Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,316 members, 7,864,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

The Great Apostasy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Apostasy (740 Views)

Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. / ISIS Crucifies 8 Christians In Syria For Apostasy From Islam / Apostasy - False Shepherds And Prophets Exposed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Apostasy by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

The apostasy in our churches is so broad and the delusion of the Matthew 7:22 “many“ so deep that the ONE consistent unequivocal message in God’s Word has been turned upside down and made to mean the polar opposite of what God intended.  I am talking about OBEDIENCE to the commandments of God as His requirement to enter His kingdom.  Many claim that anyone that preaches the requirement for obedience is preaching a works salvation.  They are in error.  I challenge anyone to find me even one verse, properly divided, that warns us not to listen to brothers in Christ who teach we must obey the commandments of Jesus.  Galatians and other warnings about legalistic preaching, never speak to obeying the commands of Jesus, they speak to added extra rituals that are inventions of man or part of the original Mosaic covenant and the Levitical priesthood which Jesus himself replaced.    Teaching obedience and righteousness unto God is not teaching a works salvation, it is teaching salvation.

Luke 16:16 The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and people are forcing their way into it.  It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.  Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forevermore!

Romans 2:12-13 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.  For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.The law of sin is still here and the wages of sin is death said Paul, Jesus and everyone else in the Bible.  Believing in Jesus means believing all that He said and showing that belief is sincere by obeying His word.

Paul, John and Peter all wrote about the wolves in sheep’s clothing that the Lord himself warned us about.  Here are just three among very many.

Acts 20:30-31 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.  This is Paul warning again about men who will seek to bring glory to themselves and build up followings and to do so will pervert the truth about God.  Those living in sin, heap upon themselves these preachers who will gladly tell them what they want to hear and build big followings with lots of money flowing in the name of God.

2 Peter 2:1-2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.

2 John 7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ ascoming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.  Jesus coming in the flesh mattered in comprehending His suffering and enduring of temptation and our call to do the very same.  We are to be like our Master says the word.

Through the evil workings of men as inspired by Satan’s forces, the true church has been invaded by wolves dressed as sheep.  The ultimate purpose of these evil workers is to deceive believers in Jesus into actions or in-actions that will prevent them from meeting the conditions the Lord set forth to enter His kingdom.  Ultimately these insidious smooth talking lies, deny the sovereign Lord.  Man by making up his own doctrine has denies the truth Jesus laid out by His words.  The power of Christ is salvation to all whom believe and obey Him.  It is outrageous how just a few Bible verses can deceive so many when perversely taught when the truth is contained in the thousands of other verses that directly contradict the perversion of the few verses. 

Jude 4 “For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.”   The false teachers have slipped into the church.  They say things that sound Godly and are smooth talkers but they are really wolves.  Are they transforming lives?  Are people being changed?  Are people coming out of the world and denying themselves, suffering in the flesh and forsaking their sins and the things of the world?  If the answer is no, then I would run not walk from this church.  Jesus never said going to church was a requirement but He did say obeying His commandments was.

The church if they carefully studied the Bible and had open eyes and open ears would see the Apostasy and Great Falling Away they are experiencing and living in first hand.  This apostasy was all predicted by God to be the forerunner of ushering in of the end times.  We are indeed in the late stages of this, the birth pangs Jesus spoke of have been on going for years, especially the last 60-70.  I have been studying these signs and the prophecies about the end and hope to begin blogging on those topics in hopes some in the church will be awakened by the fear of the imminent return of the Lord.  But know this,  whether what I believe or say about the end times is true, our call to obedience and righteousness to obtain salvation is indeed the requirements the King of the Kingdom long ago established and has never changed.

2 Thess 2:3-4 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.  The inspired words written by Paul are totally consistent with the words of the Lord.  In the Olivette Discourse Jesus said:

Matthew 24:3-5 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”  And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.  For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.  The very first thing or sign Jesus said to look for regarding the end times is for false teachers that come in His name.  When the Bible says “I am the Christ”, it refers to people claiming they have anointing like Jesus or are speaking on behalf of God.  This proliferation of false teaching precedes the revealing of the anti-Christ.  We are right at the door to this revealing and God’s judgment is coming upon this earth and our nation.     We should indeed test every spirit and search the scriptures daily to know the truth about God.  When preachers teach sins do not matter to salvation, they make a mockery of the words of Jesus and condemn not only themselves but those that follow their anti-Christ teachings.

