Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,005 members, 7,828,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution (298 Views)

Magu Reacts To Malami’s Accusations: ‘No Blackmail Can Stop Me’ / Buhari Considers Sack, Prosecution Of Ibrahim Magu / Magu Reacts To Fayose’s Salsa Dancing Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by Kwanza: 8:53am On Aug 22, 2020
Previous thread:https://www.nairaland.com/6068921/salami-panel-asks-buhari-fire#93070523

The suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has kicked against the recommendation of his sacking by the Judicial Commission of Inquiry headed by Justice Ayo Salami (retd).

POLITICS NIGERIA learned that the presidential panel, in its interim report submitted to President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, also recommended that Magu should be prosecuted over allegations of corruption and abuse of office. The panel also recommended the immediate appointment of a new chairman for the anti-graft agency.

But in a swift reaction, Wahab Shittu, counsel to Mr Magu, denied knowledge of any report, adding that no such interim report was sent to the President.

He noted that Justice Salami had informed him that before any report is submitted to the President, his client will be carried along. Shittu added that Magu had yet to open his defence and given a fair hearing and it would be unjust for the panel to recommend his sacking.

He said, “I don’t understand why we should be talking about a reaction to something that is blatantly falsehood. First, the panel is still calling witnesses. Two witnesses appeared before the panel today. So, if there were ongoing proceedings on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and the panel has adjourned till Monday, if witnesses are still being taken and interrogated, and documents are still being submitted, what that should suggest to you is that proceedings are ongoing and have not been concluded. Does it (then) make sense for a report to be submitted?”

He added, “Ibrahim Magu, my client, has not opened his defence and the panel has repeatedly indicated that he would be allowed to defend himself only after witnesses have been exhausted. So, somebody who has yet to defend allegations against him, can he be indicted?

“Whether interim or final, you cannot issue the report without listening to all the witnesses and then take the defence. My reaction is that the story is planted by mischief makers. A similar falsehood was published by a newspaper and I confronted the panel yesterday (Thursday) and the chairman said how could they have issued such a report when they haven’t formally served him with the allegations and he told me to disregard the report.”
https://politicsnigeria.com/magu-reacts-as-salami-panel-recommends-sack-prosecution/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by LibertyRep: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2020
The media has since sacked, tried and convicted Magu.
I'm not sure anyone is expecting anything different form Salami's panel.

Typical of other probes before it, the pre-trial is fast losing steam and is being overtaken by other mind boggling alleged theft.

The alleged multi-billion naira fraud in NTA broke out yesterday.
Re: Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by Rootprof(m): 9:00am On Aug 22, 2020
Is time for us to wakeup, 1 Nigeria is not working and may not work cos even the youths that owns future don't believe in the marriage. Our leaders are only interested in the embezzlement of our resources. That's all.
Re: Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by psucc(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2020
But Magu must be an established fool. Knowing too well the nature of job he executes is enough for him to keep a million miles away from the same crime.

He had already passed a verdict on himself by the statement that Malami's stand against him is a case of "dog eating dog".

There is no more evidence to search than this.
Re: Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by slivertongue: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2020
magun is been served his own medicine and he must it by fire by force
Re: Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by Bigflamie(m): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2020
Magu supposed to be given maximum sentence for making mockery of our collective trust in the fight against corruption though I knew from onset his corrupt tendencies.

The dullard is the one to be blamed for being incompetent and docile.
Re: Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by slivertongue: 9:20am On Aug 22, 2020
finally the hunter has been successfully hunted down
Re: Magu Reacts As Salami Panel Recommends Sack, Prosecution by yanabasee1(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2020
How these Abokies will want to kill to remain in power is the main reason why we need to give them their own country to remain in power forever....

From when he was denied his confirmation as the chairman of the commission.... He'd sleep at the villa have the president consider him alone. And keeping him in acting position for years. To when he was accused of fraudulent charges and he'd still wouldn't give up the chairmanship.

Magu should allow another clear head to fight corruption for this country....Haba.....!!!

Which kind born to rule mentality is this??

(1) (Reply)

Senator Orji Kalu Visits Chairman Of Stanel Group, Dr. Stanley Uzochukwu / Chris Ngige, Shows Of His Dancing Skills Ahead Enugu Airport Opening. / Presidency Explains Why Buhari Is Working Contrary To His Campaign Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.