Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? (850 Views)

Why Stone Coated Roofing Tiles is far more better than Aluminium Roofing Sheets? / Cost Of Roofing Buildings With Various Aluminium Roofing Sheets Desings / Can Someone Help With My Leaking Aluminium Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by JKisOK(m): 4:43am On Aug 22, 2020
Rather too late, I discovered the inferior quality of the roof I asked a building contractor to help me install in my country home in Edo State. They went and used an aluminium gauge of .2mm.

You can see the photographs here.

The entire house has sprouted leaks and the rain is coming through the roof. It has damaged several things in the house, chairs, electronics, etc.

My caretaker in the villa sent someone to try and seal the leakage but they discovered that the aluminium was so light it could develop new cracks and leaks from the sheer weight of the person trying to do the repairs.

Please rather than remove and replace this entire roof, how do I remedy this situation? I can't afford a new roof now please. How do I stop the leakage from this .2mm gauge aluminium roofing?

Re: Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by frozen70(f): 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
There is this thick black but the other side is silver material like a tape that are used to patch it, you can be using that pending when you will have money to replace it
Re: Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by JKisOK(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
frozen70:
There is this thick black but the other side is silver material like a tape that are used to patch it, you can be using that pending when you will have money to replace it

Thanks a lot. But they said when they climbed it, the roof aluminium was so thin that it cracked.
Re: Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by Perfecttouchade: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
JKisOK:

Thanks a lot. But they said when they climbed it, the roof aluminium was so thin that it cracked.
.2mm is a very low guaged aluminium roofing materials, if the leaks are too many, u might need to change the whole Aluminium roofing and to think no one can climb the roof without the Aluminium cracking.. Make sure u go for the right 0.45mm next time Sir.
Re: Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by JKisOK(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
.2mm is a very low guaged aluminium roofing materials, if the leaks are too many, u might need to change the whole Aluminium roofing and to think no one can climb the roof without the Aluminium cracking.. Make sure u go for the right 0.45mm next time Sir.

Someone I trusted broke my trust. He works in building and had handled several projects in the field, which made me feel that he would give me the best, only for him to mess things up with the roofing. Ironically, the fear of making just this sort of mistake made me to trust him and hand things over to him.
Re: Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by Perfecttouchade: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
JKisOK:

Someone I trusted broke my trust. He works in building and had handled several projects in the field, which made me feel that he would give me the best, only for him to mess things up with the roofing. Ironically, the fear of making just this sort of mistake made me to trust him and hand things over to him.
sorry to hear this Sir .. it's best to change the roofing materials to avoid more damages to the woods and other things in the house during raining periods.. temporary solution won't last long
Re: Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by frozen70(f): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
JKisOK:

Chai I believe them, from this moment till March next year please save and get a better gauge, this time around go with them and cut out a sample from the one on the roof and go with it so that no matter how the traders tries to convince you, you will compare both

Sorry about that
Re: Help! What Can I Do About My Leaking .2mm Aluminium Roofing? by eni070(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
You can call me on 0704 234 3075

(1) (Reply)

I Just Rented My First Apartment And I'm Not Happy / Will Sales,repair,maintian.computer,fire Fighting Equipment And Cctv / Own A Land For The Cheapest Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.