God himself said He would send a delusion upon those living with unrepentant hearts who take pleasure in living with their unrighteousness (sin).  In Paul’s epistle to the Thessalonians, he explained:

[b]2 Thess 2:10-12 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,  and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.  Then all who have not believed the truth but have taken pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.  [/b]What is the lie?  The lie is that your sins do not matter, that obedience to Christ is optional and that it is okay to pay no price and live like the world does.  That describes what the majority of the professing church believes today.  It continues to be taught to our youth, in seminary as truth and the predictions of Jesus and the Apostles are all coming true.  Oh how great is the apostasy.

If preaching obedience was a works salvation where are the warnings about this?  Where does Jesus tell us obeying His commandments are an option?  Where does Jesus tell us that it is easy to get to heaven, all we must do is say we believe He died for our sins?  The bible doesn’t say these things if properly divided and taken in context.  Paul’s awesome epistles that reaffirmed the words of Jesus have been perverted by enemies of God that are wolves in sheep’s clothing, leading the flock astray.  Thankfully God is raising up Watchman to stand against the lies and awaken some of those sleeping in their deluded state.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 “For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.”    Believers don’t want to hear they must obey the commandments anymore.  That is too hard they are taught it is impossible to defeat sin  so don’t even try.  They are told it is their nature to be sinners and nothing, even God can’t change that.  Yet Paul told us to “aim for perfection”, Peter told us to “suffer in the flesh to be done with sin” and Jesus himself told us “Be ye holy as your Father in heaven is holy”.  My recent series of posts on the Words of Jesus, Words of the Apostles and Judged By Our Deeds contain much of the truth God had to say about obedience and the requirements to enter His kingdom.  Sadly the apostate church doesn’t want to hear the truth anymore, they would rather take pleasure in their sin, and heap upon themselves pastors that will affirm the delusion they are under that God himself has sent upon them.  Repent and be washed by the truth of God’s word and come out of the apostate church (Her).

Jesus had some choice words for the religious people of His days on the earth.  These Pharisees played religion, they played church but they knew not God.  They were engaged in groupthink, praising each other yet denying the sovereign Lord.  Mark 7:7 This people honors Me with their lips,  But their heart is far from Me.  And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.    The apostate church is following commandments of men not the commandments of Jesus.  Believers will suffer the same destruction non-believers will endure if they do not repent and walk in obedience to the commands of Jesus, the Lord of all who has established His rules for His kingdom.

[b]2 Thess 1:7-9 This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.  He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.  They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.  [/b]Totally consistent with the Parable of the Wise Servant in Luke 12 and the Parable of the Talents.  A believer who did not endure to the end and began to walk in disobedience was given an ever more severe punishment per Jesus than the non-believers.

Tim 3:1-5 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away.

This passage of Paul speaks of the last days and the behaviors that will be exhibited by those IN THE CHURCH.  I don’t believe false Christians need to have all of these traits, just some or maybe even one of them.  I have underlined the ones I see commonly in others in the church and I myself have battled with over time.  Having a form of godliness describes people who are involved with “religious” activities, things such as Church, bible studies, prayer groups, choirs, missions, charitable giving.  These are all good things to be doing but they are no substitute for knowing Christ and acting on the power of Christ to change/transform our lives such that we act righteous and live for Christ and not like the world does.  Those that teach or even believe that they cannot resist temptation and that there is no requirement or even an ability to OBEY god are DENYING CHRIST.

Denying Christ is much broader than just not believing He is God’s Son.  Denying Christ includes denying the power of Godliness that He has provided us through grace.  “We can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us”.  All things include obeying Him.  Why would Jesus tell us in scores of places that we must obey His commandments and teach obedience to His commandments if it was impossible?  To believe we can’t do this and should not even strive for this, is denying Christ.  Jesus told us Mat 10:33 if we deny him, He will deny us before His Father in heaven.

Ding Ding Ding.  Are bells starting to go off for you?   I pray that God will open the eyes and ears of the apostate church so that they may “come out of her”.  The apostate doctrines and beliefs of the false churches is laying the foundation for the son of perdition (false God) to establish himself in God’s temple.  While this prophecy of Daniel was fulfilled in an early time from a literal sense of the old temple, I wonder if the anti-Christ is not already established and is just waiting to be revealed.  Jesus is coming soon, the signs of the times confirm it and we are told in Revelation 3:3 to keep watch so that the Lord’s return will not be like a thief in the night for us.   Tribulation is right upon the door.  The trouble in early 2009 will seem like nothing by this time next year.    The true bride of Christ will be spared the wrath of God on the last day, but we will indeed endure the tribulation stemming from the wrath of Satan prior to the Lord’s return.  There is not going to be a pre tribulation rapture.  Do not be deceived or else your faith may be shaken when the tribulation begins to ramp up very soon.

