So far,i have notice that the day old chichs like light,if they don't see light they start making noise and also they like going close to the lantern am suspecting the heat source is not enough?As regards the light issue we have bought 2 buhari light to sever as a light source. To the gurus and professional in the house your advice in form of contribution is highly needed here.
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 6:30am On Aug 24, 2020
Good morning house I have been trying to upload pictures. It has not been successful so far.

Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 6:37am On Aug 24, 2020
jfkenny:
6kg?why keep birds for 4months..3 months is even risky..
Good morning.....we want the birds to attain a particular weight.... the last month will be for selling..... I know it is risky.
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2020
Mide3367:
Space booked
. You are welcome...
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by MERCHANDISER: 6:45am On Aug 24, 2020
where is your farm located
Re: My Poultry Project 2020 by pale105: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
It is located around Ojo, Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Castor Farming / All Zeigler Products In One Place. / Rice Paddy Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.