Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out (1082 Views)

Aubameyang To Join Barcelona After Being Stripped Of Arsenal Captaincy / Lionel Messi Returns To Barcelona After Argentina's Loss To Venezuela (Photos) / Suarez Speaks On Neymar Returning To Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Sanchez01: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi is reportedly 'furious' with the club whilst team-mate Luis Suarez has also spoken out about a lack of direct contact with those at the top

Lionel Messi has reportedly left ‘furious’ with Barcelona as Ronald Koeman faces a tough task to appease the superstar.

Messi was left hugely frustrated and considering his future in the wake of their 8-2 Champions League humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich.

It was later reported that he wants to leave the club immediately after holding crisis talks with club chiefs just before the inevitable sacking of manager Quique Setien.

According to Argentinian newspaper Clarin, Messi has been left angry by information being leaked regarding his meeting with new manager Ronald Koeman this week.

Messi cut short his holiday to meet with the Dutchman and RAC1, a Catalan radio station who have consistently backed president Josep Maria Bartomeu, revealed he told the new manager he is seriously considering leaving the club.

Details of the private conversation being made public have angered Messi, whilst fellow star Luis Suarez has spoken publicly of his frustration at a lack of direct contact from the top.

Suarez told AS : “There has been talk of some names that the president suggested, changes that could be made, but nobody has told me that they want to get rid of me.

"If that is what the club wants it would be nice if the director responsible for these decisions spoke directly with me.

"It’s better than leaking if I’m one of the players they want to leave. We’ll see what happens.

"I want what’s best for the club as well and right now my intention is to stay on but if the club decide I’m no longer wanted, I have no problem talking to those that decide. Koeman? I haven’t spoken to him yet.”

Koeman now faces a serious task to appease Messi, with the board reportedly considering the possibility of selling him this summer.

The new manager addressed the situation for the first time this week, stating: ”He’s still got a contract and is still a Barcelona player. At this point I need to speak to him because he is the captain.

“We need to work with him and speak with various players. We need to make some decisions but in Messi’s case I hope he stays with us.

“I don’t know if I have to convince Messi [to stay], whether it’s that or not. He is the best player in the world and the best player in the world you want in your team, you don’t want him playing against you.

“As a coach I would love to work with Messi because he wins matches. If he’s at the ability and level he has always shown I’d be more than happy for him to stay.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-furious-barcelona-after-22561733

Lalasticlala
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Sanchez01: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Messi is a scam. You spoke to the new manager that you want out, a cross section of the board is indifferent about him leaving and now he is furious his talks with he manager got out. What was he expecting, that they appease him while on their knees and jack up his wages again? grin

The earlier Messi realizes that he is no longer the feared player he used to be, the better for him. Age has caught up with him and even if fresher legs were to be added to the team, a season won't be enough to make them sync. Every good thing always come to an end. And that is about to the once sweet relationship between Barcelona and Messi.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by nellyelitz(m): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
This guy is just manipulating this team. All i knw is Barca will not end with him.
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Tomtomy98: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2020
Nawa ooo
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by ExBanker: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
He is welcome to play in Shanghai China. Penaldo no be him mate. Messi is not worthy of any other top flight club. He should go to China to play for Shanghai Corona FC

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by dawnomike(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
Real Madrid will be enjoying the drama from Camp Nou

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Freestainworld(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Messi should just head to Nigerian league, so he can keep scoring many goals

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Sanchez01: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
dawnomike:
I tell you! I pray their problem lingers till the new season ends grin
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by ojaysam25(m): 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
I don't understand messi....you told the coach you want out....but you don't want people to know.
Is it that he wants to sneak through the back door so that others wouldn't notice.
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Sanchez01: 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
ojaysam25:
I don't understand messi....you told the coach you want out....but you don't want people to know.
Is it that he wants to sneak through the back door so that others wouldn't notice.
Nah.... Possibly an attempt at making the board quake and then begging that he should stay. Seems to me like he wants his ego fed. Pique did something the night they were humiliated by Bayern. He said he would be the first to leave if the board wanted old players to. He had no plans to leave and Pique is out of touch as a defender and I doub't any competitive club will want him at his age.

Messi might be worried that things are not playing out the way he wants, possibly for the first time.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by paulolee(m): 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
na wah oo
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by paulolee(m): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
dawnomike:
same way barca enjoyed thiers wen cr7 left bt the diff is dt, messi is staying at least for next season..
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Beverlyjean(f): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2020
Sanchez01:
Messi is a scam. You spoke to the new manager that you want out, a cross section of the board is indifferent about him leaving and now he is furious his talks with he manager got out. What was he expecting, that they appease him while on their knees and jack up his wages again? grin

The earlier Messi realizes that he is no longer the feared player he used to be, the better for him. Age has caught up with him and even if fresher legs were to be added to the team, a season won't be enough to make them sync. Every good thing always come to an end. And that is about to the once sweet relationship between Barcelona and Messi.

Someone that hasn't taken them to CL funal since xavi and Iniesta left , as if he wins them CL yearly... barca management are fools and are being scammed by this little man... trophies b4 players...if bayern and Liverpool could disgrace them with their messi , doesn't it easily tell them that they dint need him anymore...the money wasted on a 33 Yr old can b used to buy younger fresher blood , build a new team and hv a chance to glory again... how can they b tolerating someone that has hit his twighlight of his careeer ... in 2-3 yrs he will retire

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Sanchez01: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Someone that hasn't taken them to CL funal since xavi and Iniesta left , as if he wins them CL yearly... barca management are fools and are being scammed by this little man... trophies b4 players...if bayern and Liverpool could disgrace them with their messi , doesn't it easily tell them that they dint need him anymore...the money wasted on a 33 Yr old can b used to buy younger fresher blood , build a new team and hv a chance to glory again... how can they b tolerating someone that has hit his twighlight of his careeer ... in 2-3 yrs he will retire
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi 'furious' With Barcelona After Leaks, Luis Suarez Speaks Out by Daprinxy(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
I loved Ronaldo and Messi and anybody that talks down on both,ain't been unfair to himself or herself buh the truth about happenings now with Messi and Barcelona is the evidence that Messi wouldn't have gotten this far if he's Ronaldo.Ronaldo absolved a lot of criticism,insults and he's still wax more stronger buh any little misunderstanding with Messi and people,Messi will take offensive and started acting up.finally,Ronaldo had received more insults and critics from every angle,via coaches,fans,supporters,players,pundits etc buh he always come back even more stronger buh I hardly hear or see all these people and organizations criticise or insult Messi buh when small thing comes up against Messi,he will take it very very seriously and start acting rudely or talking rudely to people.buh the truth is that Messi has outgrown his usefulness in Barcelona and the earlier Koeman do what Guadiola did to Ronaldinho for Messi to come up fully,the better for every of them.I'm still a fan of Messi and Ronaldo because they are the best!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Contact me now / Wilfred Ndidi Pays Twitter Influencers To Instigate Bayern Move (PHOTOS) / Which Striker Should Chelsea Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.