Romans 1:16  I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.  For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:  “The righteous shall live by faith”

We must believe the gospel, the whole counsel of God.  The gospel of Christ, through the Lord’s very words, tell us we must obey Him to enter life.  We do not need to be perfect as He has provided us strength to overcome and forgiveness when we do stumble.  This is grace but Satan has lead the church into apostasy, by perverting the grace of God into a license to sin.

1 John 3:2-3 But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.  All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

According to the Apostle John, we purify ourselves.  We don’t do this on our own power or even with our own initiatives, it is 100% God but we do have a role.  We must simply choose obedience over disobedience.  He calls us, he empowers us, He equips us.  If we are really Born Again we WILL NOT practice sin as John tells us it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this if we are truly saved.

1 John 3:7-10 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.  The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.  Those who are born of God will not continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.   This is a powerful book and while a few verses are twisted by those in apostasy (1 John 1:cool properly divided this scripture gives us a gut check as to our salvation.

Examine yourself Paul tells us.  I am not looking for enemies or even friends.  I am seeking truth my brothers and sisters.  I am a man who has sinned much and I weep over those sins every time I think of them.  My weeping is two fold.  Weeping over the wretch that I was but also tears of joy, rejoicing in the call God has put upon my life and the amazing grace He alone has given to me to come out of the apostate church.  I take comfort in knowing that the persecutions I am getting for some of my testimony confirms the words of Jesus regarding the reaction truth sayers would receive from those blind to the truth about God.

http://truthinscripture.com/2009/04/05/the-great-apostasy/
Re: The Great Apostasy by DGIPLUS(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2011
Thank you, keep up the good work.
Re: The Great Apostasy by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 22, 2011
All points from the bible.
Irrefutable. Bless you.
Re: The Great Apostasy by nuclearboy(m): 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2011
Sad that this will fly over most heads. But it stands as a testimony that truth was spoken for all who read it.
Re: The Great Apostasy by yommyuk: 3:41am On Feb 23, 2011
Examine yourself Paul tells us. I am not looking for enemies or even friends. I am seeking truth my brothers and sisters. I am a man who has sinned much and I weep over those sins every time I think of them. My weeping is two fold. Weeping over the wretch that I was but also tears of joy, rejoicing in the call God has put upon my life and the amazing grace He alone has given to me to come out of the apostate church. I take comfort in knowing that the persecutions I am getting for some of my testimony confirms the words of Jesus regarding the reaction truth sayers would receive from those blind to the truth about God.

FRET NOT wink
Re: The Great Apostasy by Ganjaseed: 10:06am On Feb 23, 2011
If they could listen to this sound doctrine I think the church will be ready for the kingdom of God. But the churches of these days is all about Tithe, offering, church project, Pastor welfare, Rhapsody of unrealistic flattering words, popularity. The Churches of these days have perfected all avenue of collecting money from members forcefully weather the money is a dirty one or not yet they collect without thinking twice if that money is actually accepted by God or not. That is the reason i said there is no single man of God in Nigeria point out.
Re: The Great Apostasy by Sweetnecta: 2:16am On Mar 19, 2011
who is right; Jesus who said the laws of the old are valid, even upon him, or Paul who said the laws are in one shot nailed to the cross, therefore not applicable any longer?

this is the crock of the matter.
Re: The Great Apostasy by yommyuk: 2:40am On Mar 19, 2011
Sweetnecta:

who is right; Jesus who said the laws of the old are valid, even upon him, or Paul who said the laws are in one shot nailed to the cross, therefore not applicable any longer?this is the crock of the matter.

naaah

wrong interpretation. Let's put in into context

The "Law" is like a Child's guardian. Back then in the Greco - Roman culture, a guardian was a humble slave responsible for training and protecting a heir untill he/she comes of age. B4 Christ, the Law was like a guardian, but when Christ was nailed on the cross, he fulfilled the law hence becoming the Law. When you accept Christ as your lord and Savior, the Law automatically resides in you.

Christ becomes your law. Join in bro cool

(1) (Reply)

I Am Coming! Part 89 / Papa Oyedepo / Wrong Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.