Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting (35435 Views)

Buhari Receives Sokoto Governor, Tambuwal In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal In Proxy War Over PDP Ticket / PDP Convention: Tambuwal In Talks With Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by ogododo: 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, on Saturday, were in a closed-door meeting in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

The meeting was held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Pent House immediately after the governor arrived at 2.30 pm.

The meeting ended after one hour and the governor reportedly left at 3.30 pm.

Obasanjo’s Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi, confirmed the development in a statement on Saturday.

The statement titled, “Obasanjo Still Relevant For Consultations On Issues Of Governance And Challenges’, described the visit by Tambuwal as an unscheduled one.

The statement partly read, “After about an hour meeting behind closed doors with Obasanjo, the governor hinted that they had a successful parley and he was happy that the elder statesman was in high spirits despite the Covid-19 pandemic atmosphere.”

Akinyemi quoted Tambuwal as saying, “Baba is our leader and statesman. And it is always good for us to come around to see how he is doing, pay homage and consult him on very many issues of governance. That is why we have come this afternoon. And, we brought him the greetings and felicitations of the good people of Sokoto State.

“We shall continue to learn from him, drink from his wealth of experience and fountain of his knowledge and wisdom on issues of governance and challenges of today. We prayed that God Almighty shall continue to give him good health as I have met him today, and may he and all of us survive this Covid-19 pandemic.”

https://punchng.com/obasanjo-tambuwal-in-closed-door-meeting/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by SpecTTraP: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
We await the outcome.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by ManOfCompetence(m): 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
2023 elections loading.....He came to employ him to start writing letters on how APC and Buhari have failed woefully

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by nairavsdollars(f): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
Is Obasanjo still politically relevant after Buhari demystified him in 2019?

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Jostoman: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
ManOfCompetence:
2023 elections loading.....He came to employ him to start writing letters on how APC and Buhari have failed woefully
I don't need anybody to write a letter for me to know that this present government of Nigeria is a disaster.

194 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Jostoman: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Is Obasanjo still politically relevant after Buhari demystified him in 2019?
your buhari that cannot win election without the help of security agent and the rigging machinery oshiomole.

159 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
Tan can never president in this country, he is too desperate.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Cyberterror: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Tambuwal has come to deliver dollars from Wike so that Obasanjo can start singing a different tune for 2023 cheesy

Atiku has lost this battle already grin

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by bottlewater1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2020
I think how Nigeria will get out of this mess APC has thrown this country into should be a topic in further mathematics

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by ogododo: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Dem don de gather again like vultures

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by ThatFairGuy: 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
All about 2023. Meanwhile it's to AVAIL. APC is still in charge, no vacancy inthe next 20yrs

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
Obasanjo cannot agree to a. Northern president in 2023, even if he agrees. It would be Atiku or kwankwaso.. but I doubt he wont agree to a shift to the south

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by helinues: 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ebora owu....

Kara o le oo

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2020
Something cooking
Politicians are too desperate
Playing 2023 games in 2020

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Zendinho(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2020
‪I set my immunity aside & I stand before God who sees the heart of all men. God who knows the beginning from the end & I swear that Ize Iyamu is a THIEF. And that is why I didn’t give him anything, even a board appointment. -Adams Oshiomohole ‬(2016).

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by ogododo: 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
Lalasticlala
Baba de cook banga and starch
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
Meeting upon meeting but no progress in the country. What we need is a constitutional change. In fact, a remarkable change.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by RichBoy247: 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
Jostoman:
your buhari that cannot win election without the help of security agent and the rigging machinery oshiomole.

And who was the Commande-in-Chief when Buhari humiliated Goatluck and his blind supporters like you in 2015? imPatience Mama Piss I guess.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by tayo200(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
Okay. Happy meeting.
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by femmyapson(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
this space is booked for righteousness89

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Perfecttouchade: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by femmyapson(m): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
tayo200:
h
i j k l m n o p q...mtshw

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by chloride6: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
They do all this rubbish to attract attention.

Anybody can meet with one privately and nobody will know.

What they discussed is their business.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
All about Osinbajo

2o23

Apc

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by ikaboy: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
We are watching.
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by wisest10: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Pdp...let's watch out for ondo and edo
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by brosom(m): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Every time close door meeting with nothing to show forth

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Elslim: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
2023 loading.....
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by LibertyRep: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Something is obviously cooking.

We'll get to see it soon
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by Slawormir: 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by 2020Experience(m): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
So much happening in this jungle
Re: Obasanjo, Tambuwal In Closed-door Meeting by paulolee(m): 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
see them wearing nose masks and doing the covid hand shake for the camera, the same old men that hugged themselves and gist for long without those masks o..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DHQ: Military Captures Arms Caches Abandoned By Fleeing Boko Haram / Oyo 2022: Rauf Olaniyan Has Defected To APC / Buhari Asks Nigerians To Give Him 7 Days To Resolve Naira Notes Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.