Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Problem!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Problem!!! (340 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem!!! by Courage22121: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
I bought this Caucasian shepherd 2 months ago. And since then this dog has been giving me headache. I put chain on him for a walk and he strangle himself with it and choke itself till I decide to remove the chain. He does not move when I put the chain even if I drag kaka e nor go shake.
Secondly security aspects. This dog na olodo. He plays with everybody and never barks at anyone. And that is annoying me badly
Please help me train this dog I don tire �
Re: Problem!!! by verminnel(f): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
How old
Re: Problem!!! by harmargedon: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
how old is your dog?
Re: Problem!!! by Courage22121: 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
verminnel:
How old
3 months
Re: Problem!!! by Courage22121: 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
harmargedon:
how old is your dog?
He is 3 months o
Re: Problem!!! by harmargedon: 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
Courage22121:

He is 3 months o
he hasn't reached the age to play the role that you're looking for. Dogs become cautious of thier environment form 6 months, some start earlier like five months. I remembered when I got mine first, people said that she would never be aggressive because she was to playful with everyone but from my research I found out that it was just based on age. but when she got to five months, people could no longer enter our compound again, because she became very aggressive even to dogs passing by. As for her refusing to use a leash, first start by having a collar on his neck always then you can start by standing on a spot for a while then you move little by little, he will get used to it. he wasn't trained with walking on leashes that's why he's refusing to go with you. Training a pet requires patience and you'll have to sacrifice your time for it.

1 Like

Re: Problem!!! by decatalyst(m): 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
Courage22121:

3 months

And u expect him to bark at every tom and Jerry?

Stop putting expectations on anything...not even dogs. Let him live his life and grow. He will do all these things excellently well when it's time for him to do it.

Taking 3months old for a walk is "shameful" and dangerous for the poor pup sef. He can contract diseases or infections. He is at a stage where he needs to be pampered, build his system and learn to do things.

Remember, people might have been disappointed in you also...you may not be where they think you should be...but you have potential to surpass and surprise them all.

Let the dog grow...

1 Like

Re: Problem!!! by Courage22121: 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
harmargedon:
he hasn't reached the age to play the role that you're looking for. Dogs become cautious of thier environment form 6 months, some start earlier like five months. I remembered when I got mine first, people said that she would never be aggressive because she was to playful with everyone but from my research I found out that it was just based on age. but when she got to give months, people could no longer enter our compound again, because she became very aggressive even to dogs passing by. As for her refusing to use a leash, first start by having a collar on his neck always then you can start by standing on a spot for a while then you move little by little, he will get used to it. he wasn't trained with walking on leashes that's why he's refusing to go with you. Training a pet requires patience and you'll have to sacrifice your time for it.
The dog stubborn sha ! He listens to no one and do what he wants
Re: Problem!!! by laluski(m): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2020
harmargedon:
he hasn't reached the age to play the role that you're looking for. Dogs become cautious of thier environment form 6 months, some start earlier like five months. I remembered when I got mine first, people said that she would never be aggressive because she was to playful with everyone but from my research I found out that it was just based on age. but when she got to give months, people could no longer enter our compound again, because she became very aggressive even to dogs passing by. As for her refusing to use a leash, first start by having a collar on his neck always then you can start by standing on a spot for a while then you move little by little, he will get used to it. he wasn't trained with walking on leashes that's why he's refusing to go with you. Training a pet requires patience and you'll have to sacrifice your time for it.
Bravo!!!
Re: Problem!!! by harmargedon: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Courage22121:

The dog stubborn sha ! He listens to no one and do what he wants
those are the qualities of guard dogs. But train with treats, so that he'll learn to obey commands.
Re: Problem!!! by Wasky101: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Courage22121:

He is 3 months o
Do u expect your 3months old child to ask a stranger who they are looking for?
At 3months all the puppy wants to do is play

(1) (Reply)

German Shepherd Puppy Available For New Home / 3 Months Puppy Rott Crawling / Boar And Kalahari Red Breed Goat Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.